Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th October 2019, 10.16:22   #21-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Red View Post

Even the EGM proposal was ill conceived and poorly executed. All it takes is a modicum of research beforehand and for people to follow the correct protocol but time after time the throwing your toys out of the pram approach seems to be favoured.
What correct protocol wasn't followed?

How do you know what approach was followed?

Did you really believe the first ever call for an EGM was going to be perfect? What did you expect, statements prepared by lawyers?

At least they have tried is all I can say. Better than just talking about it on here and better than waiting for someone else to do it then just looking for anyway to criticise it and pull it apart.

There are still loads of people who don't understand what the call for the EGM is, its been explained but many chose not to bother reading it.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 8th October 2019, 10.20:43   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Red View Post
Even the EGM proposal was ill conceived and poorly executed. All it takes is a modicum of research beforehand and for people to follow the correct protocol but time after time the throwing your toys out of the pram approach seems to be favoured.
To be honest I thought the call for the EGM has been well thought out and protocols followed?

If i'm understanding this correctly, the call for signatures is simply the first step in following the procedure. Enough signatures received, the group or persons responsible can draw up their full proposal and then call for the EGM in the correct manner.

I still can't see where protocol has been 'breached' so far? Someone can probably tell me...
Old 8th October 2019, 10.26:47   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
cardiffred's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Gareth Davies





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
Part of the problem has been that the same person can sit on the 2 boards. This leads to a lack of accountability. If a WAFC board member acts in a way that is not in the interests of the club (the club and not the status quo) then the WST should act on behalf of the club to address that problem. Clearly there is reason to believe that this isn't happening. Is the club serving the WST or is the WST doing what as members we are fully entitled to demand ? The WST are custodians of our club. The WAFC board should be accountable for driving the club forward on the field... not WST matters. An honest self appraisal is needed by those on the WST and WAFC boards if any good can come from where we find ourselves. I don't believe the part time input in key areas are in the best interests of the club. The waste of our budget over the years would maybe fund a person of vision that can see beyond what we have been delivered these last 8 years.
This.

There should only be one person who is on both boards - and their purpose on the WST board should be to hold the FC board to account.
Old 8th October 2019, 10.31:11   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
To be honest I thought the call for the EGM has been well thought out and protocols followed?

If i'm understanding this correctly, the call for signatures is simply the first step in following the procedure. Enough signatures received, the group or persons responsible can draw up their full proposal and then call for the EGM in the correct manner.

I still can't see where protocol has been 'breached' so far? Someone can probably tell me...
The correct way would’ve been to compile the motions before asking for support. Instead it led to pages and pages of posts, some useful, most not.

Nothing has been breached because nothing has been submitted. That’s the point, time and time again we get half arsed ideas on here with no proper resolution.

Yes, good on someone for trying to change something, but to the outsider reading this or someone from the club, it just makes us look as clueless as them.
Old 8th October 2019, 10.38:27   #25-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Red View Post
The correct way would’ve been to compile the motions before asking for support. Instead it led to pages and pages of posts, some useful, most not.

Nothing has been breached because nothing has been submitted. That’s the point, time and time again we get half arsed ideas on here with no proper resolution.

Yes, good on someone for trying to change something, but to the outsider reading this or someone from the club, it just makes us look as clueless as them.
Everyone knows best when armed with hindsight.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 8th October 2019, 10.45:07   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Rk11's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
You can't run a football club with volunteers it's pathetic and amateurish.

Power corrupts and both boards will do anything to stay in control.
Posted via mobile theme
I agree totally. People in paid positions also need to be more accountable. Stadium Manager is an obvious person to point the finger at.

Think having a lifespan is also important. The WST has had different people in charge at different times to do different jobs.

For me a good example is P.Salmon who does all of the maintenance and will have saved us a ridiculous amount of money, I am certain. We need to be in a position where we are not relying on that. It is not sustainable. And he's someone I know little about as a fan but have been impressed by and absolutely appreciate he will have saved us huge amounts of money over the years. He SHOULD be paid for those services and if we can't afford it then we need to know.

For the record, he is someone I have no issue with whatsoever being on the club board.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.14:59   #27-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
Wreck Sam's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rk11 View Post
I agree totally. People in paid positions also need to be more accountable. Stadium Manager is an obvious person to point the finger at.

Think having a lifespan is also important. The WST has had different people in charge at different times to do different jobs.

For me a good example is P.Salmon who does all of the maintenance and will have saved us a ridiculous amount of money, I am certain. We need to be in a position where we are not relying on that. It is not sustainable. And he's someone I know little about as a fan but have been impressed by and absolutely appreciate he will have saved us huge amounts of money over the years. He SHOULD be paid for those services and if we can't afford it then we need to know.

For the record, he is someone I have no issue with whatsoever being on the club board.
Agree with this. Unfortunately the current system will support the current level of where we are at if all goes well or National North if the waste and bad decision making continues. 8 years of decline is all the evidence we need. It all keeps coming back to having the vision of success defined. By now we should be relying less on volunteers for some roles. I still believe a healthy volunteer base in some areas can do nothing but enhance the club btw. This mindset that part time will be ok has been a driver for the waste of a competitive budget generated by our awesome support. That same support saved the club originally with excellent initiatives driven by RP. It is up to those on the boards currently to be honest about what they are contributing. Yes we can carry on at 5th tier where the exciting times will be escaping 6th tier... or we can have a vision that welcomes skill sets to reverse our decline and deliver the success that can be measured on the field. Im sure at least some currently sitting on the boards would welcome that approach but maybe not all. There is a big sea of opportunity out there but maybe the small pool we are currently in suits some ?
Old 8th October 2019, 11.17:24   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I may be being dumb here but,

Can a person be a director of the Club Board if they have been voted off the Trust Board? Ie. Do you have to be on the Trust Board to be a Club Board member?

Just wondering, because I believe some Trust board members are up for re-election next year (?) who coincidentally are also on the Club Board.

Therefore, would losing Trust Board status automatically lose Club Board status? If so, that is one avenue. If not, what's the point?
A trust board member can be voted off at an AGM or EGM.
The constitution requires that a majority of the football club board are from the WST board to ensure that decisions are made in line with trust policy.
I f a trust board member was deselected then, theoretically he could be co opted onto the FC board but even the most ardent Trust board member would be hard pressed to go against the wishes of a decision made at an EGM.
Sensible change needs to be thought through and alternative proposals would need to gain the members support,
A wholesale cull is not the answer, considered change is.
personally think the Keates appointment was lazy and the DSA decision was petulant. Doesn't anyone pick up a phone and talk these days or is it all down to text and 'E' Mail.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.20:27   #29-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
This.

There should only be one person who is on both boards - and their purpose on the WST board should be to hold the FC board to account.
Then you need a motion to change the constitution and that would require a 75% approval.

Currently the constitution allows for a majority representation from the WST.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.22:05   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
Beginning to wonder what's actually more important to them
. Wrexham FC, or them living their dreams out, running it with total control.
They may of set off with good intentions, but I don't think they can now let go that power.
They are certainly acting like the untouchables.

I'd hoped from day one, fans owned would just be temporary, as its very limited. After all, this is football, and failure to be even a bit successful, will eventually bite you in the arse

I agree with your post in it's entirety
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.08:20.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12