RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

fluffysheepsupporter 12th October 2019 08.40:49

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=pagl;2307093]Surely access on non-match days doesnít need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I havenít been up there so assuming.

But lift repairs and replacement is something that has to be managed and available. I know the board spent a lot of time on the control operating board and getting it fixed but dont know if this is the same problem.

If itís down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.[/QUOTE]

You need to climb a fair number of steps to reach the top of the MRS from the pitch or from inside the club. Yes , I have done both. Have also had a wife who needed a wheelchair to move any distance. So I am afraid you assume wrongly. It should be a priority repair.

terrytactics 12th October 2019 08.48:12

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

There must be a quick fix in place before Tuesday because invites to go on the platform have already gone out.

Quay Red 12th October 2019 08.59:15

[QUOTE=pagl;2307093]Surely access on non-match days doesnít need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I havenít been up there so assuming.

But lift repairs and replacement is something that has to be managed and available. I know the board spent a lot of time on the control operating board and getting it fixed but dont know if this is the same problem.

If itís down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.[/QUOTE]

The club are trying to encourage stadium use 7 days a week. Parties, conferences etc.
The lift is important as not everyone is able to climb the steps. Any disabled person attending a function would be let down and Semi ambulant people would find climbing steps are real chore.

Foxy 12th October 2019 09.29:42

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2307146]The club are trying to encourage stadium use 7 days a week. Parties, conferences etc.
The lift is important as not everyone is able to climb the steps. Any disabled person attending a function would be let down and Semi ambulant people would find climbing steps are real chore.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnít the club fall foul of the Disability and Discrimination Act ?

Answer Release 12th October 2019 10.29:25

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2307021]One of the reasons given for not extending the existing platform was that the lift was unreliable.
My answer was Get a lift that is.

The existing lift is dated, the supplier has gone out of business and maintenance is a problem due to lack of information and parts. Temporary fixes are just that.

Credit to Phil Salmon and others for doing the work to ensure that it does work most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been involved with the replacement and maintenance of many lifts in recent years. Any competent company would be able to repair / source parts. There are many buildings functioning with much older lifts. This isn’t even a heavily used lift either.

Whilst I acknowledge that older carts probably generate more regular issues, the club need to decide on either instructing a suitable maintenance contract and the costs associated against its replacement.

The lift industry is a bit of a rogue one, they’re all in bed together and do little for any less than great margins so either maintaining or replacement won’t come cheap.

Vambo 12th October 2019 10.54:14

Do the shafts tend to be a few generic sizes, or is each shaft designed specifically for a certain make and model?

Inside Left 12th October 2019 11.55:30

The Mold Road Stand was built on the cheap and has a few issues re its design. Unfortunately it falls to the club now to rectify matters.

How well is the Altitude suite used these days which was the brain child of our blessed previous owners and charged to the club ?

pagl 12th October 2019 12.02:10

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2307143]You need to climb a fair number of steps to reach the top of the MRS from the pitch or from inside the club. Yes , I have done both. Have also had a wife who needed a wheelchair to move any distance. So I am afraid you assume wrongly. It should be a priority repair.[/QUOTE]

Cheers. If as QR states as well were looking at 7 day access then the lift is a priority. Not that it wasnít a priority for match days.

Jaded 12th October 2019 12.06:24

[QUOTE=pagl;2307178]Cheers. If as QR states as well were looking at 7 day access then the lift is a priority. Not that it wasnít a priority for match days.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Anyone know how long there have been problems with it?

Ryans the man 12th October 2019 19.35:00

At least 10 years

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.17:21.