Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st October 2019, 12.23:18   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fiduciary Duty and the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
It is easy not to be aware of it as it was hidden in 12-20 pages of bollox
Old 1st October 2019, 12.33:29   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
It is easy not to be aware of it as it was hidden in 12-20 pages of bollox
Very fair comment.
Old 1st October 2019, 12.52:16   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Fidiciary Duty - A legal obligation of one party to act in the best interest of another. The obligated party is typically a fiduciary, that is, someone entrusted with the care of money or property. Also called fiduciary obligation.

As much as I think mistakes have been made not only on the management appointments but on the wider football strategy I very much doubt the club board would fail the legal hurdle of breach of ficiciary duty. Its an interesting attempt to use a lever not many would be aware of to pressure for a DoF but I don't think its a fair one.

Better to outline the failings in terms of league position, cost of management change, training facilities, degredation of youth system coupled with falling transfer revenue therof from youth players and young pro's etc.

I agree with your sentiment but the lever used I don't.
Old 1st October 2019, 13.25:31   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Fidiciary Duty - A legal obligation of one party to act in the best interest of another. The obligated party is typically a fiduciary, that is, someone entrusted with the care of money or property. Also called fiduciary obligation.

As much as I think mistakes have been made not only on the management appointments but on the wider football strategy I very much doubt the club board would fail the legal hurdle of breach of ficiciary duty. Its an interesting attempt to use a lever not many would be aware of to pressure for a DoF but I don't think its a fair one.

Better to outline the failings in terms of league position, cost of management change, training facilities, degredation of youth system coupled with falling transfer revenue therof from youth players and young pro's etc.

I agree with your sentiment but the lever used I don't.

I have a question on some of the above... So as much as we have gotten into a fairly stable financial position, how was that done?

Ward money, what else?

Also, what would the projected long term losses in terms of transfer fees and add ons be as a result of the degredation of the youth system. I dont think we have had much value of youth players breaking through on the pitch for us but some of the players we sold on have generated revenue right?
Old 1st October 2019, 13.42:41   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

BV, I think legally many of the subjects where ‘suitably qualified’ would count could be argued as a builder (for instance) may not be considered ‘suitable’ to pick a football manager. If however they had been involved in running football teams all their lives then they would be suitable.
I dont think our board come from this ‘football’ type background and the subjects you list certainly back this up. In particular Cost of management change.
Old 1st October 2019, 13.51:58   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamandy View Post
I think most would support any extra football expertise the club could get. And questions do need to be asked about recent appointments.

However suggesting the trust and club are beaching their legal fiduciary duties is a pretty strong thing to say and a whole other level. I would suggest you be careful with that given I cannot see anything in what you have said to support such an allegation. Otherwise there would be directors breaching their fiduciary duties up and down the country every week when hiring or firing managers on the basis they don’t have enough of some undefined “football knowledge”.
I think you are probably right, I'm sure there is but thats irrelevant. Bad practice is bad practice.

I do agree its "pretty strong thing to say". I feel it happens to be the case. "football knowledge" could be salaried by a football club in a direct football capacity.
Old 1st October 2019, 13.54:04   #25-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
No it isn't about removing directors and that's been made clear, twice.
Seems some people only read what they wanted to, in their desperate attempt's to crush the only way of holding those on the board to account.

If you really support the club and not board members then the opportunity to hold them to account should be welcome as they aren't doing it themselves. Still at least we're not Bury eh?
Well I got to the send your details bit and switched off. You lost me then as I had no idea what it was trying to do. Apologies if thats because I'm slow.
Old 1st October 2019, 13.56:18   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
You clearly haven't read the EGM proposals and have been blindsided by those who believe that its sole aim is to remove directors. I thought you were better than that.
No I havent read the EGM stuff as I say I was open ish to an EGM but I was lost by the lack of cohesion of the approach. Is it going to happen and does it follow the Trust rules?
Old 1st October 2019, 13.58:35   #27-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Lets get this right , is he saying that Harris is not qualified to pick a football Manager , and therefore should appoint a suitable person to carry out Football matters .
He is

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.11:01.