RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114680-wycombe-changing-100%25-fans-owned.html)

Foxy 7th October 2019 19.31:52

Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Wycombe , heralded as the proof of the success of fans ownership , are planning to change to a hybrid -25% fans owned. The chair of the supporters trust (take note Pete Jones) has said: “ the club has two options...cut our cloth accordingly (fans ownership) and find our level which is...National League. Or find a partner”. He is advocating that the trust give 75% to the partner.

He goes on to say “ as a fans owned club we are asking supporters to fund the deficit every year . But we just can’t keep doing that”.

He claims that they are now riding high in the league with ground investment because of their private investors, who have already put in significant finance in the last 12 months. And that now is the time to give those investors 75%.

Very refreshing to see an open minded and forward looking pragmatist in charge of a fans trust rather than someone obsessed with ideological purity and determined to fight the battles of ten years ago.

krux 7th October 2019 19.41:35

Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Very interesting.

It also contradicts the view that football league money is the missing piece.

We should definitely follow their lead.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Quay Red 7th October 2019 19.46:25

[QUOTE=Foxy;2305268]Wycombe , heralded as the proof of the success of fans ownership , are planning to change to a hybrid -25% fans owned. The chair of the supporters trust (take note Pete Jones) has said: “ the club has two options...cut our cloth accordingly (fans ownership) and find our level which is...National League. Or find a partner”. He is advocating that the trust give 75% to the partner.

He goes on to say “ as a fans owned club we are asking supporters to fund the deficit every year . But we just can’t keep doing that”.

[COLOR="Red"]He claims that they are now riding high in the league with ground investment because of their private investors, who have already put in significant finance in the last 12 months. And that now is the time to give those investors 75%.[/COLOR]

Very refreshing to see an open minded and forward looking pragmatist in charge of a fans trust rather than someone obsessed with ideological purity and determined to fight the battles of ten years ago.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Our problem at present is that we haven't got any investors.
Also significant that the Investor put money into a Fans owned club unconditionally and is now likely to be rewarded.

Rob 7th October 2019 19.47:27

For context this was bubbling away months ago so is nothing new - this from Jan [url]https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/january/an-open-letter-from-trevor-stroud/[/url]

Interesting to note things sounded rough off the pitch: "Faced with a concerning cashflow situation for the club over the winter months, and while negotiations have been continuing on the investment deal".

and "We are making sizeable losses each year in our current setup, and it is not either fair or viable to rely on ‘football fortune’ (cup runs and player sales) as a breakeven model each year."

"To be sustainable under Trust ownership would mean descaling the size of the on-field and off-field operations, and it will take the most optimistic of supporters to believe that that situation would not lead to a decline from our current league standing."

It is interesting to see the club appears to be sold but ground retained by the Trust, trust directors on board etc [url]http://wycombewandererstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/TRUST-MEETING-110719.pdf[/url] assuming those slides are matched in reality.

krux 7th October 2019 19.53:23

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2305277]Interesting. Our problem at present is that we haven't got any investors.
Also significant that the Investor put money into a Fans owned club unconditionally and is now likely to be rewarded.[/QUOTE]

We need to make efforts to find some!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ruthinred 7th October 2019 20.07:07

[QUOTE=krux;2305282]We need to make efforts to find some!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Bang on

This is my main grievance ,,

ruthinred 7th October 2019 20.09:37

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2305277]Interesting. Our problem at present is that we haven't got any investors.
Also significant that the Investor put money into a Fans owned club unconditionally and is now likely to be rewarded.[/QUOTE]

We haven't tried

The disregard shown to ext investment is what boils my piss

Forget the Keates/ DSA storms in a tea cup

Funny_Old_Game 7th October 2019 20.18:35

[QUOTE=krux;2305282]We need to make efforts to find some!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He doesn’t want us to find any. Hence why he’s straight in this thread pouring cold water on it.

dixienormous 7th October 2019 20.18:45

The board don't want any ffs

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.10:20.