Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th October 2019, 12.19:13   #82-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea
Twitter: @

Default Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Possibly. I personally can’t see why something would have come up meaning they couldn’t send the email earlier in the week rather than at 5pm the day before a response was needed at noon.
...or pick up the phone...!
Old 7th October 2019, 12.22:00   #83-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Default Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
...or pick up the phone...!
This. Just bloody talk to each other! FFS!
Old 7th October 2019, 12.35:17   #84-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
And the DSA too of course who said they were going on strike, then didn't.

Every thread seems to be used to kick the board, but no one comes up with workable alternatives.
Hopefully this is resolved soon and both parties can again be proud of the progress being made.
I have a workable alternative... It involves spencer and john stepping down and the wst board identifying suitable replacements whether on a paid or voluntary basis.

Bad leadership is the cause of the issues we are seeing on a regular basis now.

Continue to defend your pals of course, in fact kudos to you for doing so. But leadership involves taking responsibility when needed and not just credit.
Old 7th October 2019, 12.40:30   #85-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
It may have been dictated by the time required to set up alternative arrangements, but I'm not defending either side in an issue which seems to have been handled very badly.
The upcoming game perhaps. But the entire rest of the season? Did the club need to sign a contract for the stewarding for the entire season by 12pm the next day? I suspect we know the answer to that. It sounds very vindictive.

I’ve also supported the board for a long time on here but struggling to at the moment.
Old 7th October 2019, 12.41:47   #86-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytactics View Post
I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
The DSA successes by the way have included:
Initiating monthly dementia friendly meetings.
Initiating autism friendly match days.
Manning disabled car parking spaces on match days.
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Manning and organising the rota for the wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Initiating the ADC scheme for partially sighted fans.
Fund raising for the provision of a second wheelchair viewing platform.
Payment for the provision of architectural work and advice for the above.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary
Very sad to see. All duties that the club will now need to pay for or, I suspect in many cases, fall away.

The club really are not seeing the wood through the trees here.
Old 7th October 2019, 12.45:37   #87-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamandy View Post
Very sad to see. All duties that the club will now need to pay for or, I suspect in many cases, fall away.

The club really are not seeing the wood through the trees here.
Is this a particular board member being heavy handed or is it collective thinking ? It does seem to be a case of appalling personnel management whatever has driven this mess.
Old 7th October 2019, 12.48:18   #88-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Its been done out of spite because the DSA don't give the club and WST boards a free ride like some 'fans' do. So they wanted them out of the way. You don't get stuff like that from Andy Pierce without very good reason.

This is another nail in the club boards coffin. They are digging huge holes for themselves which they cannot get out of. There's only one way this is heading before things come to a head. It'll get to a point where they won't be able to come to games on police advice.
Expect more protests and it would not surprise me one bit if individual fans who they see as 'trouble makers' were targeted too.
Old 7th October 2019, 13.24:57   #89-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytactics View Post
I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
The DSA successes by the way have included:
Initiating monthly dementia friendly meetings.
Initiating autism friendly match days.
Manning disabled car parking spaces on match days.
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Manning and organising the rota for the wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Initiating the ADC scheme for partially sighted fans.
Fund raising for the provision of a second wheelchair viewing platform.
Payment for the provision of architectural work and advice for the above.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary
Thank you Terry , both for your efforts and that summary. It's a sorry tale but one I can't say , in all honesty , that I didn't see coming. Witnessed events , and heard comments , which led me to believe the DSA wasn't as respected, or as highly regarded, at the highest level of our club as it is by ordinary fans. Suspect , if the truth be known , that applies to other connected groups also. Very sad and ultimately highly destructive.
Old 7th October 2019, 13.37:05   #90-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Thank you Terry , both for your efforts and that summary. It's a sorry tale but one I can't say , in all honesty , that I didn't see coming. Witnessed events , and heard comments , which led me to believe the DSA wasn't as respected, or as highly regarded, at the highest level of our club as it is by ordinary fans. Suspect , if the truth be known , that applies to other connected groups also. Very sad and ultimately highly destructive.
Ultimately the divide and rule tactics are highly destructive for all involved. I really did hope for so much more from the WST stewardship on our behalf. It is sad when those who have found themselves in a position of privilege choose to direct the club in such a divisive way. It really does seem to be a campaign of closing ranks and excluding any voices airing concerns. I fear for those who would choose to protest against such harmful decision making as the us and them is perpetuated by the self preservation mentality.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.18:49.