RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

WrexhamO 7th October 2019 07.19:49

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=Rob;2304638]Assuming text I have seen is correct, DSA position is pitch award presentation was rejected because it 'was not a football club related award'.

Club says it was rejected "due to the tunnel area being restricted from 2pm onwards on matchday".

Who is right?[/QUOTE]

Part of an email from the club:

"With regards to a presentation on the pitch I have been informed this won't be possible at a cup game, but also due to the fact it isn't a Wrexham AFC club related award I'm afraid."

Vambo 7th October 2019 07.41:03

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2304650]Why on a Thursday when the game before was a Saturday. Could of been done before then. Board should understand people are volunteers and have priorities outside of role.[/QUOTE]

Irony

Jenks87 7th October 2019 07.42:43

*ducks for cover*

I appreciate all the work the DSA do, but the group they wanted to get the award weren’t anything to do with Wrexham. Why should they be awarded their prize on the Racecourse and not at one of the Midlands clubs that they represent?

Could’ve been handled better but the club position seems reasonable, to be honest.

-luke 7th October 2019 07.45:23

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304699]Irony[/QUOTE]

Irony that andy replied am hour after the arbitrary deadline on his break in work and this was ignored?

WrexhamO 7th October 2019 07.51:26

[QUOTE=Jenks87;2304700]*ducks for cover*

I appreciate all the work the DSA do, but the group they wanted to get the award weren’t anything to do with Wrexham. Why should they be awarded their prize on the Racecourse and not at one of the Midlands clubs that they represent?

Could’ve been handled better but the club position seems reasonable, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Our DSA is very much part of this group and the meetings we attend and information we share helps to improve accessibility everywhere.
The group wanted to come to us as it is non league day and they wanted to see all the accessibility work going on at the club on a match day. Not just ours, Kerry's work too.

Complimentary tickets were something we were told by the club could be possible which is why we asked. Not getting them for the St Mirren game was no big deal as we could easily buy a dozen match day tickets for this game.

Ryans the man 7th October 2019 07.54:48

This is shocking by the club but both sides need to meet and sort this mess out. DOes not make good reading or PR. Was never like this when I stewarded the boxes, 1864 and platform. If have a difference of opinion seems you are pushed out even after years of service to the club.

Vambo 7th October 2019 07.57:12

[QUOTE=-luke;2304701]Irony that andy replied am hour after the arbitrary deadline on his break in work and this was ignored?[/QUOTE]

Yes, by volunteers who have other things to do too.

fezbob 7th October 2019 07.59:14

So, to sum up this morning's findings, all the roles usually fulfilled by the DSA were carried out by them on the day in question and the club sent an e-mail saying because it's not an award for the club you can't have a picture on the pitch.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Vambo 7th October 2019 07.59:52

It is an embarrassing public squabble, but hopefully now both sides have had their say the can get together and sort it out.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.16:44.