RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

WrexhamO 11th October 2019 17.52:58

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

Important to remember the lift is not just for 6 wheelchair users per game.
Many of our less ambulant fans (myself included) use it to get to and from our seats, to access the 1864 and also to access executive boxes,. Players families use it when they have young kids in attendance too....

Stickirupum 11th October 2019 18.52:29

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307051]I find it very hard to believe that just because a lift supplier has gone out of business, a lift they previously installed cannot be maintained. Surely a competent engineer can source replacement parts and fix faults relatively easily?

If the lift had been an issue previously and needs replacing, why hasn’t it been done? This is far more important than go faster strips in the tunnel, floor paint in the Mold road, and new dugouts in the Yale stand. I’m a very firm believer that disabled access to the stadium is just as important as anybody else’s access.[/QUOTE]

The DSA actually contributed to the cost of the floor painting on Mold Road in order to provide clearer contrast for visually impaired supporters. What many people do not realise is the work done by the DSA to point out how the club can improve facilities for disabled fans.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 18.58:30

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307051][B]I find it very hard to believe that just because a lift supplier has gone out of business, a lift they previously installed cannot be maintained. Surely a competent engineer can source replacement parts and fix faults relatively easily?[/B]

If the lift had been an issue previously and needs replacing, why hasn’t it been done? This is far more important than go faster strips in the tunnel, floor paint in the Mold road, and new dugouts in the Yale stand. I’m a very firm believer that disabled access to the stadium is just as important as anybody else’s access.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - Phil Salmon spent ages sorting this out so you are wrong.

Lift replacement is a seperate issue.

TaidTom 11th October 2019 20.01:05

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307064]Sorry - Phil Salmon spent ages sorting this out so you are wrong.

Lift replacement is a seperate issue.[/QUOTE]

Erm, Percy is many things...but never, ever wrong.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.02:00

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2307082]Erm, Percy is many things...but never, ever wrong.[/QUOTE]

He is on this occasion...........

TaidTom 11th October 2019 20.10:01

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307083]He is on this occasion...........[/QUOTE]

He's not going to take this well.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.10:11

[QUOTE=Stickirupum;2307062]The DSA actually contributed to the cost of the floor painting on Mold Road in order to provide clearer contrast for visually impaired supporters. What many people do not realise is the work done by the DSA to point out how the club can improve facilities for disabled fans.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307064]Sorry - Phil Salmon spent ages sorting this out so you are wrong.

Lift replacement is a seperate issue.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2307082]Erm, Percy is many things...but never, ever wrong.[/QUOTE]

Surely if the lift is such a big issue it needs replacing? It’s not a new problem and IS not a separate issue. Surely a fully working lift is required on a matchday as well as if/when the upper floors are used on non-match days.

As for not being wrong Taid, you can read my posts back and make your own mind up. I don’t claim to be always right - but statistics do point to me being right more often than not.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.17:23

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307086]Surely if the lift is such a big issue it needs replacing? It’s not a new problem and IS not a separate issue. Surely a fully working lift is required on a matchday as well as if/when the upper floors are used on non-match days.

As for not being wrong Taid, you can read my posts back and make your own mind up. I don’t claim to be always right - but statistics do point to me being right more often than not.[/QUOTE]

I did not suggest the lift does not need to be replaced - that is a seperate issue to your first para.

I was comenting on your first para, which was (in my view) wrong, knowing how much time Phil spent on the issue, including trying to source replacement parts and talking to lift 'experts' and other 'engineers'!

Apology accepted though. :)

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.23:02

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307087]I did not suggest the lift does not need to be replaced - that is a seperate issue to your first para.

I was comenting on your first para, which was (in my view) wrong, knowing how much time Phil spent on the issue, including trying to source replacement parts and talking to lift 'experts' and other 'engineers'!

Apology accepted though. :)[/QUOTE]

Apology? There was no apology posted. :huh2:

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.24:54

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307088]Apology? There was no apology posted. :huh2:[/QUOTE]

True - you were just wrong :)

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.26:08

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307089]True - you were just wrong :)[/QUOTE]

I’m quite sure I wasn’t.

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.30:26

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307090]I’m quite sure I wasn’t.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes when you don't know the facts and you spout rubbish you should just own up.

Unless of course you know something I don't and Phil did not do all the things I mentioned - do tell and I will readilly apologise.

Somehow I don't think you will.

pagl 11th October 2019 20.32:51

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307086]Surely if the lift is such a big issue it needs replacing? It’s not a new problem and IS not a separate issue. Surely a fully working lift is required on a matchday as well as if/when the upper floors are used on non-match days.

As for not being wrong Taid, you can read my posts back and make your own mind up. I don’t claim to be always right - but statistics do point to me being right more often than not.[/QUOTE]

Surely access on non-match days doesn’t need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I haven’t been up there so assuming.

But lift repairs and replacement is something that has to be managed and available. I know the board spent a lot of time on the control operating board and getting it fixed but dont know if this is the same problem.

If it’s down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.37:39

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2307092]Sometimes when you don't know the facts and you spout rubbish you should just own up.

Unless of course you know something I don't and Phil did not do all the things I mentioned - do tell and I will readilly apologise.

Somehow I don't think you will.[/QUOTE]

It’s a fact the club put go faster strips down the tunnel at whatever cost, and a fact money was spent moving the dugouts. The lift is surely more important than both of these (improvements)?

I’ve no doubt Phil did work hard to get people in to sort the issues. But why are we still struggling with it now? If it’s that costly and difficult to maintain it should of been patched up and a replacement sourced.

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 20.41:06

[QUOTE=pagl;2307093]Surely access on non-match days doesn’t need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I haven’t been up there so assuming.

But lift repairs and replacement is something that has to be managed and available. I know the board spent a lot of time on the control operating board and getting it fixed but dont know if this is the same problem.

If it’s down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.[/QUOTE]

This is my point Pagl. If it was known that every-time the lift failed we would be struggling to fix it, why hasn’t it been highlighted that a new lift is required? (I’ve not seen/heard anything on Harris FM or TV to suggest it does).

Vorporix 11th October 2019 20.41:47

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307094]It’s a fact the club put go faster strips down the tunnel at whatever cost, and a fact money was spent moving the dugouts. The lift is surely more important than both of these (improvements)?

[B]I’ve no doubt Phil did work hard to get people in to sort the issues.[/B] But why are we still struggling with it now? If it’s that costly and difficult to maintain it should of been patched up and a replacement sourced.[/QUOTE]

It was your comment about speaking to an engineer to sort it out that I disagreed with - Phil spent ages trying to sort it.

I do agree with your comment on the importance - looking after disabled fans should be one of our priorites.

pagl 11th October 2019 20.44:50

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2307097]This is my point Pagl. If it was known that every-time the lift failed we would be struggling to fix it, why hasn’t it been highlighted that a new lift is required? (I’ve not seen/heard anything on Harris FM or TV to suggest it does).[/QUOTE]

Yeh. Why isn’t it working and what’s the cost to repair or replace?

Ryans the man 11th October 2019 22.23:48

When I worked that area the lift was not very reliable. Did break down with fans inside. Would make unhealthy groans and stop short of level position. The was issue of either the lift manufacturer or the software company going out if business. Don't thing it was ever designed to be in such regular use.

pagl 11th October 2019 23.20:59

[QUOTE=Ryans the man;2307111]When I worked that area the lift was not very reliable. Did break down with fans inside. Would make unhealthy groans and stop short of level position. The was issue of either the lift manufacturer or the software company going out if business. Don't thing it was ever designed to be in such regular use.[/QUOTE]

You mean regular as every 2 weeks?

Wxm boy 12th October 2019 08.15:19

[QUOTE=pagl;2307120]You mean regular as every 2 weeks?[/QUOTE]

Yes, can only handle a journey every couple of months....

fluffysheepsupporter 12th October 2019 08.40:49

[QUOTE=pagl;2307093]Surely access on non-match days doesn’t need the lift and can be done via stairs or something. I haven’t been up there so assuming.

If it’s down to money then happy to put £100 in to start a replacement/repair fund off.[/QUOTE]

You need to climb a fair number of steps to reach the top of the MRS from the pitch or from inside the club. Yes , I have done both. Have also had a wife who needed a wheelchair to move any distance. So I am afraid you assume wrongly. It should be a priority repair.

terrytactics 12th October 2019 08.48:12

There must be a quick fix in place before Tuesday because invites to go on the platform have already gone out.

Quay Red 12th October 2019 08.59:15

The club are trying to encourage stadium use 7 days a week. Parties, conferences etc.
The lift is important as not everyone is able to climb the steps. Any disabled person attending a function would be let down and Semi ambulant people would find climbing steps are real chore.

Foxy 12th October 2019 09.29:42

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2307146]The club are trying to encourage stadium use 7 days a week. Parties, conferences etc.
The lift is important as not everyone is able to climb the steps. Any disabled person attending a function would be let down and Semi ambulant people would find climbing steps are real chore.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t the club fall foul of the Disability and Discrimination Act ?

Answer Release 12th October 2019 10.29:25

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2307021]One of the reasons given for not extending the existing platform was that the lift was unreliable.
My answer was Get a lift that is.

The existing lift is dated, the supplier has gone out of business and maintenance is a problem due to lack of information and parts. Temporary fixes are just that.

Credit to Phil Salmon and others for doing the work to ensure that it does work most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been involved with the replacement and maintenance of many lifts in recent years. Any competent company would be able to repair / source parts. There are many buildings functioning with much older lifts. This isn’t even a heavily used lift either.

Whilst I acknowledge that older carts probably generate more regular issues, the club need to decide on either instructing a suitable maintenance contract and the costs associated against its replacement.

The lift industry is a bit of a rogue one, they’re all in bed together and do little for any less than great margins so either maintaining or replacement won’t come cheap.

Vambo 12th October 2019 10.54:14

Do the shafts tend to be a few generic sizes, or is each shaft designed specifically for a certain make and model?

Inside Left 12th October 2019 11.55:30

The Mold Road Stand was built on the cheap and has a few issues re its design. Unfortunately it falls to the club now to rectify matters.

How well is the Altitude suite used these days which was the brain child of our blessed previous owners and charged to the club ?

pagl 12th October 2019 12.02:10

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2307143]You need to climb a fair number of steps to reach the top of the MRS from the pitch or from inside the club. Yes , I have done both. Have also had a wife who needed a wheelchair to move any distance. So I am afraid you assume wrongly. It should be a priority repair.[/QUOTE]

Cheers. If as QR states as well were looking at 7 day access then the lift is a priority. Not that it wasn’t a priority for match days.

Jaded 12th October 2019 12.06:24

[QUOTE=pagl;2307178]Cheers. If as QR states as well were looking at 7 day access then the lift is a priority. Not that it wasn’t a priority for match days.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Anyone know how long there have been problems with it?

Ryans the man 12th October 2019 19.35:00

At least 10 years

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.40:23.