Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st October 2019, 13.59:11   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fiduciary Duty and the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
No I havent read the EGM stuff as I say I was open ish to an EGM but I was lost by the lack of cohesion of the approach. Is it going to happen and does it follow the Trust rules?
It will only happen if enough people support it... As per the trust rules
Old 1st October 2019, 14.01:23   #29-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
No I havent read the EGM stuff as I say I was open ish to an EGM but I was lost by the lack of cohesion of the approach. Is it going to happen and does it follow the Trust rules?
As far as I can tell everything has been done by the book so far. I've put my name down for that reason.

It needs 5% of the WST membership to trigger an EGM, which is a rule set by the Trust.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.03:24   #30-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Fidiciary Duty - A legal obligation of one party to act in the best interest of another. The obligated party is typically a fiduciary, that is, someone entrusted with the care of money or property. Also called fiduciary obligation.

As much as I think mistakes have been made not only on the management appointments but on the wider football strategy I very much doubt the club board would fail the legal hurdle of breach of ficiciary duty. Its an interesting attempt to use a lever not many would be aware of to pressure for a DoF but I don't think its a fair one.

Better to outline the failings in terms of league position, cost of management change, training facilities, degredation of youth system coupled with falling transfer revenue therof from youth players and young pro's etc.

I agree with your sentiment but the lever used I don't.
We were advised in order to satisfy that duty of care you had to know what you were doing in a professional environment. Where does it stop, should they have a stab at Physio? I appreciate I'm being silly but it could be argued the single most important function within the club is being dealt with in that fashion.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.04:00   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
What an embarrassing, ill informed post. Congratulations that's a belter.

I read the info that was posted on the EGM thread. It was clear.
Then I read the outline of the agenda post on the same post, so if you 'have no idea what the EGM is about apart from having a go at Directors' then you either haven't bothered to read it or you're just being deliberately ignorant.
I have no idea what your last sentence means.
Perhaps more posts would help.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.05:38   #32-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Well I got to the send your details bit and switched off. You lost me then as I had no idea what it was trying to do. Apologies if thats because I'm slow.
You think I wrote that EGM post? Feel free to ask Rob to clarify that if you wanna try something new and get the truth.

So you started to read it, didn't bother then have proceeded to state inaccuracies' about it on this thread. Nice one, that's dead clever. That tells everyone pretty much everything they need to know about you.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.07:10   #33-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Perhaps more posts would help.
Maybe. I'd suggest sending an email to them as they've said they will welcome any ideas or suggestions.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.13:10   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
You think I wrote that EGM post? Feel free to ask Rob to clarify that if you wanna try something new and get the truth.

So you started to read it, didn't bother then have proceeded to state inaccuracies' about it on this thread. Nice one, that's dead clever. That tells everyone pretty much everything they need to know about you.
It was a figurative you.

Yes I did start reading and thought (honestly) there's nothing here/they wont get it off the ground/it wont happen/its a bit shambolic.

I told you how 'they' had communicated with me and how I'd reacted. It turns out the AGM agenda is on page 10 of a thread. Not read it till a few moments ago.... Where are they up to with what they have to do? Is the proposal whats required under Trust constitution? I havent really read that recently so have no idea.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.21:10   #35-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
It was a figurative you.

Yes I did start reading and thought (honestly) there's nothing here/they wont get it off the ground/it wont happen/its a bit shambolic.

I told you how 'they' had communicated with me and how I'd reacted. It turns out the AGM agenda is on page 10 of a thread. Not read it till a few moments ago.... Where are they up to with what they have to do? Is the proposal whats required under Trust constitution? I havent really read that recently so have no idea.
You forgot the bit about posting inaccuracies' about it in this thread without having bothered to even read it. I mean, WTF is that all about?

I think you're just on the wind up here to be honest. Can't take you seriously anymore. Maybe its an attention seeking ploy? Although I laughed at the glaring irony in your 'its a bit shambolic' statement seeing as you could probably face legal action for some of the stuff you wrote in your opening post.
Old 1st October 2019, 14.54:24   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
You forgot the bit about posting inaccuracies' about it in this thread without having bothered to even read it. I mean, WTF is that all about?

I think you're just on the wind up here to be honest. Can't take you seriously anymore. Maybe its an attention seeking ploy? Although I laughed at the glaring irony in your 'its a bit shambolic' statement seeing as you could probably face legal action for some of the stuff you wrote in your opening post.
Okeydokey. you can disengage whilst I await the solicitors letters.

For others I have read the Agenda and there are bits that look a bit like where/what I want to see which for me is football experience. What would be helpful to many I suspect if the people behind the EGM could detail the current relationships with boards etc?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.47:56.