RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST EGM - Recap of Agenda (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114643-wst-egm-recap-agenda.html)

Hightown Brymbo Red 3rd October 2019 07.11:59

Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Are we still a fans owned club?

marathonplny 3rd October 2019 07.34:40

Yes - but only by certain fans it would appear

Get this thread on the back of the leader

Fans request EGM

pagl 3rd October 2019 07.52:39

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2302616]Are we still a fans owned club?[/QUOTE]

No.

LlayDragon 3rd October 2019 07.55:58

Sort of.

The fans finance WST. WST owns the club.

Wreck Sam 3rd October 2019 08.17:38

Owned by a handful of fans who have cemented their position on the board to act without any regard to the wider fan base.

podders 3rd October 2019 09.09:12

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2302522]Still has my support but we need to turn these discussion points into viable motions.

We also need to convince more WST members to sign up.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Prodigal, what is listed is a series of discussion points, which the initial post says is not complete and people can add them too. From reading the policy on calling an EGM doesn't there need to be a list of motions or resolutions to be discussed and voted on?

I also think some people backing this aren't clear on what it is for either. When you see posts from people supporting the EGM saying it's about a vote of no confidence in the board but the agenda given doesn't actually state that - surely some people are going to be disappointed in the outcome.

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd October 2019 11.25:08

[QUOTE=podders;2302645]I agree with you Prodigal, what is listed is a series of discussion points, which the initial post says is not complete and people can add them too. From reading the policy on calling an EGM doesn't there need to be a list of motions or resolutions to be discussed and voted on?

I also think some people backing this aren't clear on what it is for either. When you see posts from people supporting the EGM saying it's about a vote of no confidence in the board but the agenda given doesn't actually state that - surely some people are going to be disappointed in the outcome.[/QUOTE]

I think the EGM will not be called until the required number of 'signatures' are collected AND the final resolution points drafted?

That was my understanding and seems perfectly logical to me. I doubt that the parties behind this will immediately call for the EGM without having the proper and well thought out resolutions in place. They are following the guidelines correctly.

As for someone commenting about the time it is taking, as far as I am aware there is no time limit on it. The only worry with the length of time is that things could get progressively worse in the meantime.

podders 3rd October 2019 11.34:06

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2302675]
As for someone commenting about the time it is taking, as far as I am aware there is no time limit on it. The only worry with the length of time is that things could get progressively worse in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't get through soon enough then maybe these resolutions can be submitted at next years AGM ;)

GarryOggy 3rd October 2019 11.54:38

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2302621]Yes - but only by certain fans it would appear

Get this thread on the back of the leader

Fans request EGM[/QUOTE]

Fans who can't get voted democratically onto the board resort to undemocratic actions. Divide and conquer. What has changed since the AGM? Nothing.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.29:48.