Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th September 2019, 06.19:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Default Over to you Wrexham Board

Ok, another thread asking the board to do the right thing. I'm not here shouting for the board to sack Hughes and walk away to, what I'm asking for is for them to appoint a footballing man into the board. Someone like Brian Flynn. However I do think we should be sacking Hughes today, and approaching someone to come in to manage the team on a caretaker basis. Kevin Russell comes to mind. We need someone to come in and make the changes needed, because if the next manager isn't a strong one, this club is going down.

My worry is if we do get relegated, how long will we be able to afford to play at the Racecourse for. Is Wrexham football club going to end up without a ground in the end after all?

The fans never gave up through the Hamilton days, and they wont give up now. I see Saturday becoming quite ugly, I certainly wouldn't want to be sat in them stands if I was a member of the board.

Bryan Hughes will.leave this club as a failed manager, but I will always remember him for the player he was, and he will always be welcomed by us fans at the Racecourse ground. Club hero to some of us to be fair.

So to the board, come out and admit your made mistakes and that your speaking to potential board members with a football background. Your also putting the club up for sale, and all the trust money saved will be staying within the club accounts. Also that you are bringing in a manager in the mould of Denis Smith, who will not stand for player power, he needs to come in and show who is boss.

The sad thing is, out of the whole situation we are still.stuck with the players we have. On paper they look good, but in reality, they have performed so poor this season that it shouldn't just be Hughes that is getting the sack. Some of these players should be getting their contracts ripped up. They are stealing a wage from a fans owned club. Makes me feel sick that our money is going into there pockets after the last 3 performances.
Old 25th September 2019, 06.26:23   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Over to you Wrexham Board

Harry, someone NOT like BF. He can only commit part time and it’s not what we need.
My ideas for the football board would require some ‘investment’ which I think will take time to muster.

Fix the immediate problem and then take any time it buys to put a better structure in place.
Old 25th September 2019, 06.30:08   #3-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

I stopped reading when I got to Kevin Russell.

Anyway, shouldn't be over to the WST board?
Old 25th September 2019, 06.42:25   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

why this fascination with former players. Get someone in who does not have ties with the club to allow them to take a fresh look at the whole setup without pressure of previous experiences.
Old 25th September 2019, 06.46:19   #5-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Harry, someone NOT like BF. He can only commit part time and it’s not what we need.
My ideas for the football board would require some ‘investment’ which I think will take time to muster.

Fix the immediate problem and then take any time it buys to put a better structure in place.
Agree we need fulltime people in key posts both on the football and board side of things.

Manager wise it needs to be someone with no club connection but given free reign to bring in who they want and that means them getting rid of Darlington and Flynn if needs be.
Old 25th September 2019, 06.54:23   #6-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Kevin Russell has been mentioned as potential manager for the last 20 years, when will people realised he is NOT interested in becoming manager?
Old 25th September 2019, 07.55:42   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Kevin Russell has been mentioned as potential manager for the last 20 years, when will people realised he is NOT interested in becoming manager?
He would be interested. Spoke to him at the stoke friendly about it. Wouldn’t be my choice though
Old 25th September 2019, 08.17:02   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: As Far away from Idiots as Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by red hills View Post
why this fascination with former players. Get someone in who does not have ties with the club to allow them to take a fresh look at the whole setup without pressure of previous experiences.
This.

I've never known a club like it.

Has Curtis Obeng got his badges?
Old 25th September 2019, 08.21:29   #9-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post

I'vs said it before, we've gone worse since Flynn arrived albeit he's only here part time. What an utter waste of time he is and money, assuming he's getting paid for his 1 day "expert" advice.
I also think we need someone with no previous ties to the club, fresh face, fresh ideas, but needs doing pdq. What a mess we are in.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.42:10.