Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st October 2019, 15.12:46   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fiduciary Duty and the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Okeydokey. you can disengage whilst I await the solicitors letters.

For others I have read the Agenda and there are bits that look a bit like where/what I want to see which for me is football experience. What would be helpful to many I suspect if the people behind the EGM could detail the current relationships with boards etc?
Been done... Just fans
Old 1st October 2019, 16.26:30   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
Surely as useless as a board we have it can’t be a crime to be useless at picking managers
I don’t for a minute think we have “useless” board, quite the opposite. No it’s just a fact they don’t have any football experience. I have defined that elsewhere.
Old 1st October 2019, 16.45:09   #39-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
We were advised in order to satisfy that duty of care you had to know what you were doing in a professional environment. Where does it stop, should they have a stab at Physio? I appreciate I'm being silly but it could be argued the single most important function within the club is being dealt with in that fashion.
But to prove breach of fiduciary duty there is a hurdle test to be applied “knowingly and wilfully” tends to be banded about - just not being very good doesn’t drag you into court for breach otherwise half the Directors I know would have been up before the courts!

As I say totally appreciate where you are coming from, agree with the sentiments but I wouldn’t suggest the board are yet in breach.
Old 1st October 2019, 16.47:56   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
But to prove breach of fiduciary duty there is a hurdle test to be applied “knowingly and wilfully” tends to be banded about - just not being very good doesn’t drag you into court for breach otherwise half the Directors I know would have been up before the courts!

As I say totally appreciate where you are coming from, agree with the sentiments but I wouldn’t suggest the board are yet in breach.
You are assuming some sort of trial. No, let’s acknowledge it and remedy it that’s all. It’s not a company law thing it’s a trust thing.

Last edited by 3pmsaturday; 1st October 2019 at 16.49:08..
Old 1st October 2019, 17.09:28   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
You are assuming some sort of trial. No, let’s acknowledge it and remedy it that’s all. It’s not a company law thing it’s a trust thing.
It IS a company law thing as well because the fiduciary duties of Directors are now codified in the Companies Act. Similar to common law trustee duties anyway.

A director being not very good at his job, or not having enough experience as would be liked in one aspect of the business, even to the point of giving a fair reason for dismissal is VERY far removed from a Director breaching their fiduciary duties.

I think you are either mis-remembering your advice before, it was OTT or you’ve misinterpreted it. The kind of things you’re talking about are nowhere near the standard required and is just making your arguments seem like hyperbole when there are no doubt genuine concerns to be raised (and I share them).

Last edited by wrexhamandy; 1st October 2019 at 17.11:07..
Old 1st October 2019, 17.43:08   #42-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Breach of fiduciary duty is serious though, as a Director it’s as serious allegation you can face below fraud (and arguably could in many cases equate to the same) and above incompetence. Hamilton got done for breach fiduciary duty, the only Wrexham Director I know of who has so as much as I disagree with prior decisions, direction, strategy and focus I can’t bring myself to bring it to fiduciary duty level - the board have made mistakes but you can’t throw them in Hamilton’s bucket by using the term.

Just an opinion and one some might find odd given my previous criticisms

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.50:28.