RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Gresford memorial shirts now on sale (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114715-gresford-memorial-shirts-now-sale.html)

Wrexy 11th October 2019 15.56:17

Gresford memorial shirts now on sale

85 made at £60 each:

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/retail-gresford-memorial-shirts-now-available?fbclid=IwAR0KwNOBWhoXSGjPIcLp_njgMSlQcypa_-VYTNDp1CfDyTd8x49vj-QNZgE[/url]

FieldtownRed 11th October 2019 16.03:22

Re: Gresford memorial shirts now on sale

60 quid is too much. They should charge usual amount and cut their profit margin to still give the money to charity. Charging extra means they’re making money out of the disaster.

FieldtownRed 11th October 2019 16.11:22

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2307035]60 quid is too much. They should charge usual amount and cut their profit margin to still give the money to charity. Charging extra means they’re making money out of the disaster.[/QUOTE]

Youth dept is part of the club after all.

harrye53 11th October 2019 19.59:25

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2307037]Youth dept is part of the club after all.[/QUOTE]

Hi Fieldtown Red . We had to decide what to do with these shirts because there was demand. Not an easy decision because we don’t want to make money on the back of this and Gresford are very happy what we are doing. As well as the 85 we have also had to pay for 24 first team shirts. We will give quite a few of these away , a couple to the Gresford fund, the museum etc
, frame one ourselves , sell a few to Sponsors who have asked so in reality the donation to the youth will will come out of our money . Hope you are ok with this but wasn’t an easy decision and nearly pulled it . Geoff

FieldtownRed 11th October 2019 20.27:33

[QUOTE=harrye53;2307080]Hi Fieldtown Red . We had to decide what to do with these shirts because there was demand. Not an easy decision because we don’t want to make money on the back of this and Gresford are very happy what we are doing. As well as the 85 we have also had to pay for 24 first team shirts. We will give quite a few of these away , a couple to the Gresford fund, the museum etc
, frame one ourselves , sell a few to Sponsors who have asked so in reality the donation to the youth will will come out of our money . Hope you are ok with this but wasn’t an easy decision and nearly pulled it . Geoff[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the 60 quid is to cover costs pretty much then. I guess if there’s a demand for them then fair enough.

Out of interest, what does the Colliery disaster fund do with monies raised?

Mr Wonderful 11th October 2019 21.03:04

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2307091]Sounds like the 60 quid is to cover costs pretty much then. I guess if there’s a demand for them then fair enough.

Out of interest, what does the Colliery disaster fund do with monies raised?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that, probably goes toward the upkeep of the memorial in the Pandy.
Maybe making 266 shirts would have been an idea. Just thinking out aloud, would never criticize such a gesture.

daisymay 11th October 2019 22.45:51

"As secretary of both North Wales Miners Association Trust & Friends of Gresford Colliery Disaster Memorial, I would like to assure you that monies raised by this very generous gesture will go towards keeping the memories of those 266 miners, many of whom died for the love of football.

One of the aims of the Trust is to educate schoolchildren about their mining heritage through visiting schools to talk to the children.

The Friends of GCDM are continually raising money to keep the memorial & garden safe for future generations.

Both the 'Trust' & the 'Friends' depend entirely on voluntary contributions.

On behalf of both committees I would like to thank Wrexham Supporters Trust & those who buy the shirts for this tremendous gesture."

Vorporix 12th October 2019 09.22:14

[QUOTE=daisymay;2307116]"As secretary of both North Wales Miners Association Trust & Friends of Gresford Colliery Disaster Memorial, I would like to assure you that monies raised by this very generous gesture will go towards keeping the memories of those 266 miners, many of whom died for the love of football.

One of the aims of the Trust is to educate schoolchildren about their mining heritage through visiting schools to talk to the children.

The Friends of GCDM are continually raising money to keep the memorial & garden safe for future generations.

Both the 'Trust' & the 'Friends' depend entirely on voluntary contributions.

On behalf of both committees I would like to thank Wrexham Supporters Trust & those who buy the shirts for this tremendous gesture."[/QUOTE]

Excellent - will be buying one today if there are any left......

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.28:28.