RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

OriginalRhylRed 7th October 2019 12.18:50

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2304873]I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
The DSA successes by the way have included:
Initiating monthly dementia friendly meetings.
Initiating autism friendly match days.
Manning disabled car parking spaces on match days.
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Manning and organising the rota for the wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Initiating the ADC scheme for partially sighted fans.
Fund raising for the provision of a second wheelchair viewing platform.
Payment for the provision of architectural work and advice for the above.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary[/QUOTE]

wow , its just one thing after another

Ruabon Red 7th October 2019 12.19:13

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=Jaded;2304900]Possibly. I personally can’t see why something would have come up meaning they couldn’t send the email earlier in the week rather than at 5pm the day before a response was needed at noon.[/QUOTE]

...or pick up the phone...!

FieldtownRed 7th October 2019 12.22:00

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2304905]...or pick up the phone...![/QUOTE]

This. Just bloody talk to each other! FFS!

-luke 7th October 2019 12.35:17

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304731]And the DSA too of course who said they were going on strike, then didn't.

Every thread seems to be used to kick the board, but no one comes up with workable alternatives.
Hopefully this is resolved soon and both parties can again be proud of the progress being made.[/QUOTE]

I have a workable alternative... It involves spencer and john stepping down and the wst board identifying suitable replacements whether on a paid or voluntary basis.

Bad leadership is the cause of the issues we are seeing on a regular basis now.

Continue to defend your pals of course, in fact kudos to you for doing so. But leadership involves taking responsibility when needed and not just credit.

wrexhamandy 7th October 2019 12.40:30

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304790]It may have been dictated by the time required to set up alternative arrangements, but I'm not defending either side in an issue which seems to have been handled very badly.[/QUOTE]

The upcoming game perhaps. But the entire rest of the season? Did the club need to sign a contract for the stewarding for the entire season by 12pm the next day? I suspect we know the answer to that. It sounds very vindictive.

I’ve also supported the board for a long time on here but struggling to at the moment.

wrexhamandy 7th October 2019 12.41:47

[QUOTE=terrytactics;2304873]I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary[/QUOTE]

Very sad to see. All duties that the club will now need to pay for or, I suspect in many cases, fall away.

The club really are not seeing the wood through the trees here.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 12.45:37

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2304930]Very sad to see. All duties that the club will now need to pay for or, I suspect in many cases, fall away.

The club really are not seeing the wood through the trees here.[/QUOTE]

Is this a particular board member being heavy handed or is it collective thinking ? It does seem to be a case of appalling personnel management whatever has driven this mess.

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 12.48:18

Its been done out of spite because the DSA don't give the club and WST boards a free ride like some 'fans' do. So they wanted them out of the way. You don't get stuff like that from Andy Pierce without very good reason.

This is another nail in the club boards coffin. They are digging huge holes for themselves which they cannot get out of. There's only one way this is heading before things come to a head. It'll get to a point where they won't be able to come to games on police advice.
Expect more protests and it would not surprise me one bit if individual fans who they see as 'trouble makers' were targeted too.

wafc1926 7th October 2019 13.24:57

Thank you Terry , both for your efforts and that summary. It's a sorry tale but one I can't say , in all honesty , that I didn't see coming. Witnessed events , and heard comments , which led me to believe the DSA wasn't as respected, or as highly regarded, at the highest level of our club as it is by ordinary fans. Suspect , if the truth be known , that applies to other connected groups also. Very sad and ultimately highly destructive.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 13.37:05

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2304980]Thank you Terry , both for your efforts and that summary. It's a sorry tale but one I can't say , in all honesty , that I didn't see coming. Witnessed events , and heard comments , which led me to believe the DSA wasn't as respected, or as highly regarded, at the highest level of our club as it is by ordinary fans. Suspect , if the truth be known , that applies to other connected groups also. Very sad and ultimately highly destructive.[/QUOTE]

Ultimately the divide and rule tactics are highly destructive for all involved. I really did hope for so much more from the WST stewardship on our behalf. It is sad when those who have found themselves in a position of privilege choose to direct the club in such a divisive way. It really does seem to be a campaign of closing ranks and excluding any voices airing concerns. I fear for those who would choose to protest against such harmful decision making as the us and them is perpetuated by the self preservation mentality.

Ooh aah Paskin 7th October 2019 13.38:55

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.
I am literally dumbfounded at this turn of events.
I love the club, I really do, but decisions like this make me question the direction it is going.

Mr Wonderful 7th October 2019 13.47:21

This is probably the worst idea since someone said ‘Let’s make a film with sharks in a tornado’ . . . .

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 13.55:44

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2305003]This is probably the worst idea since someone said ‘Let’s make a film with sharks in a tornado’ . . . .[/QUOTE]

Or when someone said 'Lets give the job to Bryan Hughes'

Or when someone said 'Lets persuade Graham Barrow to take the job'

Or when someone said 'Lets appoint Mike Newell as his assistant'

Or when someone said 'Lets get Darlington in as coach/DOF'

Or when someone said 'Lets not tell anyone we gave a player a new contract'

Or when someone said 'Lets have a flag day'

Or when someone said '#weareoneteam'

Or when someone said '#excitingtimesahead'

Or when someone said 'Lets have a meet the manager event anyway even if he is leaving'

Quay Red 7th October 2019 13.57:44

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2304930]Very sad to see. All duties that the club will now need to pay for or, I suspect in many cases, fall away.

The club really are not seeing the wood through the trees here.[/QUOTE]

Appears to be a clash of personalities. Whilst it may only affect the viewing platform it is unnecessarily confrontational.
All seems a bit silly talking of withdrawing support, then not releasing the names for the viewing platform 'till late in the day over a photo opportunity.
Likewise the club could have given a bit more leeway in the time required to respond.

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 14.01:41

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2305011]Appears to be a clash of personalities. Whilst it may only affect the viewing platform it is unnecessarily confrontational.
All seems a bit silly talking of withdrawing support, then not releasing the names for the viewing platform 'till late in the day over a photo opportunity.
Likewise the club could have given a bit more leeway in the time required to respond.[/QUOTE]

This is factually incorrect but no surprise there.

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2304678][U]For the record,no names were withheld and such a threat was [B]NEVER[/B] made.Also, the DSA [B]did[/B] steward both the car park and the platform at that game[B].NO[/B] 'strike' ever took place.
[U]
[U]Add 'multiple falsehoods' to 'poor wording[/U][/U][/U]'.:31:[/QUOTE]

Prodigal Dragon 7th October 2019 15.19:28

The decision by the WST Board to distance themselves from the DSA - and the excellent services they provide to the club and town - is morally and professionally wrong.

They should revisit this and agree a way forward with the DSA. Otherwise, the WST’s claim that we are a genuine community based club is hollow and bogus.

The WST and Wrexham AFC boards have not covered themselves in glory these past few months, but this offers them the opportunity to rebuild the level of trust between the fans and executive that is essential to take this club forward. If they fail to grasp this issue we can but assume that much — if not all — the criticisms aimed at ‘an aloof clique’ are genuine, and they are therefore unfit to represent our club and its fans.

This is a problem of the WST’s making: the onus is therefore on them to ‘sort it out’ to their members’ satisfaction.

This is not the way to do business. Sort it out!:31:

Ryans the man 7th October 2019 15.25:17

spot on prodigal. surely the club need as much help as possible and have previously asked many times for volunteers. The DSA did a great job and done a lot of hard work with recognition from the footballing community. To just cut the ties and not even try to meet beggars belief. If club stewards/catering staff take over the DSA roles this was only cost the club more money in the long term.

redtilidie 7th October 2019 15.31:10

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2305011]Appears to be a clash of personalities. Whilst it may only affect the viewing platform it is unnecessarily confrontational.
Likewise the club could have given a bit more leeway in the time required to respond.[/QUOTE]

All denied I believe

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 15.40:28

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2305003]This is probably the worst idea since someone said ‘Let’s make a film with sharks in a tornado’ . . . .[/QUOTE]

'Sharknado 5'... [B]They[/B] clearly didn't learn from [B]their[/B] mistakes either.

Wrexy 7th October 2019 15.40:45

[url]https://nathanleedavies.wordpress.com/2019/10/07/i-wont-belong-to-a-club-that-does-not-accept-me-as-a-member/[/url]

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 15.50:16

All seems a bit silly talking of withdrawing support,[B] then not releasing the names for the viewing platform [/B]over a photo opportunity.

[B]
No names were withheld,and such a threat was never made[/B] - I stated this this morning! This is an outright lie.

Secondly, this is about far, far more than a mere 'photo-opportunity'. This incident is merely the straw that broke the camel's back.It was a time-bomb which had been ticking for a long time, armed by the FC/Trust's continued ambivalence toward many important issues on which the DSA has tirelessly campaigned,and the outright contempt that they have shown to both the DSA , and more latterly (since the AGM resolution of 2018), the wishes of the wider fanbase.

terrytactics 7th October 2019 15.59:01

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2305124][url]https://nathanleedavies.wordpress.com/2019/10/07/i-wont-belong-to-a-club-that-does-not-accept-me-as-a-member/[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Nathan albeit ones that should never have had to be raised. Like Nathan, I’m cancelling my WST direct debit too.

There’s nothing like an impending financial crisis to make an organisation sit up and listen, suggest others consider this action too, including a boycott of games if necessary.

wafc1926 7th October 2019 15.59:35

The Club's actions in this case are truly shocking. Don't expect an answer but would like to know who on the Trust board was consulted over this and which person directed Carl Hogan to communicate their shameful decisions. They have two choices ..... have the courage of their convictions and face the hostile consequences .....or hide in a cowardly fashion behind an unaccountable spokesman. Which is most likely?

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 16.08:28

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2305124][url]https://nathanleedavies.wordpress.com/2019/10/07/i-wont-belong-to-a-club-that-does-not-accept-me-as-a-member/[/url][/QUOTE]

Everybody needs to read this. Instead of delivering exciting times ahead we have been delivered a "heartless carcass of a club".

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 16.31:02

Painful reading there. The club really need to take a long hard look at themselves at the moment. They seem to go against the values of which they proudly share.

jacthelad 7th October 2019 16.40:56

People who atr cancelling their memberships. Why not email your membership numbers to the egm email address. lets try and get that done first. Just fcking it all off (which i do understand tbf) will leave these clowns in charge totally unchallenged.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WrexhamO 7th October 2019 16.47:07

As long as those cancelling their monthly payments have paid enough to cover the minimum subscription for the year then surely they should still be members?

Mr Wonderful 7th October 2019 16.48:52

Everyone on Twitter should retweet this. Please.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th October 2019 17.20:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2304943]Its been done out of spite because the DSA don't give the club and WST boards a free ride like some 'fans' do. So they wanted them out of the way. You don't get stuff like that from Andy Pierce without very good reason.

This is another nail in the club boards coffin. They are digging huge holes for themselves which they cannot get out of. There's only one way this is heading before things come to a head. It'll get to a point where they won't be able to come to games on police advice.
Expect more protests and it would not surprise me one bit if individual fans who they see as 'trouble makers' were targeted too.[/QUOTE]

Happened with the CoE very early on under trust ownership, just like that department the matchday offering for disabled supporters will be greatly diminished.

They'll even use individuals names vindictively, if they dare criticise as we've seen already.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th October 2019 17.24:59

Conversation
View From The Racecourse
@VRacecourse
Is it true, the rumours I'm hearing, that
@WrexhamDSA
have abandoned their car park / platform services and cancelled ADC commantary, For tomorrows game, Shocking treatment of thier own service users!! , what about people who rely on this?
7:22 pm · 27 Sep 2019·Twitter for Android
5 more replies
Darren.
@FUHansBrix
·
27 Sep
Replying to
@VRacecourse
and
@WrexhamDSA
I suggest that before you start attempting to pollute the image and reputation of a group of hard working, committed volunteers, you give a full and open account of the rationale, of those who are the subject of your pseudo-propaganda.

As I said, this was lined up a while ago including the story with more holes than Tesco roundabout.

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 17.30:57

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2305196]Conversation
View From The Racecourse
@VRacecourse
@WrexhamDSA
have abandoned their car park / platform services and cancelled ADC commantary, For tomorrows game, Shocking treatment of thier own service users!! , what about people who rely on this?
5 more replies
Darren.
@FUHansBrix
·
27 Sep
Replying to
@VRacecourse
and
@WrexhamDSA
I suggest that before you start attempting to pollute the image and reputation of a group of hard working, committed volunteers, you give a full and open account of the rationale, of those who are the subject of your pseudo-propaganda.

As I said, this was lined up a while ago including the story with more holes than Tesco roundabout.[/QUOTE]

This could have only come from someone very, very closely connected to the club - fact.

It was later taken down..

The reply was mine.

Rob 7th October 2019 17.39:34

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2305199]This could have only come from someone very, very closely connected to the club - fact.

It was later taken down..

The reply was mine.[/QUOTE]

So leaks are fine it seems :toff:

BigTiredGrowlSnarl 7th October 2019 17.46:51

I don’t think I’ve felt this removed from the values of this club since Moss. Whoever decided upon this course of action on the board needs to either step down or be sacked.

Funny_Old_Game 7th October 2019 17.48:49

This is definitely the worst thing they have done in their time. Nevermind the football and managerial nonsense, this is much more damaging than any of that.

Feel we are close to end with them though which is kind of a relief. Club up for sale and let’s see who wants to take it on.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 18.05:10

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2305209]This is definitely the worst thing they have done in their time. Nevermind the football and managerial nonsense, this is much more damaging than any of that.

Feel we are close to end with them though which is kind of a relief. Club up for sale and let’s see who wants to take it on.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel, and have done for a long time.

Get It Forward 7th October 2019 18.23:48

Anyone else beginning to despise this football club and the goings on? Been a fan since the mid 80s, Keates' brand of football drove me to stop going, never went to a single match under Hughes and this now with the DSA on top of having that poison dwarf back has really put the top hat on it for me
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GarryOggy 7th October 2019 18.53:22

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2305209]This is definitely the worst thing they have done in their time. Nevermind the football and managerial nonsense, this is much more damaging than any of that.

Feel we are close to end with them though which is kind of a relief. Club up for sale and let’s see who wants to take it on.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you for a change.

Answer Release 7th October 2019 19.09:52

There’s little chance of these fools relinquishing control. I feel this is only the beginning of what is going to turn into quite a toxic little set up.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 19.17:16

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2305196]Conversation
View From The Racecourse
@VRacecourse
@WrexhamDSA
5 more replies
Darren.
@FUHansBrix
·
27 Sep
Replying to
@VRacecourse
and
@WrexhamDSA

As I said, this was lined up a while ago including the story with more holes than Tesco roundabout.[/QUOTE]

Was this someone on the board ?

standman 7th October 2019 19.18:38

The problem for those seeking change is that so many may cancel WST membership that the majority left to vote come the next election will be the sheep which will strengthen the position of those on the board. It’s almost like a Bond villains master plan.

Those disillusioned must stay as members to make a difference, if people want to send a message then reduce subscriptions to the minimum £12 per year or stop buying food/beer/sponsorship/merchandise etc.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.16:07.