RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Would an apology from Dean Keates ease tensions? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114702-would-apology-dean-keates-ease-tensions.html)

bolan 10th October 2019 14.41:19

Re: Would an apology from Dean Keates ease tensions?

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2306329]Agree let’s move on and judge him on his performance over the rest of the season.
Barton’s comments about learning more in one afternoon with Keates say everything about BHs motivational skills and his appointment.[/QUOTE]

Or the fact that Barton got a game on Tues night!!!

howardrd 10th October 2019 17.08:41

All this aside, I would love to know the comparative salary he signed for this time compared to when he jumped ship. Personally I had no issue with him leaving for his home town club. I just hope, but somehow doubt, that the board were in control of the terms of his reinstatement.
At least his appointment has more credibility than the 3+ years handed to the novice Hughes

krux 10th October 2019 18.22:50

[QUOTE=howardrd;2306806]All this aside, I would love to know the comparative salary he signed for this time compared to when he jumped ship. Personally I had no issue with him leaving for his home town club. I just hope, but somehow doubt, that the board were in control of the terms of his reinstatement.
At least his appointment has more credibility than the 3+ years handed to the novice Hughes[/QUOTE]

Surely he is on more now to tempt him here. League one managers dont come cheap!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Vorporix 10th October 2019 18.28:31

[QUOTE=krux;2306813]Surely he is on more now to tempt him here. [B]League one managers dont come cheap![/B]
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Even failed ones :)

Huffy 10th October 2019 18.50:50

[QUOTE=krux;2306813]Surely he is on more now to tempt him here. League one managers dont come cheap!

I doubt it .
Do you honestly think hes going to want more to come back ,after leaving us like he did?
Similar money if my guess is right ,not more ??

John Neals Dynasty 10th October 2019 22.48:00

[QUOTE=krux;2306813]Surely he is on more now to tempt him here. League one managers dont come cheap!

On more? He is lucky we are a soft touch his CV was atrocious walked out on our club when 4th with 8 games to go, and gets the club he went to relegated in one season.

Another club looking at that CV of failure would not of touched him with a barge pole, so I don't think he was in any position to make demands.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 05.27:59

Have those on the board responsible, apologised for their awful behaviour yet?

Keates doesn’t need to say sorry but certain people do.

krux 11th October 2019 06.46:13

[quote=vorporix;2306815]even failed ones :)[/quote]

[quote=huffy;2306816]i doubt it .
Do you honestly think hes going to want more to come back ,after leaving us like he did?
Similar money if my guess is right ,not more ??[/quote]

[quote=john neals dynasty;2306846]on more? He is lucky we are a soft touch his cv was atrocious walked out on our club when 4th with 8 games to go, and gets the club he went to relegated in one season.

Another club looking at that cv of failure would not of touched him with a barge pole, so i don't think he was in any position to make demands.
[size=1][i]posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/quote]

Hee Hee :D

Prodigal Dragon 11th October 2019 07.11:37

The main reason why the gates are dropping is because the quality of football is poor and we are at the wrong end of the league.

The main reasons why we are down the wrong end and playing badly are more complex but essentially are: too many poor quality players signed by, motivated by and drilled by poor quality managers; and the lack of sufficient financial resources to sign better quality players.

The Board is responsible for choosing managers, and they and the WST are responsible for raising and giving the manager sufficient resources. They have provided enough resources to be challenging for the POs, but almost certainly not enough to guarantee promotion either via the POs or, preferably, by topping the league. However, the recent managers ( Mills, Davies, Barrow and Hughes) have proven to have been poor choices who squandered money and opportunities.

The return of Keates is either a wise move or a stupid move, depending on our prejudices and opinion. I am ambivalent, and will better judge him by Christmas. Hopefully by then we will be further up the league, albeit there is the risk we might be buried under a relegation fight.

Unfortunately, our finances are very tight and will only worsen unless results improve and fans return. Some fans have seemingly made the political decision not to return until the Board has been either improved or the WST’s role has been removed. That is up to individuals.

Personally, I still believe an EGM is required to improve how the Board functions, which includes fresh blood, and new and better processes.

We are in a perilous position. It is recoverable, but only if all sides compromise their positions without compromising the standard of football on the pitch. As a separate issue, the attitudes of certain, senior players should be reviewed and dealt with when appropriate.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.09:16.