RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   BBC: "Wrexham FC in ticket row with disabled supporters' group" (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114691-bbc-wrexham-fc-ticket-row-disabled-supporters-group.html)

Wrexy 9th October 2019 14.22:48

Re: BBC: "Wrexham FC in ticket row with disabled supporters' group"

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2305891]This is causing reputational damage now.

Irrespective of the poor decisions that have got to this point, entrenched positions need to be relinquished and relationships patched up.

Sorry to drop it on your doorstep Pete Jones, but as WST Chair you can't remain silent any more. It's incumbent upon the holder of that post to pull the rapidly unravelling situation together, draw people back out of their silos, retrieve that reputation, clean it up and put it back up where it was.[/QUOTE]

Certainly is. I work in London and one of my colleagues spotted the story on the BBC football feed (it was later moved to News).

His exact words were: "...this is damaging the reputation of a football club that lots of neutrals have a soft spot for because of your FA Cup giant killing."

When I told him the full story he couldn't believe that a fan owned club had behaved this way.

dixienormous 9th October 2019 14.29:56

I find it quite frankly disgraceful the board haven't stepped down.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 9th October 2019 16.44:39

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2306530]I find it quite frankly disgraceful the board haven't stepped down.[/QUOTE]

Aggrieved by everything, ashamed of nothing.

WrexhamO 9th October 2019 17.38:18

Leader are on it now too.

andy buckley 9th October 2019 19.15:01

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2306579]Leader are on it now too.[/QUOTE]

Better late than never hopefully they will highlight the lack of progress in the building of the 2nd disabled platform

Colomiers Phoenix 9th October 2019 19.22:02

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2306604]Better late than never hopefully they will highlight the lack of progress in the building of the 2nd disabled platform[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the Leader could sponsor the Platform, how their commitment to the community which provides much of their revenue

Percy Sugden 9th October 2019 20.21:42

[QUOTE=Colomiers Phoenix;2306606]Perhaps the Leader could sponsor the Platform, how their commitment to the community which provides much of their revenue[/QUOTE]

And maybe the board can apologise?

Colomiers Phoenix 9th October 2019 20.27:29

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2306622]And maybe the board can apologise?[/QUOTE]

just trying to suggest a positive that could come out of a very negative situation. so many demands on here for arses to be bared

Rob Edwards 9th October 2019 21.02:43

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2306526]Fat chance. Weak as piss.[/QUOTE]

If Pete Jones is not prepared to even speak out on this he should stand down as Chairman of the WST or prepare to be deselected at the earliest opportunity.
It is embarrassing for Wrexham FC to have such an apparently weak person as WST Chairman.Seemingly very much in the inner circle which goes before everything else clearly.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.38:55.