Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd October 2019, 16.22:33   #37-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Off Field Success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
You must be going around with your eyes closed.
New club shop. Improved and expanded Hospitality.
Better take up on advertising. Promotion and use of the 'course as a venue for meetings, parties etc.
Reduction in operating losses from £750k a year when the trust took over to around £100k which is covered by the WST
On going ground improvements, Drainage, Pitch improvements. Floodlight maintenance. Ticketing. Reduction in freebees.
Improved catering - still more work to do on concourse bars.
Long term. Lease of facility for £100k / annum.
Stand sponsorships.
Moves towards creating a new training facility to replace Colliers / 9 Acre.
Kop redevelopment.
I'm sure there's a lot more but I've listed those that immediately come to mind.
How much of the ground improvements were paid for by the club? Not as much as you suggest as a lot of that funding came from donations from the WSA, who collected that money from the fans via fundraising.
Old 3rd October 2019, 16.46:12   #38-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

TOWIU,
Not sure if your post is just general or directed at someone .

It’s basically a catch 22 situation. Reduced revenue means reduced budget and likewise reduced budget will mean reduced revenue.
Our problem is that we only have fans money to improve our position.

We now appear to have lost the momentum of our 5,000 crowds so it’s revenue that will be hit first. How can we improve budget instead?
Old 3rd October 2019, 16.54:35   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
Wrexham Disabled Supporters Association, run entirely by volunteers and not always with the full support of the Club, have offered an improved matchday experience for many of our friends with a whole range of disabilities/difficulties.

The 'can do', positive approach to problems brings great respect from other Clubs and thanks from our own Reds. Okay it's not going to bring us promotion but when that eventually does happen a lot more Reds with disabilities will be part of it due the dedication of the DSA.
Thanks for this. I was thinking of raising the DSA myself earlier today. The excellence of the DSA operations and subsequent achievements are the one thing that surely all of us can agree on. Well done!!!
Reading some of the claims on this thread it is interesting to compare those claims with a list I posted on RP some weeks ago. I again re-stated that in my view the club is nor so well run off the field as is often claimed.
Only the WST, in particular the key WST officers, have the power to improve our situation both on and off the field. Certainly, in the short to medium run the WST is the only game in town, like it or not. Whether or not they have the capability is not so clear.
The current incumbents need to shape up or ship out immediately. Time is not on our side. In my view resignations are an honourable way forward, if they feel they have done all they can, as well as being less messy and enabling a change in direction with a goodly portion of new blood mixing with the old.
The club ownership is stitched up very well by following the Supporters Direct guidelines. The original intent was sound, to ensure that unscrupulous private interests could not “get at” the club and / or assets. In that respect it is a most effective bit of work.
So effective it also makes it most cumbersome and difficult for the supporters themselves to drive change in circumstances such as we now find we are in. In my view this is contrary to the spirit of the original “sell” to the supporters, the equivalent of an own goal.
The result is we have a fan owned club where, in practical terms, the fans have become frustrated at the inability of the average supporter views to count for anything. Transparency? Sustainability? You own the club (but can do bugger all about the way it is run unless you want to burn a lot of time and / or money and probably have an MBA from Harvard)
The situation now is that confidence in the owners is at an all time low.
Things need to change. I have my views like everyone else but the first requirement is for leadership to consult, listen and act to ascertain properly the majority view.
Done properly a lot of red tape, resolutions and antagonism can be circumvented.
Show us some leadership or stand aside for more capable people.
I do not believe a wholesale clear out of the board is sensible but in any faltering organization the buck stops at the top.
My opinion for what it is worth is that a new chairman elected by fans vote is the first step towards a change for the better unless signs of a more engaging approach with fans is seen to happening within days.
Old 3rd October 2019, 17.05:39   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH77 View Post
How much of the ground improvements were paid for by the club? Not as much as you suggest as a lot of that funding came from donations from the WSA, who collected that money from the fans via fundraising.
The WSA should pay for the bulbs in the floodlights, after all it is the WSA who funded the floodlights back in 1957 Send them the bill is what I say !!!!
Old 3rd October 2019, 17.36:38   #41-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

But were not fan owned. It’s just an annual membership system.
Old 3rd October 2019, 18.01:43   #42-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
But were not fan owned. It’s just an annual membership system.
So why did I and many others buy shares then and I became a WST life member ?
Old 3rd October 2019, 18.02:45   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
The WSA should pay for the bulbs in the floodlights, after all it is the WSA who funded the floodlights back in 1957 Send them the bill is what I say !!!!
They did give money recently to the club for replacement bulbs. You would have to ask the club what they actually spent the money on.
Old 3rd October 2019, 18.27:26   #44-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

So if all is well off the field then why is it we have the dross on the field? Surely we should be able to attract better players and management.
Old 3rd October 2019, 18.32:21   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Off field success would be generating enough income to give us the finances to employ a team capable of promotion into the football league
This is the decisive point. The main role of off field activities is to fund successful on field activities - ie to raise enough revenue to fund a team capable of winning promotion. The WST have not done that yet, nor do they look like doing it. This is why we need external investment. The money the WST are generating is insufficient to fund a team capable of winning promotion.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.22:50.