Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th October 2019, 20.20:44   #61-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
At least when he went it was done above board and he was not tapped up and didn't negotiate behind the club's back like Sammy Snake did.

Assuming non of the past bitterness had gone on who would you rather was back here Keates or Ricketts? I know who is the better of them and it would be Ricketts for me.

You call him a snake but he left with over half the season left and the usual suspects never tried to persuade him to stay. Whereas Keates walked out when 4th with 8 games to go and that's what gets mine and other fans backs up, he would of done the same if it had been another division one club don't give me it was his Hometown club it was money, no problem with that it's the bull I don't like, the dismissal with a grin on his face when he said it was the past at his welcome back

But he's here now and just because he did ok last time it does not guarantee he will this time, football ain't that simple after all his only achievement as a manager was being sacked leaving his club in an inevitable relegation and playing dreadful football.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 10th October 2019, 10.53:39   #62-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Would an apology from Dean Keates ease tensions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
At least when he went it was done above board and he was not tapped up and didn't negotiate behind the club's back like Sammy Snake did.
How is your favourite Red Poison twitter account doing these days? Have you liked anymore of their tweets recently?
Old 10th October 2019, 11.41:14   #63-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Kop end of Yale stand
Twitter: @kensdavies

No - he not nothing to apologise for - time to move on and get behind him and the team
Old 10th October 2019, 11.47:45   #64-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: ERS

I don't think he has anything to apologise for.

If results get better, all of this will die down. People get so het up about these things, he left us to join his boyhood club two leagues above, probably for more money. He's not a millionnaire who can pick and choose when jobs come up.

What I do agree with most, is that the board sadly, are out of their depth. Calls to sack the board etc are rubbish, as who else would run the club? I can't see that there are investors queuing up.
Old 10th October 2019, 11.53:38   #65-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 1982 View Post

If results get better, all of this will die down. People get so het up about these things, he left us to join his boyhood club two leagues above, probably for more money. He's not a millionnaire who can pick and choose when jobs come up.

What I do agree with most, is that the board sadly, are out of their depth. Calls to sack the board etc are rubbish, as who else would run the club? I can't see that there are investors queuing up.
That's the most confusing last paragraph I have ever read
Old 10th October 2019, 11.57:21   #66-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Considering how hostile the club is to investment there never will be.
Old 10th October 2019, 11.59:17   #67-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

No offence Red but you seem to contradict yourself here.
Old 10th October 2019, 12.30:01   #68-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenttoanderlechtin76 View Post
That's the most confusing last paragraph I have ever read

I would say the last paragraph was contradictory of himself.

As to the investors queuing up if I was looking to buy a house I would not knock on someones door if I liked the outside and ask them if they were going to sell it me if it wasn't up for sale.

To many terrified of the past, they need to get over it not all football club owners are crooks, we were just soft touches in the past we should of learned from that... It's like falling off a bike and being to scared to get back on.

Imho we have 2 choices carry on has we are watching the pennies but never progressing and happy to be non league or look for outside investment in a similar way to Swansea.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 10th October 2019, 12.56:10   #69-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I would say the last paragraph was contradictory of himself.

As to the investors queuing up if I was looking to buy a house I would not knock on someones door if I liked the outside and ask them if they were going to sell it me if it wasn't up for sale.

To many terrified of the past, they need to get over it not all football club owners are crooks, we were just soft touches in the past we should of learned from that... It's like falling off a bike and being to scared to get back on.

Imho we have 2 choices carry on has we are watching the pennies but never progressing and happy to be non league or look for outside investment in a similar way to Swansea.
Posted via mobile theme
Most fans would agree with you JND I know a lot of friends and family who used to go but don't bother anymore because the club shows no ambition to move forward and has been taken over by a clique who have gotten too comfortable in their little boardroom.

Tuesdays gate shows testament to that and the farce that has gone on since Ricketts left with nobody being made accountable proves what a joke we are becoming.

You cannot run a football club with volunteers it doesn't work and its NOT working.

Most of the bigger League clubs that have come down have managed to find their way back after a couple of seasons but here we are 12 yrs later further away than ever with a split fan base a rotting stadium and another bang average football side who decide which manager they want to play for.

Sorry but we are a million miles away from returning to where our fans deserve to be and its all very sad indeed.
Old 10th October 2019, 13.22:30   #70-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I really can't see what harm would come of 'putting the feelers out' with regards investment. Letting the world know that Wrexham FC are 'considering investment options' and 'possible other ownership models' isn't going to bring the club crashing down.
There are still the protocols in place with regards potential queries and even after talking to investors, you don't HAVE to go with it (provided reasonable evidence can be given as to why not).

You do start to wonder if it is now an ego thing, or the idea of being thought a 'failure' because solely fans owned didn't work is holding the club back.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.18:38.