RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   A Question for the Board... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114672-question-board.html)

dixienormous 7th October 2019 21.45:18

Re: A Question for the Board...

I'd like to ask them when the feck are they going to step down?

John Neals Dynasty 7th October 2019 23.41:29

Daiversion seems to have appeared recently on here defending the indefensible.

Another Mills?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

billybersham 8th October 2019 04.06:16

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2305425]Daiversion seems to have appeared recently on here defending the indefensible.

Another Mills?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He must have had a few free tickets and feels obliged to take the boards side.

pagl 8th October 2019 04.12:26

[QUOTE=Daiversion;2305383]I can honestly say I’ve never heard so much rubbish in my life.
Don’t want to go up! Can’t afford to go up!
This is the kind of stuff you hear from those Wrexham prem league fans who just watch their team on television in the pub. You know the types who haven’t got a clue about Wrexham fc.[/QUOTE]

Go up. I think it’s more a case of stay up at the moment.
Have you looked at the league table?
How about the defensive problems?
Players performances are still not good enough.
Too many missed chances - over and over again.
Plus we have crowds dropped from over 5k to under 4k and fans giving away their STs.

Seems we’re struggling to stay up, never mind go up.
All this and appears we have spent the ‘budget’ and will not be able to replace players.

Exciting times...

DenbighRed 8th October 2019 04.30:12

For some on the board success on the pitch seems to be secondary to maintaining the purity of our status as a 'fan-owned community club'.

Reminds me of Corbyn's Labour Party in many ways - doesn't matter if we win or not, as long as we're morally correct.

I say this as someone that has always backed the Trust ownership, but these last few days I've become massively disillusioned with the decision makers at our club.

Bringing back Andy Davies is the final straw for me and I'll be taking a break from WFC.

rob_1072 8th October 2019 05.50:04

We can’t afford to get the top players in this League never mind L2. You can say about the extra cash we’d get in the league but all the other teams in L2 have access to that money also.

pagl 8th October 2019 06.16:23

As a fan owned club we should use our budget better.

How many times does it have to be said - quality over quantity.
We have McIntosh, Harris, Tollitt, Grant and we really could have 2-3 players and use the money better. Lets face it Grant was allowed to decide his own contract extension.

Put in one of the youngsters in the event of injury/suspension. Tharme could have been on bench Saturday.

Prodigal Dragon 8th October 2019 06.27:18

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2304908]We should be able to afford it though. We'd be on crowds of at least 5k a week. TV money. Parachute payments. And promotion was worth 850k (As far as I can recall.)[/QUOTE]

Agree. It is life in NL that is proving very difficult to manage because we lack the necessary funds to get back into the FL - not helped by our wasting much money on sub-standard players.

But my questions are:

Is WREXHAM AFC’s raison d’etre to support the WST?

Or is the WST’s raison d’etre to support WREXHAM AFC?

The Board and WST are perceived to be acting as if the former is their ‘be all and end all’. I am not yet convinced this is entirely so, but I do fear we risk the ‘tail wagging the dog’.:(

pagl 8th October 2019 07.33:40

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2305450]The Board and WST are perceived to be acting as if the former is their ‘be all and end all’. I am not yet convinced this is entirely so, but I do fear we risk the ‘tail wagging the dog’.:([/QUOTE]

Thats what we have now.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.01:46.