Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd October 2019, 14.15:03   #28-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Off Field Success story

We can joke about the size of our floodlights.
Old 3rd October 2019, 14.19:36   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
When the Trust took over the club lost money on every meal it sold in hospitality. Just think about that. The business was a basket case and the owners just blew our assets with abandon and lost our training facilities.

Massive improvements at the club. A club on a firm foundation, a club able to move up the leagues.

I completely agree with the 'its on the field that counts' in one way but successful clubs do it all well./

We must improve on the pitch to supplement the great works off it and having a DoF is the way to try and achieve that as we are failing in that area.
Yes it was a basket case but it was run that way for a reason,dickens ,moss roberts made millions,it is made out these guys are bad business men but they just finished off the work of Gutterman,Hamilton.
Old 3rd October 2019, 14.22:10   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

International standard dug outs, when the rest of the ground is derelict or in disrepair.

Nobody's mentioned flames painted in the tunnel??!
Old 3rd October 2019, 14.24:54   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Agreed. I would argue that Moss, Dickens et all are very good businessmen.
Certainly got a good deal out of this club.
Old 3rd October 2019, 14.37:02   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Any off the field success is directly related to on the field success.
If we start to fail on field then everything will spiral downwards.

The Commercial manager has improved his side but there are still many improvements to be made as identified.
Old 3rd October 2019, 15.23:04   #33-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

If there was no success off the field - and the biggest of those is undoubtedly running the club on the sound basis of affordability, there would be no money available to pay the players and staff who you are demanding must perform on the field.

When you go to the sweetie shop, you must know that you have to pay for what you want. Or didn't mummy tell you that before you started bawling your eyes out?
Old 3rd October 2019, 15.25:41   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Club shop... Nice and tidy, but i would be interested in seeing the increase in sales as a direct result of this? I would argue they would be largely the same before and after the shop refit.

Better take up on advertising...yep sure, the least i expect from a club with a commercial manager in place. Also i believe some boards left in place and not resold when sponsorship pulled by some sponsors at various points.

Reduction in operating costs is comparing apples and oranges to me. Under previous owners spending had skyrocketed. Im not knocking the reduction, I am saying that any shrewd ops manager or business manager would be able to apply lean thinking to remove waste spends

Pitch improvements covered by university werent they? Dugouts... Totally pointless. Ticketing system had to be done... Reduction in freebies? Elaborate on this one? Id expect us not to be handing out freebies as you put it, its just common sense

Stand sponsorships...cant argue with that one. Wonder what revenue they bring in though.

Catering is still pish I am afraid. You obviously say there is still work to be done and be good to see this come into fruition, but matchday experience is mostly a negative one imo. Fylde have the single best matchday experience I have ever had out of premier league of course and we have the facilities and space to emulate what they do.

Lease of facility... Cant argue, i also cant imagine glyndwr were desperate to continue meeting the cost of running the ground once it was largely surplus to requirements. The deal suited us, but we didnt hold any of the cards.

Kop and training ground...please. Use these when it happens. Council is skint, in order to deliver on either of these things investment is required.

I think that the biggest actual achievement is cutting op costs. The others are all pretty much low hanging fruit. What amazes me is the view that nobody else can do what the current board are doing...i think additionally the degredation of youth development is a strategic own goal as we have essentially turned off a potentially significant revenue stream.
I would say it is difficult to assess the lease of facility as you call it. I believe only the two boards WST and Football together with a Midlands solicitor will know the details outside the headline of the deal. Time will tell if it is good for the club or Uni.
Old 3rd October 2019, 15.31:27   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

There is no off field success story, unless 'still in business' is a success story.

The only off field success story will be when we do the deal to secure enough funding to get us promoted on the field.
Old 3rd October 2019, 16.15:53   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Off field success would be generating enough income to give us the finances to employ a team capable of promotion into the football league
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.07:37.