Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th October 2019, 11.17:24   #28-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Are the board concerned about losing fans and money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I may be being dumb here but,

Can a person be a director of the Club Board if they have been voted off the Trust Board? Ie. Do you have to be on the Trust Board to be a Club Board member?

Just wondering, because I believe some Trust board members are up for re-election next year (?) who coincidentally are also on the Club Board.

Therefore, would losing Trust Board status automatically lose Club Board status? If so, that is one avenue. If not, what's the point?
A trust board member can be voted off at an AGM or EGM.
The constitution requires that a majority of the football club board are from the WST board to ensure that decisions are made in line with trust policy.
I f a trust board member was deselected then, theoretically he could be co opted onto the FC board but even the most ardent Trust board member would be hard pressed to go against the wishes of a decision made at an EGM.
Sensible change needs to be thought through and alternative proposals would need to gain the members support,
A wholesale cull is not the answer, considered change is.
personally think the Keates appointment was lazy and the DSA decision was petulant. Doesn't anyone pick up a phone and talk these days or is it all down to text and 'E' Mail.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.20:27   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
This.

There should only be one person who is on both boards - and their purpose on the WST board should be to hold the FC board to account.
Then you need a motion to change the constitution and that would require a 75% approval.

Currently the constitution allows for a majority representation from the WST.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.22:05   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
Beginning to wonder what's actually more important to them
. Wrexham FC, or them living their dreams out, running it with total control.
They may of set off with good intentions, but I don't think they can now let go that power.
They are certainly acting like the untouchables.

I'd hoped from day one, fans owned would just be temporary, as its very limited. After all, this is football, and failure to be even a bit successful, will eventually bite you in the arse

I agree with your post in it's entirety
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th October 2019, 11.23:26   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not sure which thread to post this in and didn't want to start yet another new one.

My take on things:

Keates - objectively sensible appointment but may have wished to look elsewhere as clear he was going to be divisive

Davies - not impressed by him when he was manager but if you appoint Keates you have to let him work with who he feels best. Good that he is FT not PT.

DSA - All a bit of a sorry episode, wish they'd have resolved it in a non-public way. Club seem more at fault from what I've read but DSA could have done things to de-escalate.

Press conference - agree it was all a bit weird and uncomfortable. Not good Dixie verbally contradicted the statement and that Keates had to announce Flynn departure and Davies arrival.

That's my views out of the way, how how do we constructively resolve this mess? Getting more and more angry at the board and each other won't help our club flourish. Other than resign/sack Keates immediately what can the board realistically start doing to build bridges?

I am happy to email them with a summary of your suggestions but like Brexit the toxic polarised round and round debate and vitriol is depressing and unhelpful.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.24:40   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

The WST surely only need 1 person to sit on the WAFC board to keep an eye on things. If that person is seen to be not keeping an eye then it was the wrong appointment. People at board level have to take responsibility for the roles they were appointed for. Why does it need the majority to be from the WST board ? No point in having a separate WAFC board is there. If 5th tier is the exciting times then the WST need to come clean.

Last edited by Wreck Sam; 8th October 2019 at 11.27:52..
Old 8th October 2019, 11.29:15   #33-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rk11 View Post
I agree totally. People in paid positions also need to be more accountable. Stadium Manager is an obvious person to point the finger at.

Think having a lifespan is also important. The WST has had different people in charge at different times to do different jobs.

For me a good example is P.Salmon who does all of the maintenance and will have saved us a ridiculous amount of money, I am certain. We need to be in a position where we are not relying on that. It is not sustainable. And he's someone I know little about as a fan but have been impressed by and absolutely appreciate he will have saved us huge amounts of money over the years. He SHOULD be paid for those services and if we can't afford it then we need to know.

For the record, he is someone I have no issue with whatsoever being on the club board.

Good post -- For me the writing was on the wall when Bircham and Horne left although reason given was to concentrate on their new Fat Boar business I think that was a smokescreen regarding bigger problems and these 2 have not been replaced.

We have taken back a failed manager and his staff.. Look at the difference between him and Ricketts who is now doing well at Shrewsbury.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th October 2019, 11.39:25   #34-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

As I recall, there was a motion at a recent AGM to make AFC Board members elected by the members. This was defeated.
Old 8th October 2019, 11.44:00   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Then you need a motion to change the constitution and that would require a 75% approval.

Currently the constitution allows for a majority representation from the WST.
This is incorrect, a two thirds majority is required in order to change the constitution.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th October 2019, 15.41:07   #36-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL11 2AH View Post
This is incorrect, a two thirds majority is required in order to change the constitution.
Posted via mobile theme
I would refer you to the WST rules.
Section 50.1.1Any resolution to change the Society's rules and Section 51. a 75% majority is required as it's considered and Extraordinary resolution.

Also to ensure that it's clear - section 28.3 requires a minimum of 3 members of the trust board to be nominated for the club board.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.16:26.