RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates Interview (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114682-keates-interview.html)

Haruki 7th October 2019 19.53:50

Keates Interview

A few things struck me.

1). No directors present for the new manager press conference. First time I've not seen. Harris and Mills at one of these. I know they have jobs but given the tight timelines they imposed on the DSA I expected them to drop everything and be there.
2) it was left to Keates to awkwardly announce Davies was back and Flynn had left. Totally unprofessional behaviour.
3) Dixie was asked about heading up the interview process. He said he didn't know he had headed up anything. Clearly this club legend has been thrown under the bus by a spineless board without the bottle to attend the press conference.

cynprifathro 7th October 2019 19.56:23

Re: Keates Interview

At least the 'cringworthy' Peter Jones was not on the mike sucking up to Keates this time around!!!

Funny_Old_Game 7th October 2019 20.00:53

The media team lad too, got to feel a bit for him. The board obviously gave him duff information which he then puts out there, naively of course. Then they ask him to chair this awkward cringeworthy interview on his own.

jacthelad 7th October 2019 20.06:55

It was a self preservation act from the start. You kbrw it in the announcement when they said dixie had chose him and wst board ratified it. Absolving the club club board of any blame
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Foxy 7th October 2019 20.08:32

[QUOTE=Haruki;2305284]A few things struck me.

1). No directors present for the new manager press conference. First time I've not seen. Harris and Mills at one of these. I know they have jobs but given the tight timelines they imposed on the DSA I expected them to drop everything and be there.
2) it was left to Keates to awkwardly announce Davies was back and Flynn had left. Totally unprofessional behaviour.
3) Dixie was asked about heading up the interview process. He said he didn't know he had headed up anything. Clearly this club legend has been thrown under the bus by a spineless board without the bottle to attend the press conference.[/QUOTE]

All very bizarre . No doubt now that both Boards have lost it big time. They are effectively finished as purposeful entities.

fezbob 7th October 2019 20.10:57

I'm increasingly of the view the board are hidden in a bunker somewhere. Maybe the one at Borras Airfield?

Percy Sugden 7th October 2019 20.14:47

Quote from the Keates announcement.

“The recruitment process to appoint Dean as our first team manager [B]was headed up by former manager and player, now club president, Dixie McNeil[/B] on behalf of the Wrexham Supporters Trust. Dixie commented on the appointment saying: “I wish Dean all the very best of luck for the rest of the season. It’s really nice that he wanted to come back to the club and I hope that the Wrexham supporters will get behind Dean.”

Watch from 2.50 onwards....

[url]https://youtu.be/1AzytBBjWaU[/url]

More lies from the club.

joe 7th October 2019 20.33:45

Was very uncomfortable and awkward viewing all the way through. Especially when Keates had to announce himself that Flynn had left.

OneLoveWrexham 7th October 2019 20.37:00

Dixie was quick to distance himself away from making the decision

Wreck Sam 7th October 2019 20.40:25

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2305314]Dixie was quick to distance himself away from making the decision[/QUOTE]

Dixie has been used big time by the board.

paddockgraham 7th October 2019 20.43:38

we are in safe hands with Dixie, one of our best shotstoppers ever

WREXHAM TID 7th October 2019 21.18:09

Board are damed if they show up “look at arrogance appointing a manager fans didn’t want”

Damed if they don’t show up “board couldn’t even face the fans” “bet they couldn’t get time off work”

People wanted a football man to appoint the manager so Dixie led the process and not Spencer.

People wanted a full time assistant manager (rightly so) we get Andy Davies back and people are fuming.

I don’t agree with the board decisions over the last 12 months but they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t.

Percy Sugden 7th October 2019 21.20:28

[QUOTE=WREXHAM TID;2305359]Board are damed if they show up “look at arrogance appointing a manager fans didn’t want”

Damed if they don’t show up “board couldn’t even face the fans” “bet they couldn’t get time off work”

People wanted a football man to appoint the manager so Dixie led the process and not Spencer.

People wanted a full time assistant manager (rightly so) we get Andy Davies back and people are fuming.

I don’t agree with the board decisions over the last 12 months but they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Do you not have access to the interview before?

Dixie clearly states he didn’t lead any process. The board didn’t have to appoint keates. They could of chosen someone else.... surely then there are no calls of arrogance then???

redknight 7th October 2019 21.24:41

[QUOTE=WREXHAM TID;2305359]Board are damed if they show up “look at arrogance appointing a manager fans didn’t want”

Have to disagree with this. I believe on this occasion fans have quite rightly pointed out inconsistencies in the statement released and are pointing out the board were absent to answer to this and left it to what can only be described as a fall guy in Dixie and despite being titles a media manager, a bloke who is either misinformed, or unprepared to conduct the press meeting.
It was awful to.watch the media lad could, should have given a little better intro where he would have saved keates having to awkwardly reveal the assistant manager situation ...shoddy at best

WREXHAM TID 7th October 2019 21.32:06

[QUOTE=redknight;2305369]Have to disagree with this. I believe on this occasion fans have quite rightly pointed out inconsistencies in the statement released and are pointing out the board were absent to answer to this and left it to what can only be described as a fall guy in Dixie and despite being titles a media manager, a bloke who is either misinformed, or unprepared to conduct the press meeting.
It was awful to.watch the media lad could, should have given a little better intro where he would have saved keates having to awkwardly reveal the assistant manager situation ...shoddy at best[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% the board should have attended in my opinion.

But fans have called it the Spencer Harris show but then say he’s hiding to answer difficult questions when he takes a back seat. Let’s be honest none of the media team or leader would have asked a difficult question today anyway!

gazaw 7th October 2019 21.55:35

Let's just concentrate all our efforts in supporting the manager and the team in leading us up the table. These rants against the board in some cases are justified, however they seem to have become an obsession with some. The place to sort things out are at an AGM or EGM where we can have our say in an official capacity.

Wxmspiller 7th October 2019 23.11:36

Maybe a sign they have lost the faith of the fans , people are sick to the back teeth. time is up unfortunately you only need to look at the league table and it tells a very sorry story

GarryOggy 7th October 2019 23.18:13

[QUOTE=gazaw;2305392]Let's just concentrate all our efforts in supporting the manager and the team in leading us up the table. These rants against the board in some cases are justified, however they seem to have become an obsession with some. The place to sort things out are at an AGM or EGM where we can have our say in an official capacity.[/QUOTE]

They won't be happy until the board and Keates are run out of town. These are the ones that will take over the club.

Cenotaff 7th October 2019 23.32:47

[QUOTE=WREXHAM TID;2305382]I agree 100% the board should have attended in my opinion.

But fans have called it the Spencer Harris show but then say he’s hiding to answer difficult questions when he takes a back seat. Let’s be honest none of the media team or leader would have asked a difficult question today anyway!

They said Dixie headed up the recruitment process, Dixie clearly states he didn't and you still go with the line that he did to defend. It speaks volumes they weren't there for this appointment.

Woody 8th October 2019 03.24:13

Pleased Keates is back, good luck to him. Changes are urgently needed with the board, it will get ugly if this doesn't happen, I hope for the sake of the players and manager it happens sooner rather than later

Burgerboy 8th October 2019 06.45:48

Totally agree

sionwxm 8th October 2019 06.49:08

I agree with this also.

Funny_Old_Game 8th October 2019 07.12:18

[QUOTE=WREXHAM TID;2305359]People wanted a football man to appoint the manager so Dixie led the process and not Spencer. [/QUOTE]

Another one on the reel.

Colonel D 8th October 2019 07.14:08

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2305418]They won't be happy until the board and Keates are run out of town. These are the ones that will take over the club.[/QUOTE]

God help us !

CRUMBS 8th October 2019 07.23:54

So your happy the way it's being run then , astonishing look at the serial cock ups , they just go on and on and on , and your happy with that .

sparky 8th October 2019 07.38:22

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2305465]Another one on the reel.[/QUOTE]

Mind boggling isn't it. I don't know what's worse, The Villagers getting Dixie in to start with or some folk actually buying it.

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 07.40:00

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2305418]They won't be happy until the board and Keates are run out of town. These are the ones that will take over the club.[/QUOTE]

Sad and utterly desperate. Supporting failure speaks volumes about the sort of 'fan' you are. Plastic.

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 07.41:57

[QUOTE=sionwxm;2305454]I agree with this also.[/QUOTE]

Agreeing with something that's incorrect when all you have to do is listen to the press conference and hear the words come out of Dixie's mouth. Jaw dropping.

CRUMBS 8th October 2019 07.42:26

It's no wonder these scammers can make money out of people , they make a lot of money , when you look on here you can see the mentality of the sort the prey on , simple souls .

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th October 2019 08.15:47

This is all spot on. The board cant win at this point.

CRUMBS 8th October 2019 08.22:23

Spot on my foot , what a load of tosh , the Board completely and utterly brought this whole situation on themselves and totally cocked it up again .

Wreck Sam 8th October 2019 08.22:36

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2305511]This is all spot on. The board cant win at this point.[/QUOTE]

This has been the problem though hasn't it.... the board have operated as a we know best and see the club as a battle ground between us and them... as a game to win. Nobody can win with that mindset... certainly not the club.

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th October 2019 08.25:21

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2305519]This has been the problem though hasn't it.... the board have operated as a we know best and see the club as a battle ground between us and them... as a game to win. Nobody can win with that mindset... certainly not the club.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes. 100%, its most definitely a corner they have backed themselves into by making continued poor decisions.

Baring Keates pulling off a masterstroke I cant see it going away either. Even then, with this current board as soon as things go wrong (which they inevitably will to some degree, its football) the knives will be out all over again.

The club doesn't win you are right. All the bickering and nitpicking on both sides is really tiresome for me personally, prefer us to be talking about the football.

Hometown Unicorn 8th October 2019 08.26:33

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2305511]This is all spot on. The board cant win at this point.[/QUOTE]

The Dixie leading the process bit is wrong and you know it.

CRUMBS 8th October 2019 08.29:43

And yet KBF you say in your previous post , this is all spot on , are you contradicting yourself .

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 08.32:58

Apart from the bit he got wrong of course.

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th October 2019 08.43:22

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2305525]The Dixie leading the process bit is wrong and you know it.[/QUOTE]

The fans asked for a "football person" to be involved in the recruitment process. Is that not what he is? Why is it wrong, genuinely?

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2305530]And yet KBF you say in your previous post , this is all spot on , are you contradicting yourself .[/QUOTE]

I have contradicted anything. The board are damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point. I am not saying that is not their fault or not their doing because of decisions made, but that is the situation we are in. There was no possible way they could have presented Keates as manager and fans would have been happy. None.

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2305533]Apart from the bit he got wrong of course.[/QUOTE]

You've never been wrong on here no? Which bit was wrong?

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 08.48:08

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2305544]

You've never been wrong on here no? Which bit was wrong?[/QUOTE]

Its already on this thread but the part where he stated that Dixie 'headed the process' which Dixie denies in the press conference. My comment wasn't me stating I've never been wrong on here before and I've got no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Are you in a bad mood this morning or something? Don't take it out on me.

CRUMBS 8th October 2019 08.52:40

Always beats me why people try to make excuses for full grown men who know what they are doing , suppose this is off topic really .

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th October 2019 09.19:59

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2305549]Its already on this thread but the part where he stated that Dixie 'headed the process' which Dixie denies in the press conference. My comment wasn't me stating I've never been wrong on here before and I've got no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Are you in a bad mood this morning or something? Don't take it out on me.[/QUOTE]

Come on Phil, even you must be fed up of all this. No focus on the football, all in fighting. Just depressing.

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2305551]Always beats me why people try to make excuses for full grown men who know what they are doing , suppose this is off topic really .[/QUOTE]

I dont even follow the point you are trying to make. I made zero excuses for "full grown men" I was saying that the way things are at the moment between board and fans, WHATEVER sort of conference they put out was going to be poorly received. That's all.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.12:16.