Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th October 2019, 07.59:28   #91-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Indeed.

Why do we still have fans who do not know their history?
Paranoid and stuck fast in the past. We all know what happened but we're hardly in the same situation now are we?
Old 10th October 2019, 08.03:07   #92-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Nice to see John back on here with one of his more recent usernames though, welcome back John, not going well at Utd is it?
Old 10th October 2019, 08.16:33   #93-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

If it is true that businesses can never stand still, then they must either be succeeding or failing.

Football clubs are businesses, and the same truism should therefore apply.

If football clubs are to be considered as successful in fans' terms, it suggests they must be promoted on a regular basis. But, in order for that to happen within the pyramid, they can only succeed for a limited time before becoming champions of the highest league.

After that, they must retain their championship - or be said (by fans) to be failing.

No club has ever stayed as League Champion indefinitely. (Not even TNS...) Yet, the fans of the Manures, Cities, Chelseas and so on seem satisfied to be "up there" for a while before calling for wholesale changes within their clubs in order to be "successful" again.

It really is a revolving door that allows one club to become champions today at the expense of the so-called failure of the one that won the championship last season.

A pound to a pinch of dogsh*t then that if we had been promoted last season, there would be some - on here - who would complain we were failing if we weren't champions again this season despite the improving performances of our opponents.

The same goes for every club in the country, all jostling throughout every season to gain as many points as possible despite their opponents' efforts. We did badly in the playoffs last season, but we also did better than every other club who finished outside the top seven - all seventeen of them. We will do better than this season's results suggest so far this season, but there is no magic bullet to ensure that we do so in every game, or every season. I've seen 62 seasons with Wrexham since I first went to Y Cae Ras as a 6 year old. Like every other club in the land, there have been ups and downs throughout that time.

We've had some dodgy owners in the past, but none of them has managed to kill the Wrexham fans' spirit. There's nothing dodgy about the current ownership either, and the club will succeed again - on the field as well as in the accounts - if supporters continue to give the club their support. Withdrawing that support - by refusing to attend games until the board is sacked, for example - hits the club's budget for players. Reducing our budget is going to have a negative effect on future results - fact.

Keep the faith lads! Doing the opposite is what will bring relegation, and what sane fan wants that?

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 10th October 2019 at 08.17:45..
Old 10th October 2019, 11.23:55   #94-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Nice to see John back on here with one of his more recent usernames though, welcome back John, not going well at Utd is it?
Who?
Old 10th October 2019, 12.40:27   #95-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

I think we're kidding ourselves if we believe a potential investor is scared off by the alleged paranoia and obsession with the past. My hunch is there are no potential investors waiting in the wings because they know there won't be a return on their investment.
Old 10th October 2019, 13.56:46   #96-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
I think we're kidding ourselves if we believe a potential investor is scared off by the alleged paranoia and obsession with the past. My hunch is there are no potential investors waiting in the wings because they know there won't be a return on their investment.
I 100% agree with the first bit. I actually think that some posts on here make us look a bit desperate and that may attract some very dodgy people. I think there maybe somebody local and decent out there who will come forward regardless of potential profit and then it would go to a vote. I will vote no mainly because even if they are ok will we have no say in who they sell to when they fail or just move on.
Old 10th October 2019, 14.39:18   #97-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Financial return no, emotional return on the other hand.

Anyway, not going to happen whilst the same faces sit at the top table so a bit like our season so far, all rather pointless.
Old 10th October 2019, 15.08:12   #98-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
what return on the investment have other owners got?

How much has pilley made from fleetwood? or the salford owners?
Old 10th October 2019, 15.09:29   #99-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Do I have to mention the 15 clubs in this division who have investment of millions and have nothing back from it Tom
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.16:52.