Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th October 2019, 08.22:03   #211-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name:





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post


I'm still not sure why any genuine fan would want to try to derail this, unless you value individuals over the well being of the club. Which it seems is the case here. Very odd for so called fans.
Bit inflammatory to say that you can't be a genuine fan if you don't completely back this isn't it?

It's clear apathy has set in, people just want to watch football and enjoy it. The politicking is boring and divisive. That's where we're at. Call people 'so called fans' etc all you like. It's clear there is very little appetite for change except for a few very loud personalities on here. I personally have only been to about 3 games this season, can't see me going to much more if things don't change.
__________________
Quote:
Also, recently at games Wrex has ignored children and stood talking with a 'couldn't care less attitude

Last edited by louisleftboot; 11th October 2019 at 08.24:57..
Old 11th October 2019, 08.24:51   #212-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Maybe they should follow the club board's fine example of leadership and transparency and release a statement telling bare faced lies, would that be better for you?

Of course the difference is that they are under no obligation, unlike the boards and they have not banged on for years about how transparent they are nor have they made any promises to deliver updates. I'm sure they will though.

I'm still not sure why any genuine fan would want to try to derail this, unless you value individuals over the well being of the club. Which it seems is the case here. Very odd for so called fans.



The only time that anyone can "derail" this process is at an EGM.
Comments on a message board are hardly likely to affect how fans think.
The proposal might be something that could be widely supported but no one knows what the actual motion is yet.
The WST cannot stop the process and if a resolution is supported and presented the Trust have a limited time to arrange a meeting.
Failure to do this means that the proposer can call the meeting at the clubs expense.
One of the problems that the OP has is that there is currently no resolution that might attract support.
Old 11th October 2019, 08.25:14   #213-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

I think Phil is talking about those who have done nothing but try to belittle the process etc not those who maybe just don't care.
There have been posts on these threads that have literally just been put there to derail any momentum etc.
Old 11th October 2019, 08.29:08   #214-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Maybe they should follow the club board's fine example of leadership and transparency and release a statement telling bare faced lies, would that be better for you?

Of course the difference is that they are under no obligation, unlike the boards and they have not banged on for years about how transparent they are nor have they made any promises to deliver updates. I'm sure they will though.

I'm still not sure why any genuine fan would want to try to derail this, unless you value individuals over the well being of the club. Which it seems is the case here. Very odd for so called fans.
It doesn't need derailing it's well and truly hit the buffers.
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Old 11th October 2019, 08.29:12   #215-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
[/COLOR]

The only time that anyone can "derail" this process is at an EGM.
Comments on a message board are hardly likely to affect how fans think.
The proposal might be something that could be widely supported but no one knows what the actual motion is yet.
The WST cannot stop the process and if a resolution is supported and presented the Trust have a limited time to arrange a meeting.
Failure to do this means that the proposer can call the meeting at the clubs expense.
One of the problems that the OP has is that there is currently no resolution that might attract support.
Maybe it needs a different approach then? There are already proposals in the thread but perhaps those behind it could now make these definite?

Maybe if a set of defined, reasonable proposals are posted it will attract the final signatures needed. If this is what is holding several supporters back then perhaps this is the way to now go forward.

If those who have already submitted their signatures then disagree with the final resolutions they can always withdraw.

I really do thing there are serious underlying issues to be addressed. it would be a shame to lose this chance due to not doing all we can.
Old 11th October 2019, 08.33:24   #216-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
It doesn't need derailing it's well and truly hit the buffers.
Which is a sad state of affairs then if true. Because the way this club is going the fanbase will be divided for good, a lot will now stay away and eventually the club will suffer.

If that continues to happen then at least those who drew up these 'proposals' and tried to get something going can be proud and can say they did something.

Those that opposed it so aggressively can then also be happy with their crumbling club, dwindling crowds and decline.

Something is seriously wrong at the club, that is clear by recent events. This may be the only chance supporters have to make a difference and make a change.
Old 11th October 2019, 08.36:45   #217-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Maybe it needs a different approach then? There are already proposals in the thread but perhaps those behind it could now make these definite?

Maybe if a set of defined, reasonable proposals are posted it will attract the final signatures needed. If this is what is holding several supporters back then perhaps this is the way to now go forward.

If those who have already submitted their signatures then disagree with the final resolutions they can always withdraw.

I really do thing there are serious underlying issues to be addressed. it would be a shame to lose this chance due to not doing all we can.
As well as detailing the proposals, the proposers need to show themselves.

I'm surprised 76 have signed up to support a wishlist put forward on a message board by anonymous proposer or proposers.

As Phil would say, very odd.
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Old 11th October 2019, 08.53:22   #218-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Maybe they should come public. However, can you blame them for not doing this so far with the Board doing their best to 'block' any public dissenters or those with 'tricky questions'? Their actions regarding the DSA this week seem to show a determination to quash opposition aggressively and IMO in a completely over the top manner.
Old 11th October 2019, 08.53:24   #219-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
As well as detailing the proposals, the proposers need to show themselves.

I'm surprised 76 have signed up to support a wishlist put forward on a message board by anonymous proposer or proposers.

As Phil would say, very odd.
Once again you are not voting for the people who have called for this you are voting for the EGM to take place. So it doesn't matter who is behind it. For someone who admitted you aren't a fan why are you even bothered anyway? Now that's odd. Nothing better to do?
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 11th October 2019, 09.05:25   #220-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Once again you are not voting for the people who have called for this you are voting for the EGM to take place. So it doesn't matter who is behind it. For someone who admitted you aren't a fan why are you even bothered anyway? Now that's odd. Nothing better to do?
No, but how do we know the proposers are fans?
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.19:29.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12