RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 11.06:11

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304832]Yeah of course, GP could have done it in his spare time.[/QUOTE]

Or during the working week.

Like I said. Employ someone to run the day to day running of the club to deal with this sort of thing if it's too time consuming as a volunteer.

A full-time, professional football club should not be run on volunteers alone.

michaelps 7th October 2019 11.11:23

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2304838]Or during the working week.

Like I said. Employ someone to run the day to day running of the club to deal with this sort of thing if it's too time consuming as a volunteer.

A full-time, professional football club should not be run on volunteers alone.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, yet another reason, this whole sorry event, why we need at least one professional businessman, full time, independent and an outsider to help the board. I accept that would cost say 50K p.a., maybe just under, maybe just over.

However I rather suspect that is less than the amount we have had to pay off managers and coaches with over the last couple of years given contractual issues and questionable appointments. It is certainly a small sum compared to the monies the club gained when we had a professional full time businessman, i.e. Don Bircham, involved running the club and helping out the board in terms of the sell on fees negotiated for Ward/Taylor/Moult.

It's not can we afford a professional CEO it can we afford not to have one as we lurch from one error to the next losing fans game by game. If the board had the best interests of the club at heart they'd accept they need help. It is the bigger man who admits that rather than who stumbles on totally out of his depth.

Nibs 7th October 2019 11.13:33

Wow just wow. This club could not get any more tinpot if we tried....run by a load of ego driven individuals, who have ideas well above their station.

Sad to see, really is.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 11.16:47

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304773]Knob[/QUOTE]

Anyone who supports this current board are exactly this, bravo

Phils-an-alki 7th October 2019 11.18:22

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2304848]Anyone who supports this current board are exactly this, bravo[/QUOTE]

He's admitted he's not even a fan. Time to ignore the troll.

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 11.20:04

[QUOTE=michaelps;2304841]Exactly, yet another reason, this whole sorry event, why we need at least one professional businessman, full time, independent and an outsider to help the board. I accept that would cost say 50K p.a., maybe just under, maybe just over.

However I rather suspect that is less than the amount we have had to pay off managers and coaches with over the last couple of years given contractual issues and questionable appointments. It is certainly a small sum compared to the monies the club gained when we had a professional full time businessman, i.e. Don Bircham, involved running the club and helping out the board in terms of the sell on fees negotiated for Ward/Taylor/Moult.

It's not can we afford a professional CEO it can we afford not to have one as we lurch from one error to the next losing fans game by game. If the board had the best interests of the club at heart they'd accept they need help. It is the bigger man who admits that rather than who stumbles on totally out of his depth.[/QUOTE]

Nail on head... excellent post. It does seem we have gone backwards since then.

Vambo 7th October 2019 11.35:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2304851]He's admitted he's not even a fan. Time to ignore the troll.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you and Dix 6 posts before you respond, you can't help yourselves, you think it's your board.
You should try another hobby, like maybe attending games.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 11.38:39

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304863]I'll give you and Dix 6 posts before you respond, you can't help yourselves, you think it's your board.
You should try another hobby, like maybe attending games.[/QUOTE]

You're talking to a season ticket holder who goes to away games when I can afford it mate, so don't start that shit again. Stop supporting this current circus for gods sake.

terrytactics 7th October 2019 11.41:43

I’m extremely disappointed with this news however, not surprised. I strongly believe that it’s long been a hidden agenda by the WST to undermine the DSA because of its independent status and willingness to hold the WST/Club to account over disabled supporter issues. I say this as a former WST board member who was ‘tasked’ with initiating and running the DSA. Having done so, almost every request made to the WST/Club by the DSA thereafter was greeted with a mixture of responses from board members; some individuals were very positive but certain ‘key’ members were negative or apathetic. It was noticeable over time that the successes being achieved by the DSA weren’t being received with the full backing of the WST/Club as would normally be expected. This has culminated in the fiasco we’ve seen over the second platform; a wholly unnecessary mess created by the WST/Club because of their unwillingness to fully engage with the DSA: Why? Because they dislike taking advice from a successful independent voluntary group. Irony eh!
The DSA successes by the way have included:
Initiating monthly dementia friendly meetings.
Initiating autism friendly match days.
Manning disabled car parking spaces on match days.
Running transport to away matches for wheelchair fans (including Wembley three times).
Raising funds and implementing the provision of the first wheelchair viewing platform.
Manning and organising the rota for the wheelchair viewing platform.
Initiating the provision of half time refreshments in situ for wheelchair supporters.
Initiating the ADC scheme for partially sighted fans.
Fund raising for the provision of a second wheelchair viewing platform.
Payment for the provision of architectural work and advice for the above.
Providing advice and support on disability matters to individuals and the WST/Club.

Clearly, the WST/Club do not want the DSA involved in these matters any longer; therefore my WST membership has just become unnecessary

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.46:10.