RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

Jaded 8th October 2019 18.29:33

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=leftfoot;2305761]Club statement:[I] 'Unfortunately we were unable to facilitate this request on this occasion as rules of the competition do not allow for complimentary tickets to be given away, apart from those stipulated by the competition.'
[/I]
Competition rules: 'Except in the case of a Match which is played on a Neutral Ground and subject to the Away Club having an entitlement to claim admissions up to 20% of the permitted spectator capacity of the Home Club to accommodate its supporters, there is no restriction on the number of members, season ticket holders and complimentary ticket holders who may be admitted by the Home Club.'

Club statement: [I]'Unfortunately, Wrexham AFC were further unable to facilitate this request due to the tunnel area being restricted from 2pm onwards on matchday. This operation is standard practice at all of our home games.'[/I]

My question: Why does this rule not apply to match day sponsor guests who are photographed on the pitch prior to kick-off?[/QUOTE]

Leftfoot, are you sure these rules apply to this competition? I googled a quote but could only find a link to rules for the Scottish Cup.

leftfoot 9th October 2019 11.52:11

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

Discounting the sponsor, this is the Scottish Challenge Cup competition.

podders 9th October 2019 12.08:55

I couldn’t find anything in the rules regarding restricting complimentary tickets either.

Sure the club will clarify the rule they are adhering too, which contradicts 30.1, so people don’t assume they have lied in there statement.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Jaded 9th October 2019 13.28:32

[QUOTE=leftfoot;2306457]Discounting the sponsor, this is the Scottish Challenge Cup competition.[/QUOTE]

Got a link at all?

podders 9th October 2019 15.15:09

[url]https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4819/scottish-cup-rules-for-18-19-fv-docx.pdf[/url]

[QUOTE]30. Restriction on Members, etc., Tickets

30.1 Except in the case of a Match which is played on a Neutral Ground and subject to the Away Club having an entitlement to claim admissions up to 20% of the permitted spectator capacity of the Home Club to accommodate its supporters, there is no restriction on the number of members, season ticket holders and complimentary ticket holders who may be admitted by the Home Club.

30.2 In calculating the gate drawings, the Home Club shall be entitled to exclude 100 season tickets and complimentary tickets actually issued and used from the calculation of the gate drawings. The Home Club shall be entitled to further exclude all season tickets and complimentary tickets actually issued and used up to a maximum of 10% of the remaining total attendance, subject to such a limit not exceeding 1,000 such persons. Tickets issued as part of a paid hospitality package may not be included in the total number of complimentary tickets.[/QUOTE]

WrexhamO 9th October 2019 15.38:49

So is this definite that comps are allowed under the rules the

The DSA were not overly bothered about this to be honest as we would have bought them from our funds and looked up In it as another form of investment into the club.

But this would put a different light on it for me.

Jaded 9th October 2019 16.20:33

[QUOTE=podders;2306539][url]https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4819/scottish-cup-rules-for-18-19-fv-docx.pdf[/url][/QUOTE]

Cheers Podders!

This definitely doesn’t put the club in a good light.

Mr Wonderful 9th October 2019 16.25:13

Make sure we aren’t confusing the Scottish Football association challenge cup with the Scottish football league challenge cup.

The only one that appears open to “Welsh Clubs” is the link I posted on previous page. The SPFL
challenge cup.

See page 3/22.

Jaded 9th October 2019 17.04:59

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2306563]Make sure we aren’t confusing the Scottish Football association challenge cup with the Scottish football league challenge cup.

The only one that appears open to “Welsh Clubs” is the link I posted on previous page. The SPFL
challenge cup.

See page 3/22.[/QUOTE]

Nice spot, Mr W! Yeah, looks like Podders’s link is to Scottish Cup. (As in their equivalent of the FA cup)

WrexhamO 9th October 2019 17.37:25

Flip this is confusing!

leftfoot 9th October 2019 18.35:43

Confusing indeed! My previous post referenced the SFA Cup, but having now checked the SPFL Challenge Cup rules no mention whatsoever is made regarding complimentary tickets.

podders 9th October 2019 18.36:37

Sorry for the wrong link. But can’t see anything in the correct link that says there is a restriction on the complimentary tickets.

northwalian dragon 9th October 2019 19.18:13

[QUOTE=podders;2306595]Sorry for the wrong link. But can’t see anything in the correct link that says there is a restriction on the complimentary tickets.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Maybe write to the governing body for confirmation?

Rob 10th October 2019 09.19:50

Baffled by some tweets - someone has set up a terrible spoof account of Spencers son.

Media team member highlights it in a tweet that ended "Let’s ask the opinions of people we know have issues with the situation what they think @r77ulr @WrexhamDSA if it’s acceptable"

Thats been binned, but no idea why DSA was/is being linked to the account ? [url]https://twitter.com/JamesH_1980/status/1181968776184639490[/url] has more.

Odd to tag Ulrich and the DSA if just setting a 'moral compass', why not the junior dragons and Bryn Law or other equally rando accounts?

It is possible to think the club have got it wrong on the DSA stuff without associating them with grim stuff other people do.

Rob 10th October 2019 09.21:19

More positively, the reason why the above surfaced was due to this being tweeted - a great story on how the DSA helped / created fans!

[url]https://twitter.com/WrexhamDSA/status/1182183129689268224[/url]

Percy Sugden 10th October 2019 09.23:27

Any chance of some communication on the issues from any of our prominent board members or even Pete Jones?

fezbob 10th October 2019 09.34:16

It's all gone very quiet since earlier in the week. Where's the communication?

Foxy 10th October 2019 09.50:49

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2306714]Any chance of some communication on the issues from any of our prominent board members or even Pete Jones?[/QUOTE]

No chance . He provides no leadership whatsoever . At least Spencer Harris , misguided and clumsy as he is , does attempt to provide leadership and arguments could be made (eg Robin Wiggs clever Facebook argument) to say how he can be effective from a certain perspective.

Bagger Vance 10th October 2019 09.51:29

[QUOTE=fezbob;2306718]It's all gone very quiet since earlier in the week. Where's the communication?[/QUOTE]

1st rule of burying bad news is don't dig it back up again and allow the rules of forgetting curve to take effect uninterupted. I doubt any further comment will be forthcoming.

René Higuita 10th October 2019 09.56:28

how has there not been a protest against the board organised for the Chesterfield home game yet? Can we organise something on here?

Rob 11th October 2019 10.49:25

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2306724]1st rule of burying bad news is don't dig it back up again and allow the rules of forgetting curve to take effect uninterupted. I doubt any further comment will be forthcoming.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully there is work taking place behind closed doors and a joint statement in future.

Leaving it like this cant be a good position for anyone.

Phils-an-alki 11th October 2019 11.00:44

I don't see this board backing down, that would mean admitting they were wrong, apologising for lying and we all know their ego's and arrogance will never let that happen as it never has so far during their dictatorship.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 11.02:36

[QUOTE=Foxy;2306723]No chance . He provides no leadership whatsoever . At least Spencer Harris , misguided and clumsy as he is , does attempt to provide leadership and arguments could be made (eg Robin Wiggs clever Facebook argument) to say how he can be effective from a certain perspective.[/QUOTE]

Spencer has completely disappeared off the face of the earth since it all kicked off.

Wxm boy 11th October 2019 11.06:05

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2306726]how has there not been a protest against the board organised for the Chesterfield home game yet? Can we organise something on here?[/QUOTE]

I can't protest if I am refusing to attend.

This x 1000

Ooh aah Paskin 11th October 2019 11.26:41

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2306726]how has there not been a protest against the board organised for the Chesterfield home game yet? Can we organise something on here?[/QUOTE]

Because it looks like no-one that is going cares.
Those who are having issues with the board seem to be voting with their feet in the main so the crowd that remains are either those that are happy with the status quo, or those that really don't care.

Unfortunately that is where the danger sets in because the Board will believe everything is fine.

Protesting at the game is never going to have the same effect as it used to IMO. It seems like the best form of protest or action is via an EGM.

Or we could all keep emailing our concerns to the Board (in a polite manner of course). At least that way, there is a 'paper trail'.

Ooh aah Paskin 11th October 2019 11.27:09

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2306933]Spencer has completely disappeared off the face of the earth since it all kicked off.[/QUOTE]

Think the whole Board have, not just Spencer! :D

Phils-an-alki 11th October 2019 11.31:31

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2306938]Because it looks like no-one that is going cares.
Those who are having issues with the board seem to be voting with their feet in the main so the crowd that remains are either those that are happy with the status quo, or those that really don't care.

Unfortunately that is where the danger sets in because the Board will believe everything is fine.

Protesting at the game is never going to have the same effect as it used to IMO. It seems like the best form of protest or action is via an EGM.

Or we could all keep emailing our concerns to the Board (in a polite manner of course). At least that way, there is a 'paper trail'.[/QUOTE]

I think protests will happen sooner or later if nothing notable changes. Fans will only take so much bullshit, we've already seen handfuls od small protests.

Saying that I'm not sure what more this board could do to trigger something; they already tell the fans lies, bare faced ones, treat fans with contempt, are not transparent, use 'good news' as currency with fans and kick out any dissenting volunteers that dare to air their views.

The very fans that are still defending all this are as two faced as it gets as if this was Moss they'd be up in arms. Talk about double standards.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 11.48:16

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2306939]Think the whole Board have, not just Spencer! :D[/QUOTE]

Yes they have.

Wrexy 11th October 2019 11.51:28

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2306933]Spencer has completely disappeared off the face of the earth since it all kicked off.[/QUOTE]

Looks like he and his son are getting a fair amount of stick right now - check out his recent replies on Twitter re: a guy called Mike/Mark who runs a local carpet company #WAFCathaChristie

Phils-an-alki 11th October 2019 12.05:44

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2306948]Looks like he and his son are getting a fair amount of stick right now - check out his recent replies on Twitter re: a guy called Mike/Mark who runs a local carpet company #WAFCathaChristie[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Spencer applies the same values to his colleague John Mills?
I think not.

Wrexy 11th October 2019 14.02:02

Not a good start:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control the lift in the 1864 suite / Hays Travel stand is currently not working. There will be no access to the wheelchair viewing platform unfortunately for tomorrows cup game.
I will update fans early next week when I have more information.
Many thanks."

Prodigal Dragon 11th October 2019 14.26:23

Not true!

Spencer was in the Cent before the Harrogate game and was willing to offer his perspective on things. Some of what he said made sense, but much did not.

Bottom line is that we have already spent most of the budget, so must offload players in order to bring in better players.

My advice to him was sort out the DSA fandango first, before it runs away with itself. Too many egos; not enough sense and sensibility!

Ooh aah Paskin 11th October 2019 14.40:19

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2307002]Not true!

Spencer was in the Cent before the Harrogate game and was willing to offer his perspective on things. Some of what he said made sense, but much did not.

Bottom line is that we have already spent most of the budget, so must offload players in order to bring in better players.

My advice to him was sort out the DSA fandango first, before it runs away with itself. Too many egos; not enough sense and sensibility![/QUOTE]

And, out of curiosity, what was his response to that? :D

terrytactics 11th October 2019 14.41:41

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2306988]Not a good start:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control the lift in the 1864 suite / Hays Travel stand is currently not working. There will be no access to the wheelchair viewing platform unfortunately for tomorrows cup game.
Many thanks."[/QUOTE]

How very convenient!, :furious:

Phils-an-alki 11th October 2019 14.43:54

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2307002]Not true!

[B]Bottom line is that we have already spent most of the budget, so must offload players in order to bring in better players.[/B]

My advice to him was sort out the DSA fandango first, before it runs away with itself. Too many egos; not enough sense and sensibility![/QUOTE]

:eek:

Phils-an-alki 11th October 2019 14.45:18

Many thanks."[/QUOTE]

I smell another porkie pie.

Prodigal Dragon 11th October 2019 15.15:06

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2307004]And, out of curiosity, what was his response to that? :D[/QUOTE]

Difficult to tell with Spencer. He is relatively easy to judge when on transmit; less so when on receive!

Quay Red 11th October 2019 15.15:12

Many thanks."[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons given for not extending the existing platform was that the lift was unreliable.
My answer was Get a lift that is.

The existing lift is dated, the supplier has gone out of business and maintenance is a problem due to lack of information and parts. Temporary fixes are just that.

Credit to Phil Salmon and others for doing the work to ensure that it does work most of the time.

Cymro 11th October 2019 17.27:22

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2307008]I smell another porkie pie.[/QUOTE]

The lift has always been unreliable. No more to it than that I'm sure.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 17.30:49

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2307021]One of the reasons given for not extending the existing platform was that the lift was unreliable.
My answer was Get a lift that is.

The existing lift is dated, the supplier has gone out of business and maintenance is a problem due to lack of information and parts. Temporary fixes are just that.

Credit to Phil Salmon and others for doing the work to ensure that it does work most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I find it very hard to believe that just because a lift supplier has gone out of business, a lift they previously installed cannot be maintained. Surely a competent engineer can source replacement parts and fix faults relatively easily?

If the lift had been an issue previously and needs replacing, why hasn’t it been done? This is far more important than go faster strips in the tunnel, floor paint in the Mold road, and new dugouts in the Yale stand. I’m a very firm believer that disabled access to the stadium is just as important as anybody else’s access.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.44:50.