RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114667-statement-responding-social-media-storm-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform-sunday.html)

Rob 6th October 2019 22.44:40

Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

A rare 11:43pm statement on a Sunday night!

"The Wrexham Supporters Trust need to respond to a growing social media storm regarding the club taking over the stewarding of the viewing platform at the Racecourse from the Wrexham Disabled Supporters Association. It is important that the situation is clarified and people understand the background to the decision."

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/wst-statement-statement-regarding-wrexham-dsa-viewing-platform[/url]

Rob 6th October 2019 22.50:20

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

Assuming text I have seen is correct, DSA position is pitch award presentation was rejected because it 'was not a football club related award'.

Club says it was rejected "due to the tunnel area being restricted from 2pm onwards on matchday".

Who is right?

jacthelad 6th October 2019 22.52:31

Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform"

Full defense mode on that one.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WV1 6th October 2019 22.54:25

Whoever is right or wrong the whole thing is a mess.

A mess which to me sums up where the club is at the minute.

One thing after another.

Hometown Unicorn 6th October 2019 22.54:48

Unless he's been forced to write that at gunpoint, Carl Hogan should hang his head in shame.

As should the cowards who are hiding behind the 'Wrexham AFC Operations and Wrexham Supporters Trust Governing Body' name.

Rob 6th October 2019 22.56:01

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2304642]Unless he's been forced to write that at gunpoint, Carl Hogan should hang his head in shame.[/QUOTE]

Its likely just the username who has posted it on the official site, its 'signed' at the bottom.

"Issued jointly by: Wrexham AFC Operations and Wrexham Supporters Trust Governing Body."

Hometown Unicorn 6th October 2019 22.56:54

We've had presentations on the pitch before, where has this 2pm thing come from?

Hometown Unicorn 6th October 2019 22.57:39

[QUOTE=Rob;2304643]Its likely just the username who has posted it on the official site, its 'signed' at the bottom.

"Issued jointly by: Wrexham AFC Operations and Wrexham Supporters Trust Governing Body."[/QUOTE]

Right, that's fair enough.

I'd still never have something like this going out under my name.

Rob 6th October 2019 22.57:42

Also re-reading it, I can understand the need for emergency cover and sorting out say the next game or next handful of games.

Why the need to have a 19 hour deadline, that covers overnight, to then decide the entire of the season? It is the first week of October.

138+NotOut 6th October 2019 22.58:48

Spelling on these press releases are terrible

Hometown Unicorn 6th October 2019 23.02:15

To me, it looks as though they've rejected the DSA's notion to have their volunteers rightfully recognised without offering any alternatives. I can see why they weren't happy.

After the 2nd disabled platform fiasco, can you really blame them for going on strike? They stood up to the club and this is what's happened.

138+NotOut 6th October 2019 23.02:35

[QUOTE=Rob;2304647]Also re-reading it, I can understand the need for emergency cover and sorting out say the next game or next handful of games.

Why the need to have a 19 hour deadline, that covers overnight, to then decide the entire of the season? It is the first week of October.[/QUOTE]

Why on a Thursday when the game before was a Saturday. Could of been done before then. Board should understand people are volunteers and have priorities outside of role.

wrexhamandy 6th October 2019 23.02:49

[QUOTE=Rob;2304647]Also re-reading it, I can understand the need for emergency cover and sorting out say the next game or next handful of games.

Why the need to have a 19 hour deadline, that covers overnight, to then decide the entire of the season? It is the first week of October.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too.

All a sorry story if true.

Like mentioned above, why this no presentation rule all of a sudden?

The “strike”, one day before, and withholding names, if true, sounds a bit toys out of pram.

But the deadline for the entire season, not just one game, sounds ridiculous in return.

Cant everyone just get in a room and sort it?

Jaded 6th October 2019 23.17:52

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2304650]Why on a Thursday when the game before was a Saturday. Could of been done before then. Board should understand people are volunteers and have priorities outside of role.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Why couldn’t they have sent that email on Monday if they needed the reply by noon on Fri?

fezbob 6th October 2019 23.22:02

Why could a picture not be accommodated at a future game given the none football groups accommodated previously?

Why was kicking the DSA out for a whole season seen as the default option?

I don't think the club emphasising the word 'strike' and creating a list of what the club does vs the DSA is very helpful in de-escalating this situation.

Wreck Sam 6th October 2019 23.28:10

Poor people management skills. This should have been resolved long before it escalated out of control. It appears we do not have the required people management skills in place.

Wrexham_fan_4eva! 7th October 2019 03.33:11

I wouldn’t want my name associated with that statement

The 2pm thing is also a load of bull

pagl 7th October 2019 04.28:45

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2304650]Why on a Thursday when the game before was a Saturday. Could of been done before then. Board should understand people are volunteers and have priorities outside of role.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like 1 rule for 1 and then different for others.
The board use the volunteer card all the time yet haven’t allowed the DSA.
Or is there something more?

moynkeepthefaith 7th October 2019 05.42:05

[QUOTE=fezbob;2304658]Why could a picture not be accommodated at a future game given the none football groups accommodated previously?

Why was kicking the DSA out for a whole season seen as the default option?

I don't think the club emphasising the word 'strike' and creating a list of what the club does vs the DSA is very helpful in de-escalating this situation.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I agree that this has not been handled well and the wording is more confrontational than conciliatory.
However we always ask for transparency and now at least we know exactly what happened - whether we agree or not.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th October 2019 06.14:07

A lot more to it than the statement makes out, a lot more.

This story was lined up well over a week ago, still have a leak or people with multiple social media accounts.

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 06.50:25

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2304651]My thoughts too.

All a sorry story if true.

Like mentioned above, why this no presentation rule all of a sudden?

[B]The “strike”, one day before, and withholding names, if true, sounds a bit toys out of pram. [/B]

But the deadline for the entire season, not just one game, sounds ridiculous in return.

Cant everyone just get in a room and sort it?[/QUOTE]

[U]For the record,no names were withheld and such a threat was [B]NEVER[/B] made.Also, the DSA [B]did[/B] steward both the car park and the platform at that game[B].NO[/B] 'strike' ever took place.
[U]
[U]Add 'multiple falsehoods' to 'poor wording[/U][/U][/U]'.:31:

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 06.51:12

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2304675[B]][B]A lot more to it than the statement makes out, a lot more.
[/B][/B]
This story was lined up well over a week ago, still have a leak or people with multiple social media accounts.[/QUOTE]

You'd better believe it.

WXMWELSH85 7th October 2019 06.53:20

And the dsa part of the group mentioned? (Allies in access)

chef1 7th October 2019 07.01:04

why couldn’t they just have their presentation I don’t get it? Any good pr me ego is normally all over it

dlrwrexham 7th October 2019 07.04:30

Suggest merge threads ROb

Wrexy 7th October 2019 07.11:42

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2304679]You'd better believe it.[/QUOTE]

Second platform squabbles?

Foxy 7th October 2019 07.16:12

Seems like that there are two sides to every story. However, given their previous I don’t believe a word that comes out of the club anymore. The claim that the tunnel area is off limits after 2pm on match day in particular stretches credulity.

WrexhamO 7th October 2019 07.19:49

[QUOTE=Rob;2304638]Assuming text I have seen is correct, DSA position is pitch award presentation was rejected because it 'was not a football club related award'.

Club says it was rejected "due to the tunnel area being restricted from 2pm onwards on matchday".

Who is right?[/QUOTE]

Part of an email from the club:

"With regards to a presentation on the pitch I have been informed this won't be possible at a cup game, but also due to the fact it isn't a Wrexham AFC club related award I'm afraid."

Vambo 7th October 2019 07.41:03

Irony

Jenks87 7th October 2019 07.42:43

*ducks for cover*

I appreciate all the work the DSA do, but the group they wanted to get the award weren’t anything to do with Wrexham. Why should they be awarded their prize on the Racecourse and not at one of the Midlands clubs that they represent?

Could’ve been handled better but the club position seems reasonable, to be honest.

-luke 7th October 2019 07.45:23

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304699]Irony[/QUOTE]

Irony that andy replied am hour after the arbitrary deadline on his break in work and this was ignored?

WrexhamO 7th October 2019 07.51:26

[QUOTE=Jenks87;2304700]*ducks for cover*

I appreciate all the work the DSA do, but the group they wanted to get the award weren’t anything to do with Wrexham. Why should they be awarded their prize on the Racecourse and not at one of the Midlands clubs that they represent?

Could’ve been handled better but the club position seems reasonable, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Our DSA is very much part of this group and the meetings we attend and information we share helps to improve accessibility everywhere.
The group wanted to come to us as it is non league day and they wanted to see all the accessibility work going on at the club on a match day. Not just ours, Kerry's work too.

Complimentary tickets were something we were told by the club could be possible which is why we asked. Not getting them for the St Mirren game was no big deal as we could easily buy a dozen match day tickets for this game.

Ryans the man 7th October 2019 07.54:48

This is shocking by the club but both sides need to meet and sort this mess out. DOes not make good reading or PR. Was never like this when I stewarded the boxes, 1864 and platform. If have a difference of opinion seems you are pushed out even after years of service to the club.

Vambo 7th October 2019 07.57:12

[QUOTE=-luke;2304701]Irony that andy replied am hour after the arbitrary deadline on his break in work and this was ignored?[/QUOTE]

Yes, by volunteers who have other things to do too.

fezbob 7th October 2019 07.59:14

So, to sum up this morning's findings, all the roles usually fulfilled by the DSA were carried out by them on the day in question and the club sent an e-mail saying because it's not an award for the club you can't have a picture on the pitch.

Vambo 7th October 2019 07.59:52

It is an embarrassing public squabble, but hopefully now both sides have had their say the can get together and sort it out.

Vambo 7th October 2019 08.00:54

[QUOTE=fezbob;2304711]So, to sum up this morning's findings, all the roles usually fulfilled by the DSA were carried out by them on the day in question and the club sent an e-mail saying because it's not an award for the club you can't have a picture on the pitch.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

They said they could have a picture on the pitch.

Rob 7th October 2019 08.02:52

DSA doing a statement.

Andy Pierce says club has lied in statement.

“A statement will be released at the first available opportunity.
I said yesterday there were to sides but there are complete lies within that press release which imply grounds of unreasonable behaviour and which frankly isn't on.
And for anyone who thinks I've an axe to grind or anti-WST they should also know that proir to volunteering with the DSA, for 3 years I was a WST membership volunteer and along with 2 others kept the membership going.“

fezbob 7th October 2019 08.04:35

[QUOTE=Vambo;2304715]They said they could have a picture on the pitch.[/QUOTE]

Why not on a match day? Lest we forget the various non-football related visitors who are accommodated.

The club could have de-escalated this situation last night by releasing a brief statement saying it understands the upset about this situation and will look to meet to resolve the issue ASAP. Instead we get the usual info wars.

Iesty 7th October 2019 08.05:44

The whole daily club running is all becoming a bit embarrassing isn't it?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.55:03.