RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 19.22:37

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=standman;2305264]The problem for those seeking change is that so many may cancel WST membership that the majority left to vote come the next election will be the sheep which will strengthen the position of those on the board. It’s almost like a Bond villains master plan.

Those disillusioned must stay as members to make a difference, if people want to send a message then reduce subscriptions to the minimum £12 per year or stop buying food/beer/sponsorship/merchandise etc.[/QUOTE]

This.

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 19.24:00

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2305262]Was this someone on the board ?[/QUOTE]

AS I said,it had to be someone very closely connected at Cae Ras.Who exactly? ... We don't know...

standman 7th October 2019 19.40:45

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2305265]This.[/QUOTE]

Just hope both party’s can get around the table to build bridges, although I can’t see it happening. The long term damage and reputation will be unrepairable.

t1954 7th October 2019 19.46:00

[QUOTE=standman;2305264]The problem for those seeking change is that so many may cancel WST membership that the majority left to vote come the next election will be the sheep which will strengthen the position of those on the board. It’s almost like a Bond villains master plan.

Those disillusioned must stay as members to make a difference, if people want to send a message then reduce subscriptions to the minimum £12 per year or stop buying food/beer/sponsorship/merchandise etc.[/QUOTE]

Is it now 16 pound a year membership?

standman 7th October 2019 19.54:13

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2305265]This.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=t1954;2305275]Is it now 16 pound a year membership?[/QUOTE]

I think it did go up a few quid so yes maybe slightly more now but I know of some people who pay £5 or even £10 a month. I just don’t think people should be cancelling memberships, that’s not going to help. They should go and have a say, they can’t if they are no longer members and certainly will lose more interest in the club in the long term as well.

Haruki 7th October 2019 20.05:33

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2305011]Appears to be a clash of personalities. Whilst it may only affect the viewing platform it is unnecessarily confrontational.
All seems a bit silly talking of withdrawing support, then not releasing the names for the viewing platform 'till late in the day over a photo opportunity.
Likewise the club could have given a bit more leeway in the time required to respond.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that info from you Fox!!!

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 20.08:52

[QUOTE=Haruki;2305291]Where did you get that info from you Fox!!![/QUOTE]

Quite obviously NOT a reliable source.

Funny_Old_Game 7th October 2019 20.14:37

Quay Red is the only one left on here. He’s been leading his own Nodding Dog crusade for weeks on here. The people with links to the board are so, so obvious.

Haruki 7th October 2019 20.29:24

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2305199]This could have only come from someone very, very closely connected to the club - fact.

It was later taken down..

The reply was mine.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same person behind Red Poison. Multiple Twitter accounts, multiple Red passion accounts and of course the horrid Neil Cooke fake account

Bagger Vance 7th October 2019 20.37:25

[QUOTE=Haruki;2305311]Probably the same person behind Red Poison. Multiple Twitter accounts, multiple Red passion accounts and of course the horrid Neil Cooke fake account[/QUOTE]

Would need to be pretty good at IT to have that many multiple accounts, keep on top of them and mask IP.

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 20.37:44

[QUOTE=Haruki;2305311]Probably the same person behind Red Poison. Multiple Twitter accounts, multiple Red passion accounts and of course the horrid Neil Cooke fake account[/QUOTE]

I couldn't possibly speculate,but the individual responsible could only have known about the brewing situation if he/she is a club official,or someone very close to a club official.:(

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 20.43:44

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2305315]Would need to be pretty good at IT to have that many multiple accounts, keep on top of them and mask IP.[/QUOTE]

Who on the board has any computer skills... does anyone know ?

paddockgraham 7th October 2019 20.45:37

the witch hunt reaching its climax now, win a few games and back under the rocks they go

Funny_Old_Game 7th October 2019 20.45:56

Father Jack Hackett is in

Wenttoanderlechtin76 7th October 2019 20.46:45

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2305327]the witch hunt reaching its climax now, win a few games and back under the rocks they go[/QUOTE]

Oh dear

welshian 7th October 2019 20.55:47

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2305327]the witch hunt reaching its climax now, win a few games and back under the rocks they go[/QUOTE]

Defending the indefensible. And you talk about crawling under rocks, hypocrite.

Mr Wonderful 7th October 2019 20.57:46

You can’t seriously be of the view that this criticism is not warranted?

Jaded 7th October 2019 21.08:18

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2305335]You can’t seriously be of the view that this criticism is not warranted?[/QUOTE]

PG has made it clear that he, and the people who share his viewpoint, don’t care about disabled fans. Everyone has their own moral standards, obviously. I’m glad most people’s on RP are different to his.

ABd 7th October 2019 21.10:02

To paraphrase R.E.M - It's the end of the board as we know it.

paddockgraham 7th October 2019 21.10:05

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2305335]You can’t seriously be of the view that this criticism is not warranted?[/QUOTE]

who knows without the full facts, its clear people in both camps have made mistakes and have rubbed each other up the wrong way, so instead of diplomatically sorting it they have created a wasps nest for the band of doommongers to poke their stick into, more damage for the clubs reputation though, cestrians are having a field day laughing at us

paddockgraham 7th October 2019 21.11:10

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2305322]Who on the board has any computer skills... does anyone know ?[/QUOTE]

yes Mr Jones is head of cyber intelligence for ICI, he can spot who anyone is online by using his sophisticated software packages

Percy Sugden 7th October 2019 21.14:33

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2305348]who knows without the full facts, its clear people in both camps have made mistakes and have rubbed each other up the wrong way, so instead of diplomatically sorting it they have created a wasps nest for the band of doommongers to poke their stick into, more damage for the clubs reputation though, cestrians are having a field day laughing at us[/QUOTE]

Do you think the DSA saga and lies the board have pedalled in the last few days are acceptable to the 3000 owners?

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 21.15:57

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2305349]yes Mr Jones is head of cyber intelligence for ICI, he can spot who anyone is online by using his sophisticated software packages[/QUOTE]

Can his sophisticated software packages detect multiple usernames ?

dixienormous 7th October 2019 21.17:29

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2305348]who knows without the full facts, its clear people in both camps have made mistakes and have rubbed each other up the wrong way, so instead of diplomatically sorting it they have created a wasps nest for the band of doommongers to poke their stick into, more damage for the clubs reputation though, cestrians are having a field day laughing at us[/QUOTE]

Everyone's laughing at the club with the clowns in charge. This nightmare wont be over until they've gone.

paddockgraham 7th October 2019 21.19:49

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2305355]Can his sophisticated software packages detect multiple usernames ?[/QUOTE]

yes of course, do you want him to reply to your other 4 user names?

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 21.20:57

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2305363]yes of course, do you want him to reply to your other 4 user names?[/QUOTE]

yes yes yes yes

Percy Sugden 7th October 2019 21.25:44

Originally Posted by paddockgraham
who knows without the full facts, its clear people in both camps have made mistakes and have rubbed each other up the wrong way, so instead of diplomatically sorting it they have created a wasps nest for the band of doommongers to poke their stick into, more damage for the clubs reputation though, cestrians are having a field day laughing at us

Do you think the DSA saga and lies the board have pedalled in the last few days are acceptable to the 3000 owners?

Care to answer the question “Graham”?

JonWrexhamfc 7th October 2019 21.45:39

DSA have released a statement. Can't seem to copy off Facebook via android though....if someone could post it up.

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 22.56:45

It's gone beyond on-field results and if you can't see that then you're naive or blind

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 23.01:27

You should be more concerned about the state of our club rather than what those gimps up the road are doing. The fans haven't created the clusterflip in which we find ourselves. You're either trolling or just in denial. It's not just the usual doom-mongers having a go, it's also people who usually try and stick up for the club. Open your eyes ffs.

billybersham 8th October 2019 04.12:20

Your right about the cestrians laughing at us,bet they are thinking 5500 fans and they are still 20th in the national league.

Ruabon Red 8th October 2019 09.17:33

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2305011][B]Appears to be a clash of personalities[/B]. Whilst it may only affect the viewing platform it is unnecessarily confrontational.
All seems a bit silly talking of withdrawing support, then not releasing the names for the viewing platform 'till late in the day over a photo opportunity.
Likewise the club could have given a bit more leeway in the time required to respond.[/QUOTE]

May well be QR, but this isn't the playground, this is business. Successful businesses overcome `personality clashes'.

Whilst it may `only affect the viewing platform' and `only affect' a few fans, to those fellow fans it's essential - they don't have the freedom of choice to view the match from wherever they want, so it is important.

Your third sentence has clearly been overtaken by the release of further information by the DSA.

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 09.35:41

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2305328]Father Jack Hackett is in[/QUOTE]

:crampe:

leftfoot 8th October 2019 13.28:24

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

Club statement:[I] 'Unfortunately we were unable to facilitate this request on this occasion as rules of the competition do not allow for complimentary tickets to be given away, apart from those stipulated by the competition.'
[/I]
Competition rules: 'Except in the case of a Match which is played on a Neutral Ground and subject to the Away Club having an entitlement to claim admissions up to 20% of the permitted spectator capacity of the Home Club to accommodate its supporters, there is no restriction on the number of members, season ticket holders and complimentary ticket holders who may be admitted by the Home Club.'

Club statement: [I]'Unfortunately, Wrexham AFC were further unable to facilitate this request due to the tunnel area being restricted from 2pm onwards on matchday. This operation is standard practice at all of our home games.'[/I]

My question: Why does this rule not apply to match day sponsor guests who are photographed on the pitch prior to kick-off?

-luke 8th October 2019 15.44:05

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=leftfoot;2305761]Club statement:[I] 'Unfortunately we were unable to facilitate this request on this occasion as rules of the competition do not allow for complimentary tickets to be given away, apart from those stipulated by the competition.'
[/I]
Competition rules: 'Except in the case of a Match which is played on a Neutral Ground and subject to the Away Club having an entitlement to claim admissions up to 20% of the permitted spectator capacity of the Home Club to accommodate its supporters, there is no restriction on the number of members, season ticket holders and complimentary ticket holders who may be admitted by the Home Club.'

Club statement: [I]'Unfortunately, Wrexham AFC were further unable to facilitate this request due to the tunnel area being restricted from 2pm onwards on matchday. This operation is standard practice at all of our home games.'[/I]

My question: Why does this rule not apply to match day sponsor guests who are photographed on the pitch prior to kick-off?[/QUOTE]

While that statesbthe club were permitted to award comp tickets i dont think the club said it wouldnt because of competition rules did they? Additionally the DSA would have happily bought tickets. It was the bit about not being able to be on the pitch due to competition rules wasnt it? Be interesting to see which rule would have been infracted upon.

Jaded 8th October 2019 15.55:24

[QUOTE=leftfoot;2305761]Club statement:[I] 'Unfortunately we were unable to facilitate this request on this occasion as rules of the competition do not allow for complimentary tickets to be given away, apart from those stipulated by the competition.'
[/I]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=-luke;2305825]While that statesbthe club were permitted to award comp tickets i dont think the club said it wouldnt because of competition rules did they?[/QUOTE]

Post you're quoting shows that that's the reason the e-mail from the club gave.

WrexhamO 8th October 2019 17.17:14

[/I]

My question: Why does this rule not apply to match day sponsor guests who are photographed on the pitch prior to kick-off?[/QUOTE]

Where did you find these rules ???

Mr Wonderful 8th October 2019 18.03:59

These are the rules.

[url]https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Challenge%20Cup%20Regulations%202019-20.pdf[/url]

WrexhamO 8th October 2019 18.21:25

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2305916]These are the rules.

[url]https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Challenge%20Cup%20Regulations%202019-20.pdf[/url][/QUOTE]

Can't see anything in there.

Mr Wonderful 8th October 2019 18.29:21

Nor me, checked every para!

But I can’t see this either.
Club statement: 'Unfortunately we were unable to facilitate this request on this occasion as rules of the competition do not allow for complimentary tickets to be given away,[B] apart from those stipulated by the competition.'[/B]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.29:30.