Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th October 2019, 20.46:06   #81-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Erm, we have egotists running the place atm.
Old 9th October 2019, 20.47:51   #82-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Indeed, we should be wary.

However crooks and conmen would seem less likely now as the carcass has already been picked pretty clean.

Depending on your viewpoint there's an argument that we already have egotists.
How come Chester got Gutterman, the Mad American Smith and Stephen Vaughan as their carcass had been picked pretty clean well before ?

For the record I think some of the current board need to move on as your second point does have some validity in my view.

Last edited by KM Red; 9th October 2019 at 20.50:54..
Old 9th October 2019, 20.50:41   #83-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
How come Chester got Gutterman, the Mad American Smith and Stephen Vaughan as their carcass had been picked pretty clean well before ?
You wouldn't welcome Bill Gates, we get it.

You're just happy to fail every year.
Old 9th October 2019, 21.01:24   #84-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
How come Chester got Gutterman, the Mad American Smith and Stephen Vaughan as their carcass had been picked pretty clean well before ?

For the record I think some of the current board need to move on as your second point does have some validity in my view.
I don't know what Gutterman an was after. It was a play-thing for Smith and Vaughan it was money movement.

Trust is short supply with the board at the moment, understandably. However we would have trust the board to safeguard the club with any investment/sale, acting on advice from legal professionals. It have to be put to a vote with the WST membership as well.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Old 9th October 2019, 21.01:34   #85-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
You wouldn't welcome Bill Gates, we get it.

You're just happy to fail every year.
No I am not happy to fail every year and there are many changes I would like to see. Not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water though.

If that is the best you can do then you have a poor argument. Tell us what you want in a new owner and come up with clubs that are well run and you would like us to emulate ? Surely this is not too much to ask from yourself and those that share your point of view ?
Old 9th October 2019, 21.36:15   #86-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

I want a first team to be proud of, my football team to be an established football league club again. It doesn't have to be a bloke throwing millions at it, but what we have now has failed/is failing and change is needed urgently
Old 9th October 2019, 21.47:40   #87-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colomiers Phoenix View Post
If only we could discover which Lucky bugger won the euromillions last night and scrounge a couple of million

It's mine all mine i'm not sharing it I'm going to stash it in the Cayman Islands sod Wrexham the board would pee it up the wall haha
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th October 2019, 21.54:57   #88-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Indeed, we should be wary.

However crooks and conmen would seem less likely now as the carcass has already been picked pretty clean.

Depending on your viewpoint there's an argument that we already have egotists.


At the end of the day it should be once bitten twice shy... We simply were Naive when it came to Moss and Roberts so soon after Hamilton.

So if we cannot see through chancers now then we never will.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 10th October 2019, 02.07:25   #89-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
At the end of the day it should be once bitten twice shy... We simply were Naive when it came to Moss and Roberts so soon after Hamilton.

So if we cannot see through chancers now then we never will.
Posted via mobile theme
The problem is that with WST it is/was more a case of giving up ownership.
Now with WAFC it’s a case of giving up control. They run the show now even if it’s on a part time basis.
__________________
Wrexham Goldline lottery, for just £1 a week help fund future stars
Old 10th October 2019, 06.49:59   #90-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
If you say so, I'm not sure. If we are to invite offers for investment in the club, then we do have to beware that crooks, conmen and egotists may well come circling. Nothing wrong with being wary, but that's not the same as being dismissive of any potential investor.
Of course, but I think the use of those words is used to alarm.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.43:53.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12