Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th October 2019, 15.57:23   #91-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: CONFIRMED: Keates appointed

The only job keates and Andy Davies would get in professional football is at Wrexham. That says it all
Old 6th October 2019, 15.57:59   #92-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Another Darlington appointment and he lives to fight yet another day.

I’m done with it. Been going since the early 90’s and won’t be going again until things change at this club, specifically the ownership. Not getting a penny more from me.
Are you going to stop moaning on here aswell?

Joke by the way FOG.
Old 6th October 2019, 15.58:56   #93-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Pearson wanted him he had his say. The board wanted him he wont ruffle their feathers like mills did. Id love to know who the other applicants are.
Old 6th October 2019, 15.59:49   #94-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Will be genuinely interesting to see the effect on crowds.

It’s probably about half and half on here anti v pro/ok with it but I would say that proportion will be different in the wider fan base. We might be a couple of hundred down at most I reckon
Posted via mobile theme
Old 6th October 2019, 16.01:28   #95-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Default Re: Keates appointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
We called for someone with football knowledge to help make the decision, and Dixie McNeil was that man. The re-appointment of Dean Keates leaves me feeling quite ambivalent: he has plusses and minuses as both a manager and individual. If he was the 'stand-out' candidate then I presume we had few, truly worthy applicants.

In some ways I can respect the Board's decision to stick to their guns with Keates' appointment, despite all the negative comments on here. However, having made that contentious decision, they must now back him with more resources to improve the squad. We are still perilously close to the relegation zone, so must begin easing away immediately. With 2 home games we have the chance to do so. Both Keates and the players must deliver, otherwise the Board will rightly be bombarded by criticism for re-appointing him.

What should our goals be for the rest of the season? I think it unlikely we could ever win the league after such an awful start but, equally, with 31 games still to play, there is scope to get into the POs. That will require us to string a lengthy, winning run together, which admittedly seems implausible, but certainly not impossible. We could also do with an FA Cup run to bring in some much needed revenue to cover the lost gate revenue we are likely to face.

At least the Board has moderated its enthusiasm for lengthy contracts. Keates has this season to do the best possible, but we must be fully prepared for next season, when promotion must be achieved. The demise of the WST's hold on Wrexham AFC has been put on hold whilst we see if Keates can perform miracles; however, it has not been remedied until we see concrete evidence of an improvement after the Barrow and Hughes debacles. I fear that our current players lack the necessary quality, but they now have an opportunity to prove we fans wrong.

The ball is now well and truly in the Board's and manager's courts. There can be no more excuses or faffing. This is their final chance to get it right. They must either produce the goods or leave.

I look forward to seeing a win against Harrogate on Tuesday.
Well we won’t be there.
We will be lucky to get over 3000 ,but of course we will show in the figures attending as we are season ticket holders.
Old 6th October 2019, 16.01:46   #96-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Lets be clear here: We're a complete joke of a club now and everyone's laughing at us. We have no pride at all.
Old 6th October 2019, 16.02:20   #97-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

The first one to say it? I am happy with Keates back.
Old 6th October 2019, 16.02:26   #98-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

So has Darlington kept his job? Who will be Keates’s assistant?
Old 6th October 2019, 16.03:11   #99-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Lets be clear here: We're a complete joke of a club now and everyone's laughing at us. We have no pride at all.
I can understand the sentiment but think as usual for you that’s massively overstating it. I imagine fans of other clubs either don’t feel anything or probably think it’s a sensible appointment based on his previous record.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t have preferred someone new the fan base could unite behind but equally I don’t think this is the death knell for the entire club.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.58:23.