RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Off Field Success story (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114647-off-field-success-story.html)

John Neals Dynasty 5th October 2019 16.45:40

[QUOTE=AndyCobra;2303749]Rome want built in a day. Shite season so far, we all agree. Keep taking your pills and get behind the team.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they started building Rome and a lot or it collapsed after 8yrs.

You keep dreaming that everything behind the scenes is brilliant that's your privilege.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

AndyCobra 5th October 2019 16.46:18

Re: Off Field Success story

Thanks mate. Perspective is great sometimes i agree.

Quay Red 6th October 2019 11.10:15

[QUOTE=billybersham;2303739]If it was not for Wrexham,Ricketts,Keates and Hughes would have had to start there managerial career further down the leagues,it was a case of if you want the wrexham job you work with Darlington and HIS tactics.[/QUOTE]

CD is under the managers control.
He is a strong character and will seek to impose his will but the decisions on tactics, formations and team selection is entirely down to the manager.
BH was offered full time assistance and refused it saying he was happy with the staffing arrangements.
As I said previously, he would live or die by that decision. We know how that ended up.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 6th October 2019 11.26:19

So, a totally rookie manager tuned down the offer of a full time assistant
That should of got some warning signs flashing.

Board should of insisted he had full time help

crazywelsh 6th October 2019 11.28:04

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2302733]Nice to see an objective rather than derisory response.
Year on year pitch repair is now our responsibility. Dug outs now meet the international standards with the technical areas etc.
With reference to your last point I am in agreement and would love to see us invest more in the youth teams.
The current situation is however not entirely of our own making (Unless you count lack of promotion as our own fault)as we no longer benefit from the EFL status for our academy and have to sign the lads on as scholars.
The EFL and premier league clubs can poach players from non league at will.

I don't believe that we couldn't find anyone to do the work of the current board but the cost may be something we are unwilling to take on board at the expense of funding the team.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think you understand that we could find someone by putting the club up for sale.

Quay Red 6th October 2019 11.30:34

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2304008]So, a totally rookie manager tuned down the offer of a full time assistant
That should of got some warning signs flashing.

Board should of insisted he had full time help[/QUOTE]
Result would have been different but more awkward.
Impose a coach on the manager, the manager quits. Costs less but adds complications.
Do you then appoint the new coach you've imposed on the manager as boss or bring a new manager in who wants his own coach?
all gets a bit daft.

Answer Release 6th October 2019 11.35:26

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2304010]Result would have been different but more awkward.
Impose a coach on the manager, the manager quits. Costs less but adds complications.
Do you then appoint the new coach you've imposed on the manager as boss or bring a new manager in who wants his own coach?
all gets a bit daft.[/QUOTE]

Impose a coach on a manager is exactly what they done on recent appointments! Darlington is on a good screw here, the board don’t want to pay him off before his contract is up next year. Another’s bonkers decision.

Quay Red 6th October 2019 11.50:30

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2304012]Impose a coach on a manager is exactly what they done on recent appointments! Darlington is on a good screw here, the board don’t want to pay him off before his contract is up next year. Another’s bonkers decision.[/QUOTE]

If Hughes hadn't wanted CD then he would have been paid off. Not sure how a 1 / 2 day a week contract works but hardly exorbitant to pay off.
Same will apply to the new manager, he'll be able to request his own staff.

RED2309 6th October 2019 12.20:29

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2304015]If Hughes hadn't wanted CD then he would have been paid off. Not sure how a 1 / 2 day a week contract works but hardly exorbitant to pay off.
Same will apply to the new manager, he'll be able to request his own staff.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct but this doesn't fit with the conspiracy theories.:coolgleamA:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.44:32.