Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th October 2019, 09.07:27   #221-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Maybe they should come public. However, can you blame them for not doing this so far with the Board doing their best to 'block' any public dissenters or those with 'tricky questions'? Their actions regarding the DSA this week seem to show a determination to quash opposition aggressively and IMO in a completely over the top manner.
This is a club board who use dirty sly tactics by just telling lies. They would probably get banned from games, that would not surprise me one bit. We've seen how petty and low the board are prepared to sink.

Then there's a minority of fans who are still in 'Hamilton mode' who would no doubt attempt to smear anyone who put their names out there.

Even Bryn Law got stick when he went public about the people who approached him about the club.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 11th October 2019, 09.10:51   #222-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Once again you are not voting for the people who have called for this you are voting for the EGM to take place. So it doesn't matter who is behind it. For someone who admitted you aren't a fan why are you even bothered anyway? Now that's odd. Nothing better to do?
I'm a fan again now, see you Sat.
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Old 11th October 2019, 09.15:28   #223-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Once again you are not voting for the people who have called for this you are voting for the EGM to take place. So it doesn't matter who is behind it. For someone who admitted you aren't a fan why are you even bothered anyway? Now that's odd. Nothing better to do?
Agree that you are not voting for the proposers and I'm not bothered who they are as it makes little difference.
Unfortunately fans are being asked to support "blind" proposals.
If there were definite resolutions, the response may be better.
As it is some have signed up and made it known that their support is subject to the resolution proposed.
What you may get is
1 Enough signatures to call and EGM.
2 Resolutions that are not supported causing signatures to be withdrawn, resulting in lack of signatures to call an EGM.
I'm all for due process but this hasn't been thought through properly.

Last edited by Quay Red; 11th October 2019 at 09.16:32..
Old 11th October 2019, 09.30:26   #224-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Agree that you are not voting for the proposers and I'm not bothered who they are as it makes little difference.
Unfortunately fans are being asked to support "blind" proposals.
If there were definite resolutions, the response may be better.
As it is some have signed up and made it known that their support is subject to the resolution proposed.
What you may get is
1 Enough signatures to call and EGM.
2 Resolutions that are not supported causing signatures to be withdrawn, resulting in lack of signatures to call an EGM.
I'm all for due process but this hasn't been thought through properly.
Why, how many EGM's have you called?

What's blind about the agenda on this thread?

You must have missed the part in bold below.

Nothing is set in stone at this stage that's also been made clear and by voting to call an EGM you aren't supporting any of the agenda, that comes later.
You don't seem have grasped this.
And as they have said you can email in any proposals you want. Don't think its right? Then tell them. Send in your proposals. Better than whinging on the thread everyday isn't it? Isn't that what fans have been told on here for years, do something instead of whinging on a forum?

We have fans here who want to do more than bleat on forum and start dialogue with the board, I can't criticise that even if I don't agree with everything.

Again, to clarify our position, we have reasonable topics of discussion – but the first hurdle, as set out by the WST process is to garner the support for a meeting. Assuming we can make the meeting happen, the high level discussion points that we wish to address are detailed below:


• Address lack of full-time personnel and positions directly supporting the first team management. The long-term aim is to protect Wrexham AFC’s status as a full-time professional football club
• Seek organisational change at boardroom level due to the dissatisfaction amongst a population of the membership. We are not suggesting a complete replacement of board members, which we feel would be unreasonable and irresponsible. Maintaining stability through any period of change is essential
• Enact positive change to the procedures intended to hold directors accountable
• Request that appointments made to replace any outgoing board members are managed by the WST board, and that the skills gap within the area of football operations is addressed via the identification and appointment of a candidate with the pre-requisite skills and experience such as a director of football
• Place the role of WST chair under review, giving this role the remit to hold directors and board members accountable. Implement a time limitation on this role, and make it a directly elected role
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 11th October 2019, 09.53:54   #225-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Why, how many EGM's have you called?

What's blind about the agenda on this thread?

You must have missed the part in bold below.

Nothing is set in stone at this stage that's also been made clear and by voting to call an EGM you aren't supporting any of the agenda, that comes later.
You don't seem have grasped this.
And as they have said you can email in any proposals you want. Don't think its right? Then tell them. Send in your proposals. Better than whinging on the thread everyday isn't it? Isn't that what fans have been told on here for years, do something instead of whinging on a forum?

We have fans here who want to do more than bleat on forum and start dialogue with the board, I can't criticise that even if I don't agree with everything.

Again, to clarify our position, we have reasonable topics of discussion – but the first hurdle, as set out by the WST process is to garner the support for a meeting. Assuming we can make the meeting happen, the high level discussion points that we wish to address are detailed below:


• Address lack of full-time personnel and positions directly supporting the first team management. The long-term aim is to protect Wrexham AFC’s status as a full-time professional football club
• Seek organisational change at boardroom level due to the dissatisfaction amongst a population of the membership. We are not suggesting a complete replacement of board members, which we feel would be unreasonable and irresponsible. Maintaining stability through any period of change is essential
• Enact positive change to the procedures intended to hold directors accountable
• Request that appointments made to replace any outgoing board members are managed by the WST board, and that the skills gap within the area of football operations is addressed via the identification and appointment of a candidate with the pre-requisite skills and experience such as a director of football
• Place the role of WST chair under review, giving this role the remit to hold directors and board members accountable. Implement a time limitation on this role, and make it a directly elected role
I have never called an EGM. Does that matter.

I'm just pointing out that without a resolution forwarded to the Secretary and supported by the 5% of the adult membership, an EGM won't be called.
See the WST rules. Section 30.8 - 31 -33-34 - 35- 36 &37.

The Agenda needs to be converted into Resolutions.

FWIW. I'm not against calling an EGM.

Last edited by Quay Red; 11th October 2019 at 09.57:50..
Old 11th October 2019, 10.21:36   #226-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
I have never called an EGM. Does that matter.

I'm just pointing out that without a resolution forwarded to the Secretary and supported by the 5% of the adult membership, an EGM won't be called.
See the WST rules. Section 30.8 - 31 -33-34 - 35- 36 &37.

The Agenda needs to be converted into Resolutions.

FWIW. I'm not against calling an EGM.
You do not forward a resolution to the secretary until you have the required amount of votes.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 11th October 2019, 10.40:08   #227-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

It doesn't matter how you justify a blind proposal by anonymous proposers, it still has the support of about 2% of the membership.
Nothing is stopping the production of detailed proposals, a load of stuff about why they are not needed now just strengthens the suspicion that none exist, and the anonymity suggests the proposers either have something to hide, or they couldn't handle the level scrutiny and criticism being levelled at the current boards.
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Old 11th October 2019, 10.42:56   #228-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
It doesn't matter how you justify a blind proposal by anonymous proposers, it still has the support of about 2% of the membership.
Nothing is stopping the production of detailed proposals, a load of stuff about why they are not needed now just strengthens the suspicion that none exist, and the anonymity suggests the proposers either have something to hide, or they couldn't handle the level scrutiny and criticism being levelled at the current boards.
Isnt the turnout generally in the 5-7% range on votes? If so isnt 2% actually quite high? ( apologies if that is your point - unsure if saying its high/low!)
Old 11th October 2019, 10.57:39   #229-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Isnt the turnout generally in the 5-7% range on votes? If so isnt 2% actually quite high? ( apologies if that is your point - unsure if saying its high/low!)
lol
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Old 11th October 2019, 11.19:04   #230-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
lol
Are you saying board resolutions have had low support?

Or the EGM has high support in context?

It could of course be a further 2% of previously unengaged members raising overall engagement rates.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.20:49.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12