RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST board member (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114709-wst-board-member.html)

Foxy 9th October 2019 21.25:46

WST board member

Several weeks ago an advert went out for a co-opted board member of the WST. The specific role was to get to grips with the membership issues and expand the numbers . It was apparently a “great opportunity to contribute to the success of the football club”. The deadline for applications was September 12th . Does anyone know if the successful applicant has joined the board , and if so what are their plans for expanding the membership ?

Inside Left 9th October 2019 21.38:58

Re: WST board member

[QUOTE=Foxy;2306643]Several weeks ago an advert went out for a co-opted board member of the WST. The specific role was to get to grips with the membership issues and expand the numbers . It was apparently a “great opportunity to contribute to the success of the football club”. The deadline for applications was September 12th . Does anyone know if the successful applicant has joined the board , and if so what are their plans for expanding the membership ?[/QUOTE]

If it is a co-oped position it will have to be considered by the WST board and then I guess agreed formally by them prior to any announcement.

Watch this space - well not this space exactly. The WST space.

Foxy 9th October 2019 21.42:23

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2306646]If it is a co-oped position it will have to be considered by the WST board and then I guess agreed formally by them prior to any announcement.

Watch this space - well not this space exactly. The WST space.[/QUOTE]

Deadline was sept 12th though. You would expect an appointment by now.

LL11 2AH 9th October 2019 21.48:23

The WST hold their board meetings on the last Wednesday of every month so that would have been on 25th September which was 14 days ago. Expect an announcement after a board member has read these posts to jolt them in to action.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 9th October 2019 22.03:58

Hopefully the ideal candidate for the job gets it.

RU :)

midlandred 10th October 2019 16.19:21

[QUOTE=LL11 2AH;2306651]The WST hold their board meetings on the last Wednesday of every month so that would have been on 25th September which was 14 days ago. Expect an announcement after a board member has read these posts to jolt them in to action.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I thought under the new rules of WST you had 19 hours to reply

Foxy 11th October 2019 07.08:55

[QUOTE=LL11 2AH;2306651]The WST hold their board meetings on the last Wednesday of every month so that would have been on 25th September which was 14 days ago. Expect an announcement after a board member has read these posts to jolt them in to action.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Well I’m none the wiser. It does seem strange that they advertised a role for a co-opted board member on September 5th and that nobody has been announced.

Ooh aah Paskin 11th October 2019 08.16:25

Someone said a couple of weeks ago a new member was going to be on the board, with no previous connection to Wrexham. I seem to recall this was in the furore around the manager appointment and before Keates was announced.

Obviously its not time for a good news announcement just yet. or the announcement would not necessarily have been viewed as good news!

I guess we will find out soon enough...

Percy Sugden 11th October 2019 08.57:33

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2306862]Someone said a couple of weeks ago a new member was going to be on the board, with no previous connection to Wrexham. I seem to recall this was in the furore around the manager appointment and before Keates was announced.

Obviously its not time for a good news announcement just yet. or the announcement would not necessarily have been viewed as good news!

I guess we will find out soon enough...[/QUOTE]

Yes I did!

Ooh aah Paskin 11th October 2019 08.58:59

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2306883]Yes I did![/QUOTE]

And...? :D

Is it you?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.58:50.