RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.17:23

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307086]Surely if the lift is such a big issue it needs replacing? It’s not a new problem and IS not a separate issue. Surely a fully working lift is required on a matchday as well as if/when the upper floors are used on non-match days.

As for not being wrong Taid, you can read my posts back and make your own mind up. I don’t claim to be always right - but statistics do point to me being right more often than not.[/QUOTE]

I did not suggest the lift does not need to be replaced - that is a seperate issue to your first para.

I was comenting on your first para, which was (in my view) wrong, knowing how much time Phil spent on the issue, including trying to source replacement parts and talking to lift 'experts' and other 'engineers'!

Apology accepted though. :)

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.23:02

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307087]I did not suggest the lift does not need to be replaced - that is a seperate issue to your first para.

I was comenting on your first para, which was (in my view) wrong, knowing how much time Phil spent on the issue, including trying to source replacement parts and talking to lift 'experts' and other 'engineers'!

Apology accepted though. :)[/QUOTE]

Apology? There was no apology posted. :huh2:

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.24:54

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307088]Apology? There was no apology posted. :huh2:[/QUOTE]

True - you were just wrong :)

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.26:08

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307089]True - you were just wrong :)[/QUOTE]

I’m quite sure I wasn’t.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.30:26

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307090]I’m quite sure I wasn’t.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes when you don't know the facts and you spout rubbish you should just own up.

Unless of course you know something I don't and Phil did not do all the things I mentioned - do tell and I will readilly apologise.

Somehow I don't think you will.

pagl 11th October 2019 20.32:51

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307086]Surely if the lift is such a big issue it needs replacing? It’s not a new problem and IS not a separate issue. Surely a fully working lift is required on a matchday as well as if/when the upper floors are used on non-match days.

As for not being wrong Taid, you can read my posts back and make your own mind up. I don’t claim to be always right - but statistics do point to me being right more often than not.[/QUOTE]

Surely access on non-match days doesn’t need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I haven’t been up there so assuming.

But lift repairs and replacement is something that has to be managed and available. I know the board spent a lot of time on the control operating board and getting it fixed but dont know if this is the same problem.

If it’s down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.37:39

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307092]Sometimes when you don't know the facts and you spout rubbish you should just own up.

Unless of course you know something I don't and Phil did not do all the things I mentioned - do tell and I will readilly apologise.

Somehow I don't think you will.[/QUOTE]

It’s a fact the club put go faster strips down the tunnel at whatever cost, and a fact money was spent moving the dugouts. The lift is surely more important than both of these (improvements)?

I’ve no doubt Phil did work hard to get people in to sort the issues. But why are we still struggling with it now? If it’s that costly and difficult to maintain it should of been patched up and a replacement sourced.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.41:06

[QUOTE=pagl;2307093]Surely access on non-match days doesn’t need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I haven’t been up there so assuming.

But lift repairs and replacement is something that has to be managed and available. I know the board spent a lot of time on the control operating board and getting it fixed but dont know if this is the same problem.

If it’s down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.[/QUOTE]

This is my point Pagl. If it was known that every-time the lift failed we would be struggling to fix it, why hasn’t it been highlighted that a new lift is required? (I’ve not seen/heard anything on Harris FM or TV to suggest it does).

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.41:47

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307094]It’s a fact the club put go faster strips down the tunnel at whatever cost, and a fact money was spent moving the dugouts. The lift is surely more important than both of these (improvements)?

[B]I’ve no doubt Phil did work hard to get people in to sort the issues.[/B] But why are we still struggling with it now? If it’s that costly and difficult to maintain it should of been patched up and a replacement sourced.[/QUOTE]

It was your comment about speaking to an engineer to sort it out that I disagreed with - Phil spent ages trying to sort it.

I do agree with your comment on the importance - looking after disabled fans should be one of our priorites.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.30:30.