RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST EGM - Recap of Agenda (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114643-wst-egm-recap-agenda.html)

EGM 2019 2nd October 2019 14.10:15

WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

To follow up on some comments on the original thread on this subject. It appears that some could not find the outline of the agenda post as it became buried in the ongoing discussion. So, to recap here is a repeat of that post.
We have a had a largely positive response to this EGM proposal leading us to believe it is welcomed by a large number of Wrexham fans and are now looking for all supportive club members to send their name, DOB and membership number to [email]wstegm@outlook.com[/email]

[B]Why are we doing this?[/B]

The immediate trigger for these actions is not the recent on pitch performances. While like all other fans, we feel the current position within the league table is not satisfactory, we believe it is a symptom and not the cause. We believe that the actions of, in particular, the Football Club board over an extended period of time have both directly and indirectly contributed towards our current position. Like the majority of fans, we acknowledge the great efforts of those people working in a voluntary capacity to provide financial stability, and we expect that they welcome this discussion regarding the future of the club in order to either inform change, or alternatively unify and repair the relationship between existing leadership and the fans.

[B]Who are we?[/B]

A number of you have asked who we are. Why the secrecy? We do not wish to compromise the democracy of a vote in any way. If we can achieve enough names to trigger an EGM then clearly our names will be released. But right now, it doesn’t matter. We want people to get behind the idea of discussing change in a forum which as the membership base of Wrexham AFC we are all fully entitled to.

As a collective, we believe that amongst the current supporter base, and in particular the WST membership, the desire for change is strong. We are not individuals with a personal agenda, we are first and foremost fans of our great football club who share concerns about the current condition of our football club. We believe, that the relationship between the leadership team at Wrexham AFC (both the football club board, and the WST board) and the fans / members of the WST has become fragmented. We believe that if we do not address multiple issues and areas of concern, the disparity between fans and those in charge of our club will continue to grow. We are not proposing ourselves as suitable replacements for current board members, nor are we making suggestions of specific individuals as suitable candidates to take up key board positions within Trust or Club boards. We are attempting to invoke a democratic process and reasoned discussion regarding the future of our football club. Not My Wrexham, rather Our Wrexham.

[B]The agenda[/B]

Again, to clarify our position, we have reasonable topics of discussion – but the first hurdle, as set out by the WST process is to garner the support for a meeting. Assuming we can make the meeting happen, the high level discussion points that we wish to address are detailed below:

• Address lack of full-time personnel and positions directly supporting the first team management. The long-term aim is to protect Wrexham AFC’s status as a full-time professional football club
• Seek organisational change at boardroom level due to the dissatisfaction amongst a population of the membership. We are not suggesting a complete replacement of board members, which we feel would be unreasonable and irresponsible. Maintaining stability through any period of change is essential
• Enact positive change to the procedures intended to hold directors accountable
• Request that appointments made to replace any outgoing board members are managed by the WST board, and that the skills gap within the area of football operations is addressed via the identification and appointment of a candidate with the pre-requisite skills and experience such as a director of football
• Place the role of WST chair under review, giving this role the remit to hold directors and board members accountable. Implement a time limitation on this role, and make it a directly elected role

This is not an exhaustive agenda, and in the interest of inclusivity, we welcome suggestions from voting members for agenda items, if you do wish to provide suggestions please email to [email]wstegm@outlook.com[/email] when providing your membership details. As already stated, we do not have a personal agenda, and are not representing any organisation or party, just a concerned group of loyal fans willing to try and enact a positive change.

louisleftboot 2nd October 2019 14.13:23

Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

[QUOTE=EGM 2019;2302446]

[B]Who are we?[/B]

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/theater/1991/holo_darth_sidious.jpg[/IMG]

NottsRed 2nd October 2019 14.26:41

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2302447][IMG]http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/theater/1991/holo_darth_sidious.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I find your lack of faith in the board disturbing.

LlayDragon 2nd October 2019 14.39:54

They have felt my presence?

Vorporix 2nd October 2019 15.20:59

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2302456]They have felt my presence?[/QUOTE]

Yes - I saw the Luke on their faces!

-luke 2nd October 2019 15.31:22

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2302463]Yes - I saw the Luke on their faces![/QUOTE]

No you didnt...

Vorporix 2nd October 2019 15.34:08

[QUOTE=-luke;2302466]No you didnt...[/QUOTE]

True - I read about it on wookieleaks.....

jacthelad 2nd October 2019 16.44:48

Has the facebook page gone. Got added to one the other day but cant find it now. Get emailing people
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Dragon Froomie 2nd October 2019 16.56:38

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2302467]True - I read about it on wookieleaks.....[/QUOTE]

I like where this is going

marathonplny 2nd October 2019 17.02:10

This has prompted me to send in my details

Done

Good luck , great initiative and very thought provoking

COYR

-luke 2nd October 2019 17.03:25

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2302485]Has the facebook page gone. Got added to one the other day but cant find it now. Get emailing people
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Got instantly reported by someone for some reason... Wonder why

Haruki 2nd October 2019 17.11:07

[QUOTE=-luke;2302488]Got instantly reported by someone for some reason... Wonder why[/QUOTE]

That is disappointing. Those who don’t agree can simply not add their details now and if it does go to a vote can stand against it but at the moment some individuals seem to simply be de-railing democracy

jacthelad 2nd October 2019 18.00:57

[QUOTE=-luke;2302488]Got instantly reported by someone for some reason... Wonder why[/QUOTE]

Ffs
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 2nd October 2019 18.07:03

Still has my support but we need to turn these discussion points into viable motions.

We also need to convince more WST members to sign up.

paddockgraham 2nd October 2019 21.41:30

this is taking longer than Brexit, is Boris behind the mask? or is it just people who never got elected?

Birdy 2nd October 2019 21.56:26

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2302583]this is taking longer than Brexit, is Boris behind the mask? or is it just people who never got elected?[/QUOTE]

How do you figure that Brexit started after 23rd September 2019, 7:19pm?

GarryOggy 2nd October 2019 22.21:54

Fair play have you borrowed Harris's spin doctor to write that?

Rob Edwards 2nd October 2019 22.29:03

This needs to shared,re-tweeted,tagged on Facebook.If certain individuals are going to dirty tricks to obstruct democracy they have something to hide.

Hightown Brymbo Red 3rd October 2019 07.11:59

Are we still a fans owned club?

marathonplny 3rd October 2019 07.34:40

Yes - but only by certain fans it would appear

Get this thread on the back of the leader

Fans request EGM

pagl 3rd October 2019 07.52:39

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2302616]Are we still a fans owned club?[/QUOTE]

No.

LlayDragon 3rd October 2019 07.55:58

Sort of.

The fans finance WST. WST owns the club.

Wreck Sam 3rd October 2019 08.17:38

Owned by a handful of fans who have cemented their position on the board to act without any regard to the wider fan base.

podders 3rd October 2019 09.09:12

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2302522]Still has my support but we need to turn these discussion points into viable motions.

We also need to convince more WST members to sign up.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Prodigal, what is listed is a series of discussion points, which the initial post says is not complete and people can add them too. From reading the policy on calling an EGM doesn't there need to be a list of motions or resolutions to be discussed and voted on?

I also think some people backing this aren't clear on what it is for either. When you see posts from people supporting the EGM saying it's about a vote of no confidence in the board but the agenda given doesn't actually state that - surely some people are going to be disappointed in the outcome.

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd October 2019 11.25:08

[QUOTE=podders;2302645]I agree with you Prodigal, what is listed is a series of discussion points, which the initial post says is not complete and people can add them too. From reading the policy on calling an EGM doesn't there need to be a list of motions or resolutions to be discussed and voted on?

I also think some people backing this aren't clear on what it is for either. When you see posts from people supporting the EGM saying it's about a vote of no confidence in the board but the agenda given doesn't actually state that - surely some people are going to be disappointed in the outcome.[/QUOTE]

I think the EGM will not be called until the required number of 'signatures' are collected AND the final resolution points drafted?

That was my understanding and seems perfectly logical to me. I doubt that the parties behind this will immediately call for the EGM without having the proper and well thought out resolutions in place. They are following the guidelines correctly.

As for someone commenting about the time it is taking, as far as I am aware there is no time limit on it. The only worry with the length of time is that things could get progressively worse in the meantime.

podders 3rd October 2019 11.34:06

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2302675]
As for someone commenting about the time it is taking, as far as I am aware there is no time limit on it. The only worry with the length of time is that things could get progressively worse in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't get through soon enough then maybe these resolutions can be submitted at next years AGM ;)

GarryOggy 3rd October 2019 11.54:38

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2302621]Yes - but only by certain fans it would appear

Get this thread on the back of the leader

Fans request EGM[/QUOTE]

Fans who can't get voted democratically onto the board resort to undemocratic actions. Divide and conquer. What has changed since the AGM? Nothing.

WrexhamO 3rd October 2019 11.56:59

How many signatures still needed?

Phils-an-alki 3rd October 2019 12.00:46

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2302687]Fans who can't get voted democratically onto the board resort to undemocratic actions. Divide and conquer. What has changed since the AGM? Nothing.[/QUOTE]

What on earth are you talking about John?

Jaded 3rd October 2019 12.06:40

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2302687]Fans who can't get voted democratically onto the board resort to undemocratic actions. Divide and conquer. What has changed since the AGM? Nothing.[/QUOTE]

How is trying to get enough people to call an EGM an undemocratic action?

WrexhamO 3rd October 2019 12.17:50

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2302693]What on earth are you talking about John?[/QUOTE]

He's not John either.....

Phils-an-alki 3rd October 2019 13.05:04

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2302699]He's not John either.....[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell these days as he's got so many accounts on here.

louisleftboot 3rd October 2019 14.00:11

Johns, Johns everywhere.

Disagree with anything? You're John Mills.

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd October 2019 14.17:46

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2302713]Hard to tell these days as he's got so many accounts on here.[/QUOTE]

Its got to the point that I am now thinking everyone else on here is John Mills until I know different!

Unless I am John Mills? :D:eek:

Phils-an-alki 3rd October 2019 14.19:45

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2302737]Johns, Johns everywhere.

Disagree with anything? You're John Mills.[/QUOTE]

Disagree? no problem. Spout lies like 'resort to undemocratic actions' when the exact opposite is true then...

By the way I was taking the piss calling him John. I know all John Mills usernames on here.

Prodigal Dragon 3rd October 2019 14.22:57

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2302743]Disagree? no problem. Spout lies like 'resort to undemocratic actions' when the exact opposite is true then...

By the way I was taking the piss calling him John. I know all John Mills usernames on here.[/QUOTE]

I thought folk were only allowed one Username unless authorised by Rob et al.

If John Mills is breaking the rules I see no reason why you cannot out him on here. Maybe Rob can confirm.

louisleftboot 3rd October 2019 14.41:35

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2302743]Disagree? no problem. Spout lies like 'resort to undemocratic actions' when the exact opposite is true then...

By the way I was taking the piss calling him John. I know all John Mills usernames on here.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something John Mills would say.

Wreck Sam 3rd October 2019 14.43:40

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2302745]I thought folk were only allowed one Username unless authorised by Rob et al.

If John Mills is breaking the rules I see no reason why you cannot out him on here. Maybe Rob can confirm.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It would be worse if this John Mills character ever manoeuvred himself to be in a position to have a place on the board though if his actions and posts on here or social media had the effect of dividing the fan base... (rolls eyes)
As a full time club we should be setting higher professional standards that demand our board members are an example of how to unite and take the club forward. Not getting that though it seems. hey ho.

Phils-an-alki 3rd October 2019 14.47:16

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2302753]Sounds like something John Mills would say.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha good one and managed to avoid the point I made about his lies. Ah well. Too cool for you, obviously!

louisleftboot 3rd October 2019 14.59:35

Wait, someone lied on the Internet?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.06:13.