Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th September 2019, 14.14:33   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Next to an idiot
Twitter: @

Default Re: A realistic redefinition of success

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Success for me is promotion anything less if we are there abouts doesn't mean we have had a bad season or we should want to sack everybody in sight but 12 years down here is a long time and every season we miss out is another failure. Agree we seem to have decent players but non of them are consistent and we only play well in patches. Although Dibble is a good shot stopper there is at least one silly mistake and goal conceded in him every game he plays which puts us on the back foot before we even kick off.Would need a drastic turn in performance and fortune to get near the play offs now so think we can write this season off whether Hughes goes now or in a few weeks time but dont think we are bad enough to go down either way.
Ah! The good old “ too good to go down “ argument!
Old 25th September 2019, 14.18:46   #20-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
Ah! The good old “ too good to go down “ argument!
Yup, if things don't change at management level and probably higher, we will likely be down.

I don't have a crystal ball but I can see a team short on confidence, guidance and motivation when I see one.

The last few games are an indicator of the direction we are going. Can anyone really see it changing if there aren't changes made?
Old 25th September 2019, 14.20:35   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
‘A good shot stopper’ what utter drivel, come on you must know you’re talking rubbish there. Watch all the goals conceded this year and then come back to me and tell me he’s a good shot stopper, watch the goal on Saturday he still hasn’t reacted.
He's made decent saves in every game near enough including last night's, I know you got some sort of obsession with him but it's clouding your eye sight or memory. Agree with you he's a total liability though as like I said he's likely to fcuk up at any time and shouldn't be anywhere near the team.
Old 25th September 2019, 14.27:54   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
He's made decent saves in every game near enough including last night's, I know you got some sort of obsession with him but it's clouding your eye sight or memory. Agree with you he's a total liability though as like I said he's likely to fcuk up at any time and shouldn't be anywhere near the team.
He’s made routine saves that any keeper including welsh national level would make, he hasn’t got the agility or footwork to make decent saves. The majority of goals that’s gone in this season there’s been question marks whether he could of done better, trust me he is not a decent shot stopper that excuse was always peddled out with Coughlin and he’s quickly found his level.
Old 25th September 2019, 14.47:01   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Anyone I want, I'm Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I would hope that given it doesn't look like he is going before the weekend, that if we fail to BEAT Ebbsfleet he is shown the door immediately, along with Darlington and Flynn.

As for who chooses the successor, it will be likely its the same people again. But surely, they couldn't make another bizarre decision.... could they?

If they even look at an ex player with little or no management pedigree as the new incumbent then I think it would confirm they have no idea...
They will probably make Flynn caretaker manager at first, then a few weeks go by with him stating he doesn't want the job he gets it on a 2 year deal only to be off by the end of January with someone like Deryn Brace coming in - you couldn't make it up could you?
Old 25th September 2019, 17.31:46   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Dibble has not stepped up to the mark. He has been given a huge chance and made mistake after mistake and the majority costing us the game.
It’s been unbelievable really.

We also seem to manage conceding 1 more than we score even to Aldershot and conceding late goals and conceding not long after we score. It’s all gone pear shaped in everyway.

Hard to put a finger on a specific problem but a combination of many.
Plus the chop, change and tinkering.

I just think the reality is BH is out of his depth, he has 2 part time helpers and just cannot motivate the team. He needs to go now and we have to resurrect the season.

Pete and Spencer are going to preside over a relegation otherwise. Who will they blame then? We have to sort it now.
Old 25th September 2019, 17.44:06   #25-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuteorob View Post
A realistic redefinition of success right now would be winning the Tunnocks caramel wafer cup
Right now I'd say it was winning a game!
Old 25th September 2019, 22.22:29   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
Last August the criteria for success, given the promising new signings and retention of some of our better players, was promotion. Initially everyone got behind this and the support was superb.

One month later and this has now changed to avoiding relegation. The only thing that matters is scraping enough points to stay out of the bottom four. It doesn't matter how we get the points, just that we do.

The factor that hasn't changed is the need to support our team with as much passion and enthusiasm as we can manage - it could be the difference between 'success' and the shame of relegation.

It's a very big ask but it's of the utmost importance.
COYR
for me realistically we can make the play offs (waits to be laughed at)
Old 26th September 2019, 03.44:59   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
for me realistically we can make the play offs (waits to be laughed at)
Whilst the points are there then possible yes, probable no.
Success has to be redefined and re-evaluated constantly.
Success now is outside the bottom 4. In a few weeks time it might be a top 10 position.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.58:18.