RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Off Field Success story (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114647-off-field-success-story.html)

John Neals Dynasty 3rd October 2019 13.20:41

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2302716]When I've got a few minutes I'll write you a list of all their failings, it'll be longer than your list that is for sure! Whist I don't dispute improvement in some areas, there's an awful lot going wrong.[/QUOTE]

QR Is closer to our board than he let's on he knows to much and always defends them whatever any comments concerning the club are.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 3rd October 2019 13.21:17

Re: Off Field Success story

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2302706]You must be going around with your eyes closed.
New club shop. Improved and expanded Hospitality.
Better take up on advertising. Promotion and use of the 'course as a venue for meetings, parties etc.
Reduction in operating losses from £750k a year when the trust took over to around £100k which is covered by the WST
On going ground improvements, Drainage, Pitch improvements. Floodlight maintenance. Ticketing. Reduction in freebees.
Improved catering - still more work to do on concourse bars.
Long term. Lease of facility for £100k / annum.
Stand sponsorships.
Moves towards creating a new training facility to replace Colliers / 9 Acre.
Kop redevelopment.
I'm sure there's a lot more but I've listed those that immediately come to mind.[/QUOTE]

Improvement in catering? That's total bollocks for a start.
The food is still garbage and vastly over priced. Chocolate bars, crisps, drinks still a rip off. Not to mention the ugly 'hot food' that's peddaled. Its the same as before the WST took over. Which means these fans who run the club are happy to rip fellow fans off with overpriced 'food' you shouldn't give to a dog.

Kop redevelopment - :crampe: What's the latest from the site manager?

Ground improvements - you must have missed the shitty toilets no running water etc etc that was highlighted a few weeks ago. Highly convenient but not surprising.

I knew as soon as I saw this thread a WST pyjama wearer would be on pronto to try and dress things up.

How's the football going lads?

"Doesn't matter, we got pitch drainage, a new stand due in 2059, a training field to follow shortly in 2090 and more money coming in that we ensure is wasted each season by paying off multiple managers".

John Neals Dynasty 3rd October 2019 13.27:09

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2302719]Improvement in catering? That's total bollocks for a start.
The food is still garbage and vastly over priced. Chocolate bars, crisps, drinks still a rip off. Not to mention the ugly 'hot food' that's peddaled. Its the same as before the WST took over. Which means these fans who run the club are happy to rip fellow fans off with overpriced 'food' you shouldn't give to a dog.

Kop redevelopment - :crampe: What's the latest from the site manager?

Ground improvements - you must have missed the shitty toilets no running water etc etc that was highlighted a few weeks ago. Highly convenient but not surprising.

I knew as soon as I saw this thread a WST pyjama wearer would be on pronto to try and dress things up.

How's the football going lads?

"Doesn't matter, we got pitch drainage, a new stand due in 2059, a training field to follow shortly in 2090 and more money coming in that we ensure is wasted each season by paying off multiple managers".[/QUOTE]

Yes Phil that's pretty spot on the food and drink prices are high and I avoid using them now, the toilets are disgusting is the site manager a paid position? If so he wants his arse kicking sitting on broken seats deep in water in the Techend Glyndwr are laughing their socks off at us, they got us to rent a moneypit.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

BillEBadass 3rd October 2019 13.35:41

Wrexham Disabled Supporters Association, run entirely by volunteers and not always with the full support of the Club, have offered an improved matchday experience for many of our friends with a whole range of disabilities/difficulties.

The 'can do', positive approach to problems brings great respect from other Clubs and thanks from our own Reds. Okay it's not going to bring us promotion but when that eventually does happen a lot more Reds with disabilities will be part of it due the dedication of the DSA.

-luke 3rd October 2019 13.43:25

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2302706]You must be going around with your eyes closed.
New club shop. Improved and expanded Hospitality
Better take up on advertising. Promotion and use of the 'course as a venue for meetings, parties etc.
Reduction in operating losses from £750k a year when the trust took over to around £100k which is covered by the WST
On going ground improvements, Drainage, Pitch improvements. Floodlight maintenance. Ticketing. Reduction in freebees.
Improved catering - still more work to do on concourse bars.
Long term. Lease of facility for £100k / annum.
Stand sponsorships.
Moves towards creating a new training facility to replace Colliers / 9 Acre.
Kop redevelopment.
I'm sure there's a lot more but I've listed those that immediately come to mind.[/QUOTE]

Club shop... Nice and tidy, but i would be interested in seeing the increase in sales as a direct result of this? I would argue they would be largely the same before and after the shop refit.

Better take up on advertising...yep sure, the least i expect from a club with a commercial manager in place. Also i believe some boards left in place and not resold when sponsorship pulled by some sponsors at various points.

Reduction in operating costs is comparing apples and oranges to me. Under previous owners spending had skyrocketed. Im not knocking the reduction, I am saying that any shrewd ops manager or business manager would be able to apply lean thinking to remove waste spends

Pitch improvements covered by university werent they? Dugouts... Totally pointless. Ticketing system had to be done... Reduction in freebies? Elaborate on this one? Id expect us not to be handing out freebies as you put it, its just common sense

Stand sponsorships...cant argue with that one. Wonder what revenue they bring in though.

Catering is still pish I am afraid. You obviously say there is still work to be done and be good to see this come into fruition, but matchday experience is mostly a negative one imo. Fylde have the single best matchday experience I have ever had out of premier league of course and we have the facilities and space to emulate what they do.

Lease of facility... Cant argue, i also cant imagine glyndwr were desperate to continue meeting the cost of running the ground once it was largely surplus to requirements. The deal suited us, but we didnt hold any of the cards.

Kop and training ground...please. Use these when it happens. Council is skint, in order to deliver on either of these things investment is required.

I think that the biggest actual achievement is cutting op costs. The others are all pretty much low hanging fruit. What amazes me is the view that nobody else can do what the current board are doing...i think additionally the degredation of youth development is a strategic own goal as we have essentially turned off a potentially significant revenue stream.

chef1 3rd October 2019 13.48:42

The windfalls we have had have masked the incompetence of the board . The most important thing is football and they put that way down the importance list. The proof is about 3 thousand fans bothered last week they need to entice those others back sharpish or we are in deep trouble . While remaining fan owned is number 1 ideology with Harris and jones we are doomed because the fan base is now seriously split

pwynnej 3rd October 2019 13.53:35

Success is defined by what goes on on the pitch. Failure in our primary objective will be, failure.

It's like saying 'nice mount' when you can see the photo/picture that is mounted is rubbish.

Quay Red 3rd October 2019 13.55:00

[QUOTE=-luke;2302727]Club shop... Nice and tidy, but i would be interested in seeing the increase in sales as a direct result of this? I would argue they would be largely the same before and after the shop refit.

Better take up on advertising...yep sure, the least i expect from a club with a commercial manager in place. Also i believe some boards left in place and not resold when sponsorship pulled by some sponsors at various points.

Reduction in operating costs is comparing apples and oranges to me. Under previous owners spending had skyrocketed. Im not knocking the reduction, I am saying that any shrewd ops manager or business manager would be able to apply lean thinking to remove waste spends

Pitch improvements covered by university werent they? Dugouts... Totally pointless. Ticketing system had to be done... Reduction in freebies? Elaborate on this one? Id expect us not to be handing out freebies as you put it, its just common sense

Stand sponsorships...cant argue with that one. Wonder what revenue they bring in though.

Catering is still pish I am afraid. You obviously say there is still work to be done and be good to see this come into fruition, but matchday experience is mostly a negative one imo. Fylde have the single best matchday experience I have ever had out of premier league of course and we have the facilities and space to emulate what they do.

Lease of facility... Cant argue, i also cant imagine glyndwr were desperate to continue meeting the cost of running the ground once it was largely surplus to requirements. The deal suited us, but we didnt hold any of the cards.

Kop and training ground...please. Use these when it happens. Council is skint, in order to deliver on either of these things investment is required.

I think that the biggest actual achievement is cutting op costs. The others are all pretty much low hanging fruit. What amazes me is the view that nobody else can do what the current board are doing...i think additionally the degredation of youth development is a strategic own goal as we have essentially turned off a potentially significant revenue stream.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see an objective rather than derisory response.
Year on year pitch repair is now our responsibility. Dug outs now meet the international standards with the technical areas etc.
With reference to your last point I am in agreement and would love to see us invest more in the youth teams.
The current situation is however not entirely of our own making (Unless you count lack of promotion as our own fault)as we no longer benefit from the EFL status for our academy and have to sign the lads on as scholars.
The EFL and premier league clubs can poach players from non league at will.

I don't believe that we couldn't find anyone to do the work of the current board but the cost may be something we are unwilling to take on board at the expense of funding the team.

Phils-an-alki 3rd October 2019 14.03:58

Why would you use the Kop and training ground as examples? Smacks of being desperate to bulk out a list that's highly debatable.

The Kop has been derelict for years and we've had zero information as to what's going on with it, which tells me absolutely nothing is. Although you never know with this board as they like to keep things secret from your common fans.

Training ground. We don't have one and are currently using a shitty old school field which has less facilities than an actual school field. This after the 'return to our spiritual home' spin. Another disaster topic best not mentioned if you're trying to dress things up.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.06:08.