RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Off Field Success story (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114647-off-field-success-story.html)

joe 3rd October 2019 14.15:03

Re: Off Field Success story

We can joke about the size of our floodlights.

billybersham 3rd October 2019 14.19:36

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2302712]When the Trust took over the club lost money on every meal it sold in hospitality. Just think about that. The business was a basket case and the owners just blew our assets with abandon and lost our training facilities.

Massive improvements at the club. A club on a firm foundation, a club able to move up the leagues.

I completely agree with the 'its on the field that counts' in one way but successful clubs do it all well./

We must improve on the pitch to supplement the great works off it and having a DoF is the way to try and achieve that as we are failing in that area.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was a basket case but it was run that way for a reason,dickens ,moss roberts made millions,it is made out these guys are bad business men but they just finished off the work of Gutterman,Hamilton.

Wxm boy 3rd October 2019 14.22:10

International standard dug outs, when the rest of the ground is derelict or in disrepair.

Nobody's mentioned flames painted in the tunnel??!

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd October 2019 14.24:54

Agreed. I would argue that Moss, Dickens et all are very good businessmen.
Certainly got a good deal out of this club.

pagl 3rd October 2019 14.37:02

Any off the field success is directly related to on the field success.
If we start to fail on field then everything will spiral downwards.

The Commercial manager has improved his side but there are still many improvements to be made as identified.

The Only Way Is Up 3rd October 2019 15.23:04

If there was no success off the field - and the biggest of those is undoubtedly running the club on the sound basis of affordability, there would be no money available to pay the players and staff who you are demanding must perform on the field.

When you go to the sweetie shop, you must know that you have to pay for what you want. Or didn't mummy tell you that before you started bawling your eyes out?

Inside Left 3rd October 2019 15.25:41

[QUOTE=-luke;2302727]Club shop... Nice and tidy, but i would be interested in seeing the increase in sales as a direct result of this? I would argue they would be largely the same before and after the shop refit.

Better take up on advertising...yep sure, the least i expect from a club with a commercial manager in place. Also i believe some boards left in place and not resold when sponsorship pulled by some sponsors at various points.

Reduction in operating costs is comparing apples and oranges to me. Under previous owners spending had skyrocketed. Im not knocking the reduction, I am saying that any shrewd ops manager or business manager would be able to apply lean thinking to remove waste spends

Pitch improvements covered by university werent they? Dugouts... Totally pointless. Ticketing system had to be done... Reduction in freebies? Elaborate on this one? Id expect us not to be handing out freebies as you put it, its just common sense

Stand sponsorships...cant argue with that one. Wonder what revenue they bring in though.

Catering is still pish I am afraid. You obviously say there is still work to be done and be good to see this come into fruition, but matchday experience is mostly a negative one imo. Fylde have the single best matchday experience I have ever had out of premier league of course and we have the facilities and space to emulate what they do.

Lease of facility... Cant argue, i also cant imagine glyndwr were desperate to continue meeting the cost of running the ground once it was largely surplus to requirements. The deal suited us, but we didnt hold any of the cards.

Kop and training ground...please. Use these when it happens. Council is skint, in order to deliver on either of these things investment is required.

I think that the biggest actual achievement is cutting op costs. The others are all pretty much low hanging fruit. What amazes me is the view that nobody else can do what the current board are doing...i think additionally the degredation of youth development is a strategic own goal as we have essentially turned off a potentially significant revenue stream.[/QUOTE]

I would say it is difficult to assess the lease of facility as you call it. I believe only the two boards WST and Football together with a Midlands solicitor will know the details outside the headline of the deal. Time will tell if it is good for the club or Uni.

krux 3rd October 2019 15.31:27

There is no off field success story, unless 'still in business' is a success story.

The only off field success story will be when we do the deal to secure enough funding to get us promoted on the field.

Woody 3rd October 2019 16.15:53

Off field success would be generating enough income to give us the finances to employ a team capable of promotion into the football league

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.43:36.