RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

Vambo 7th October 2019 08.14:31

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=fezbob;2304718]Why not on a match day? Lest we forget the various non-football related visitors who are accommodated.

The club could have de-escalated this situation last night by releasing a brief statement saying it understands the upset about this situation and will look to meet to resolve the issue ASAP. Instead we get the usual info wars.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I don't know, but your statement was either misleading or just plain wrong.

fezbob 7th October 2019 08.15:49

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304724]I don't know, but your statement was either misleading or just plain wrong.[/QUOTE]

That makes me and the club then eh? No strike and no list of names withheld.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

jacthelad 7th October 2019 08.19:28

[QUOTE=fezbob;2304725]That makes me and the club then eh? No strike and no list of names withheld.

If you'd keep quiet about that though. That'd be greeeeeeat

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 08.27:53

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304724]I don't know, but your statement was either misleading or just plain wrong.[/QUOTE]

Desperate. Again.

Vambo 7th October 2019 08.28:01

[QUOTE=fezbob;2304725]That makes me and the club then eh? No strike and no list of names withheld.

And the DSA too of course who said they were going on strike, then didn't.

Every thread seems to be used to kick the board, but no one comes up with workable alternatives.
Hopefully this is resolved soon and both parties can again be proud of the progress being made.

fezbob 7th October 2019 08.31:42

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304731]And the DSA too of course who said they were going on strike, then didn't.

Every thread seems to be used to kick the board, but no one comes up with workable alternatives.
Hopefully this is resolved soon and both parties can again be proud of the progress being made.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, the old 'hope it gets resolved' thrown in at the end to make it seem like you're being reasonable. It could've been resolved at several points prior to this, but the club has made the situation worse by: calling it a non-Wrexham AFC related award, imposing a pointless deadline, deciding getting rid of the DSA altogether was the best option and then putting out a statement with more holes than Swiss cheese.

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 08.34:52

People in charge of the club willing to tell blatant lies about something like this? Wasn't convinced they could stoop any lower but this is a whole new low. The ego's running this club need to be very careful here, they will push fans too far and it'll come back to bite them.

Anyone defending them now is just outing themselves.

Vambo 7th October 2019 08.38:33

[QUOTE=fezbob;2304733]Ahh, the old 'hope it gets resolved' thrown in at the end to make it seem like you're being reasonable. It could've been resolved at several points prior to this, but the club has made the situation worse by: calling it a non-Wrexham AFC related award, imposing a pointless deadline, deciding getting rid of the DSA altogether was the best option and then putting out a statement with more holes than Swiss cheese.

Why does it seem I'm being reasonable, but the club are definitely being unreasonable.

You post about the photo was wrong, it was just ant board spin, is that reasonable?

Vambo 7th October 2019 08.39:56

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2304730]Desperate. Again.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's desperate, but continual anti board spin could lead yo to think that.

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 08.44:12

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304739]I don't think he's desperate, but continual anti board spin could lead yo to think that.[/QUOTE]

Anti board spin? That's hilariously desperate, the evidence against the board is overwhelming and there's a reason most genuine fans are up in arms and it isn't because of spin. Is the league table spin too?
Keep defending your mates while the club is dragged through the mud though, its showing you up for what you are.

jacthelad 7th October 2019 08.46:22

Accusing anyone of spin while this board is in charge is quite frankly laughable

Vambo 7th October 2019 08.55:18

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2304742]Anti board spin? That's hilariously desperate, the evidence against the board is overwhelming and there's a reason most genuine fans are up in arms and it isn't because of spin. Is the league table spin too?
Keep defending your mates while the club is dragged through the mud though, its showing you up for what you are.[/QUOTE]

You need to be clearer.

Inside Left 7th October 2019 09.09:42

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304731]And the DSA too of course who said they were going on strike, then didn't.

Hopefully this is resolved soon and both parties can again be proud of the progress being made.[/QUOTE]

In the clubs statement the word strike is in inverted commas. Strike is a harsh and emotional word possibly used to emphasis a situation. Did the DSA use that very word in their correspondence ?

Vambo 7th October 2019 09.14:38

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2304760]In the clubs statement the word strike is in inverted commas. Strike is a harsh and emotional word possibly used to emphasis a situation. Did the DSA use that very word in their correspondence ?[/QUOTE]

No idea, I used strike because it's common term for withdrawal of labour.

Vorporix 7th October 2019 09.18:48

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304762]No idea, I used strike because it's common term for withdrawal of labour.[/QUOTE]

Strike, collective refusal by employees to work under the conditions required by employers. Strikes arise for a number of reasons, though principally in response to economic conditions (defined as an economic strike and meant to improve wages and benefits) or labour practices (intended to improve work conditions). Other strikes can stem from sympathy with other striking unions or from jurisdictional disputes between two unions. Illegal strikes include sit-down strikes, wildcat strikes, and partial strikes (such as slowdowns or sick-ins). Strikes may also be called for purely political reasons (as in the general strike).

So are they paid employees of the club? If so then strike is fine - if not then presumably strike is a poor choice of words.

Vambo 7th October 2019 09.24:06

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2304766]Strike, collective refusal by employees to work under the conditions required by employers. Strikes arise for a number of reasons, though principally in response to economic conditions (defined as an economic strike and meant to improve wages and benefits) or labour practices (intended to improve work conditions). Other strikes can stem from sympathy with other striking unions or from jurisdictional disputes between two unions. Illegal strikes include sit-down strikes, wildcat strikes, and partial strikes (such as slowdowns or sick-ins). Strikes may also be called for purely political reasons (as in the general strike).

So are they paid employees of the club? If so then strike is fine - if not then presumably strike is a poor choice of words.[/QUOTE]

I apologise for my poor choice of words.

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 09.26:38

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304769]I apologise for my poor choice of words.[/QUOTE]

Just in that post or does the apology cover the last few weeks too?

Vambo 7th October 2019 09.30:05

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2304770]Just in that post or does the apology cover the last few weeks too?[/QUOTE]

Knob

Jaded 7th October 2019 09.56:40

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304710]Yes, by volunteers who have other things to do too.[/QUOTE]

Vambo, do you think a 19 hour deadline was reasonable? Would you expect Wrexham board members to reply to emails within 19 hours?

Vambo 7th October 2019 10.00:44

[QUOTE=Jaded;2304787]Vambo, do you think a 19 hour deadline was reasonable? Would you expect Wrexham board members to reply to emails within 19 hours?[/QUOTE]

It may have been dictated by the time required to set up alternative arrangements, but I'm not defending either side in an issue which seems to have been handled very badly.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 10.17:54

Perhaps this could be merged with the off-field success thread...

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 10.50:22

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304699]Irony[/QUOTE]

Geraint Parry is there as a paid member of staff isn't he?

If lack of time for the volunteers of the board is an issue then the majority of people would probably back employing someone to run the club on a day to day basis rather than paying piss poor players who don't make the match day squad most of the season. Not everything has to be done by volunteers.

It's just another example of poor handling of a situation by the club. I'm not one to rag on them but it's clear they're losing their way.

Vambo 7th October 2019 10.57:13

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2304822]Geraint Parry is there as a paid member of staff isn't he?

If lack of time for the volunteers of the board is an issue then the majority of people would probably back employing someone to run the club on a day to day basis rather than paying piss poor players who don't make the match day squad most of the season. Not everything has to be done by volunteers.

It's just another example of poor handling of a situation by the club. I'm not one to rag on them but it's clear they're losing their way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah of course, GP could have done it in his spare time.

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 11.06:11

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304832]Yeah of course, GP could have done it in his spare time.[/QUOTE]

Or during the working week.

Like I said. Employ someone to run the day to day running of the club to deal with this sort of thing if it's too time consuming as a volunteer.

A full-time, professional football club should not be run on volunteers alone.

michaelps 7th October 2019 11.11:23

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2304838]Or during the working week.

Like I said. Employ someone to run the day to day running of the club to deal with this sort of thing if it's too time consuming as a volunteer.

A full-time, professional football club should not be run on volunteers alone.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, yet another reason, this whole sorry event, why we need at least one professional businessman, full time, independent and an outsider to help the board. I accept that would cost say 50K p.a., maybe just under, maybe just over.

However I rather suspect that is less than the amount we have had to pay off managers and coaches with over the last couple of years given contractual issues and questionable appointments. It is certainly a small sum compared to the monies the club gained when we had a professional full time businessman, i.e. Don Bircham, involved running the club and helping out the board in terms of the sell on fees negotiated for Ward/Taylor/Moult.

It's not can we afford a professional CEO it can we afford not to have one as we lurch from one error to the next losing fans game by game. If the board had the best interests of the club at heart they'd accept they need help. It is the bigger man who admits that rather than who stumbles on totally out of his depth.

Nibs 7th October 2019 11.13:33

Wow just wow. This club could not get any more tinpot if we tried....run by a load of ego driven individuals, who have ideas well above their station.

Sad to see, really is.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 11.16:47

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304773]Knob[/QUOTE]

Anyone who supports this current board are exactly this, bravo

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 11.18:22

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2304848]Anyone who supports this current board are exactly this, bravo[/QUOTE]

He's admitted he's not even a fan. Time to ignore the troll.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 11.20:04

[QUOTE=michaelps;2304841]Exactly, yet another reason, this whole sorry event, why we need at least one professional businessman, full time, independent and an outsider to help the board. I accept that would cost say 50K p.a., maybe just under, maybe just over.

However I rather suspect that is less than the amount we have had to pay off managers and coaches with over the last couple of years given contractual issues and questionable appointments. It is certainly a small sum compared to the monies the club gained when we had a professional full time businessman, i.e. Don Bircham, involved running the club and helping out the board in terms of the sell on fees negotiated for Ward/Taylor/Moult.

It's not can we afford a professional CEO it can we afford not to have one as we lurch from one error to the next losing fans game by game. If the board had the best interests of the club at heart they'd accept they need help. It is the bigger man who admits that rather than who stumbles on totally out of his depth.[/QUOTE]

Nail on head... excellent post. It does seem we have gone backwards since then.

Vambo 7th October 2019 11.35:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2304851]He's admitted he's not even a fan. Time to ignore the troll.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you and Dix 6 posts before you respond, you can't help yourselves, you think it's your board.
You should try another hobby, like maybe attending games.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 11.38:39

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304863]I'll give you and Dix 6 posts before you respond, you can't help yourselves, you think it's your board.
You should try another hobby, like maybe attending games.[/QUOTE]

You're talking to a season ticket holder who goes to away games when I can afford it mate, so don't start that shit again. Stop supporting this current circus for gods sake.

terrytactics 7th October 2019 11.41:43

I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
The DSA successes by the way have included:
Initiating monthly dementia friendly meetings.
Initiating autism friendly match days.
Manning disabled car parking spaces on match days.
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Manning and organising the rota for the wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Initiating the ADC scheme for partially sighted fans.
Fund raising for the provision of a second wheelchair viewing platform.
Payment for the provision of architectural work and advice for the above.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary

Foxy 7th October 2019 11.42:59

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2304690]Part of an email from the club:

"With regards to a presentation on the pitch I have been informed this won't be possible at a cup game, but also due to the fact it isn't a Wrexham AFC club related award I'm afraid."[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember the club allowing the Welsh weightlifter to parade his trophy around the pitch. Perhaps disabled groups from the midlands don’t have the same weight with some on the Board, compared with a triumph which can be linked with their favourite political cause of Welsh nationalism.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 11.43:33

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2304873]I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary[/QUOTE]

Oh dear.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 11.45:22

Not good is it.

fezbob 7th October 2019 11.51:15

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2304873]I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much as damning as it comes from a former WST board member. I'll await the usual suspects to tell me Terry has some kind of sinister agenda - except we're not dealing with property developers any more are we? These are fans and volunteers.

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 11.53:39

*waiting for non fan Vambo to 'balance' the debate after Terry's post...

Hometown Unicorn 7th October 2019 12.02:45

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2304873]

You can still use your WST membership to put your name down for an EGM.

Let's take our club back.

Mr Wonderful 7th October 2019 12.05:42

Up until a few weeks ago I was behind the board, now I wouldn’t trust them with a burnt match to be honest.

Jaded 7th October 2019 12.13:58

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304790]It may have been dictated by the time required to set up alternative arrangements, but I'm not defending either side in an issue which seems to have been handled very badly.[/QUOTE]

Possibly. I personally can’t see why something would have come up meaning they couldn’t send the email earlier in the week rather than at 5pm the day before a response was needed at noon.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.18:58.