RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Devonte Redmond signing going to tribunal (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114689-devonte-redmond-signing-going-tribunal.html)

fezbob 8th October 2019 09.37:22

Devonte Redmond signing going to tribunal

Apologies if it's been posted anywhere else, but I hadn't realised the Redmond signing was due before a tribunal.

I only noticed as it's stated in the most recent board minutes that the hearing was supposed to be held recently but has been postponed.

Hoping we get a better return on investment than we've had so far if we do have to pay a fee for him.

It's one of those signings I was quite excited about at the time.

LlayDragon 8th October 2019 09.39:45

Re: Devonte Redmond signing going to tribunal

This really is the week that keeps on giving.

NottsRed 8th October 2019 09.40:07

[QUOTE=fezbob;2305574]Apologies if it's been posted anywhere else, but I hadn't realised the Redmond signing was due before a tribunal.

I only noticed as it's stated in the most recent board minutes that the hearing was supposed to be held recently but has been postponed.

Hoping we get a better return on investment than we've had so far if we do have to pay a fee for him.

It's one of those signings I was quite excited about at the time.[/QUOTE]

Can we get our money back under the trade description act?

CRUMBS 8th October 2019 09.43:16

The man who wanted him has left the club as well .

podders 8th October 2019 09.45:48

Is this the reason why he has not been playing as much?

fezbob 8th October 2019 09.47:10

[QUOTE=podders;2305584]Is this the reason why he has not been playing as much?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have thought the amount of appearances he's made would have any impact on the compensation due as surely it's based on his value at the time of the sale? Could be wrong though.

Ooh aah Paskin 8th October 2019 09.47:21

[QUOTE=podders;2305584]Is this the reason why he has not been playing as much?[/QUOTE]

Shrewd move that.
Look, he isn't that good, hardly plays. Not worth anything, we were shafted m'lud.

We pay a lower fee.

;)

KingBuxton_Forever red 8th October 2019 09.48:54

Cant we just return him, was there not a cooling off period?

moynkeepthefaith 8th October 2019 09.49:04

[QUOTE=fezbob;2305574]Apologies if it's been posted anywhere else, but I hadn't realised the Redmond signing was due before a tribunal.

It's one of those signings I was quite excited about at the time.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that I was also excited and agree that he has been very disappointing.

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 09.59:35

I still believe there's a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't been good enough for us so far. Only seen brief glimpses of what he can do.

Ooh aah Paskin 8th October 2019 10.15:38

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2305593]I still believe there's a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't been good enough for us so far. Only seen brief glimpses of what he can do.[/QUOTE]

Probably right player, wrong system.
As per usual.

Phils-an-alki 8th October 2019 10.19:22

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2305601]Probably right player, wrong system.
As per usual.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly confident he'll have a good career at a higher level. I'm also fairly confident that he won't achieve that here, like so many other players who fail here but do reasonably well after they leave.

Too many player have fallen into that bracket here for it to be coincidence.

#pepdarlington

Iesty 8th October 2019 10.21:09

I cant see how Salford can argue they have developed him much though - wasn't he only there for 6 months???

I would be surprised if it is more than £10k

Ooh aah Paskin 8th October 2019 10.23:16

[QUOTE=Iesty;2305606]I cant see how Salford can argue they have developed him much though - wasn't he only there for 6 months???

I would be surprised if it is more than £10k[/QUOTE]

They got promoted? Integral part of the team?
I'm sure the class of 92 are putting their own spin on it right now, and everyone will believe them, the darlings.

:D;)

EnglishRed 8th October 2019 11.16:55

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2305593]I still believe there's a good player in there somewhere but he hasn't been good enough for us so far. Only seen brief glimpses of what he can do.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my feelings too. He needs to develop a bit more as at present he does not influence games enough (if at all!)

I said this about Akil Wright a few seasons ago and look how that turned out...

welshian 8th October 2019 11.25:01

With some decent coaching he might improve, unfortunately ....

jacthelad 8th October 2019 11.27:47

Cant we just let them have him back
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 8th October 2019 11.36:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2305604]I'm fairly confident he'll have a good career at a higher level. I'm also fairly confident that he won't achieve that here, like so many other players who fail here but do reasonably well after they leave.

Too many player have fallen into that bracket here for it to be coincidence.

#pepdarlington[/QUOTE]

Spoke to a well known ex footballer and manager on Monday. He was pretty sure where the problem was with us, and he also commented how negative a certain person at the club was.

marathonplny 8th October 2019 11.45:09

Tell us more Dixie

WV1 8th October 2019 11.47:53

Without doubt there is a player there.

Needs some confidence and playing in his right position and he’ll come good

Funny_Old_Game 8th October 2019 11.59:33

He has the work rate of Dom Vose and a tenth of the ability.

redone 8th October 2019 12.03:59

hes the marquee signing, and plays like he couldnt give a shit,mind you if he thinks Mctominey of Utd is the hardest player hes faced, god help him

sparky 8th October 2019 12.08:00

Can only see him going one way during Keatesball. He'll be off in January.

redavid 8th October 2019 12.21:43

You Know What , that seems to be the case with a lot of our signings,We pick up players with good reputations and turn them into Mr. Useless :confused: Wonder if its something to do with the coaching :(

Prodigal Dragon 8th October 2019 12.24:04

Don't write him off just yet. He has ability but lacks application when it gets physical.

John Neals Dynasty 8th October 2019 12.29:28

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2305713]Don't write him off just yet. He has ability but lacks application when it gets physical.[/QUOTE]

What I've seen of him for a young lad he seems to lack fitness and interest, coming from a big club like United to a struggling non-league club has probably hit his confidence to.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

moynkeepthefaith 8th October 2019 12.43:12

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2305717]What I've seen of him for a young lad he seems to lack fitness and interest, coming from a big club like United to a struggling non-league club has probably hit his confidence to.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I see it JND - blaming tactics or coaching for a complete lack of interest IMO is stretching a point. We can only hope that the new regime are able to tap into the alleged skillset and use it.

joe 8th October 2019 13.32:02

Guarantee after he eventually gets loaded off by us he goes on to have a decent Football League career.

Red Light 8th October 2019 13.43:05

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2305587]Cant we just return him, was there not a cooling off period?[/QUOTE]

Sell him, spares or repair - no wonder Salford got rid.

If we have to pay a fee for him it just takes the biscuit - how long was remaining on his contract at Salford before he signed for us ?

moldroadred 8th October 2019 13.43:34

[QUOTE=Iesty;2305606]I cant see how Salford can argue they have developed him much though - wasn't he only there for 6 months???

I would be surprised if it is more than £10k[/QUOTE]

Be surprised if it is as much as that! Signed for Salford on 31st January so only been there for 4 months of the season.

Ooh aah Paskin 8th October 2019 14.17:46

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2305769]Be surprised if it is as much as that! Signed for Salford on 31st January so only been there for 4 months of the season.[/QUOTE]

Salford need every penny. Obviously struggling financially. ;)

OneLoveWrexham 8th October 2019 16.06:39

I am sure Salford will try and squeeze as much money as possible, at least that stupid tweet would of helped things.

Percy Sugden 8th October 2019 16.47:05

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2305843]I am sure Salford will try and squeeze as much money as possible, at least that stupid tweet would of helped things.[/QUOTE]

He was quite a “cheeky” signing by the looks of it!

swanseared 8th October 2019 16.50:30

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2305843]I am sure Salford will try and squeeze as much money as possible, at least that stupid tweet would of helped things.[/QUOTE]

Which tweet was that?

BP Red 8th October 2019 17.08:03

[QUOTE=Red Light;2305768]Sell him, spares or repair - no wonder Salford got rid.

If we have to pay a fee for him it just takes the biscuit - how long was remaining on his contract at Salford before he signed for us ?[/QUOTE]

If they ‘got rid’ there wouldn’t be a need for a tribunal. It’s because they offered him a contract that we’re in this position.

andywrex90 8th October 2019 17.11:29

I agree with this on the times I have seen him.. he actually makes some good off the ball runs but I’m not sure he’ll ever get picked out playing the way we do.

But agree he needs to do more as do pretty much every single player in that squad !!

Colonel D 8th October 2019 17.22:49

We could make out a good case for Salford paying us for signing him !
He can be half decent if there is no opposition player within 10 ft of him. He definitely doesn’t do physical.

standman 8th October 2019 18.13:04

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2305587]Cant we just return him, was there not a cooling off period?[/QUOTE]

14 days by law, can only return now if faulty and proven that the goods were never fit for purpose.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.44:52.