RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

Cymro 11th October 2019 17.27:22

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2307008]I smell another porkie pie.[/QUOTE]

The lift has always been unreliable. No more to it than that I'm sure.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 17.30:49

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2307021]One of the reasons given for not extending the existing platform was that the lift was unreliable.
My answer was Get a lift that is.

The existing lift is dated, the supplier has gone out of business and maintenance is a problem due to lack of information and parts. Temporary fixes are just that.

Credit to Phil Salmon and others for doing the work to ensure that it does work most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I find it very hard to believe that just because a lift supplier has gone out of business, a lift they previously installed cannot be maintained. Surely a competent engineer can source replacement parts and fix faults relatively easily?

If the lift had been an issue previously and needs replacing, why hasn’t it been done? This is far more important than go faster strips in the tunnel, floor paint in the Mold road, and new dugouts in the Yale stand. I’m a very firm believer that disabled access to the stadium is just as important as anybody else’s access.

WrexhamO 11th October 2019 17.52:58

Important to remember the lift is not just for 6 wheelchair users per game.
Many of our less ambulant fans (myself included) use it to get to and from our seats, to access the 1864 and also to access executive boxes,. Players families use it when they have young kids in attendance too....

Stickirupum 11th October 2019 18.52:29

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307051]I find it very hard to believe that just because a lift supplier has gone out of business, a lift they previously installed cannot be maintained. Surely a competent engineer can source replacement parts and fix faults relatively easily?

If the lift had been an issue previously and needs replacing, why hasn’t it been done? This is far more important than go faster strips in the tunnel, floor paint in the Mold road, and new dugouts in the Yale stand. I’m a very firm believer that disabled access to the stadium is just as important as anybody else’s access.[/QUOTE]

The DSA actually contributed to the cost of the floor painting on Mold Road in order to provide clearer contrast for visually impaired supporters. What many people do not realise is the work done by the DSA to point out how the club can improve facilities for disabled fans.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 18.58:30

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307051][B]I find it very hard to believe that just because a lift supplier has gone out of business, a lift they previously installed cannot be maintained. Surely a competent engineer can source replacement parts and fix faults relatively easily?[/B]

If the lift had been an issue previously and needs replacing, why hasn’t it been done? This is far more important than go faster strips in the tunnel, floor paint in the Mold road, and new dugouts in the Yale stand. I’m a very firm believer that disabled access to the stadium is just as important as anybody else’s access.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - Phil Salmon spent ages sorting this out so you are wrong.

Lift replacement is a seperate issue.

TaidTom 11th October 2019 20.01:05

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307064]Sorry - Phil Salmon spent ages sorting this out so you are wrong.

Lift replacement is a seperate issue.[/QUOTE]

Erm, Percy is many things...but never, ever wrong.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.02:00

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2307082]Erm, Percy is many things...but never, ever wrong.[/QUOTE]

He is on this occasion...........

TaidTom 11th October 2019 20.10:01

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307083]He is on this occasion...........[/QUOTE]

He's not going to take this well.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.10:11

[QUOTE=Stickirupum;2307062]The DSA actually contributed to the cost of the floor painting on Mold Road in order to provide clearer contrast for visually impaired supporters. What many people do not realise is the work done by the DSA to point out how the club can improve facilities for disabled fans.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307064]Sorry - Phil Salmon spent ages sorting this out so you are wrong.

Lift replacement is a seperate issue.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2307082]Erm, Percy is many things...but never, ever wrong.[/QUOTE]

Surely if the lift is such a big issue it needs replacing? It’s not a new problem and IS not a separate issue. Surely a fully working lift is required on a matchday as well as if/when the upper floors are used on non-match days.

As for not being wrong Taid, you can read my posts back and make your own mind up. I don’t claim to be always right - but statistics do point to me being right more often than not.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.09:14.