RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   St Mirren Colts Wafer Cup reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114718-st-mirren-colts-wafer-cup-reaction.html)

fezbob 12th October 2019 16.13:23

St Mirren Colts Wafer Cup reaction

We're gonna win the whole bloomin' thing! Entertaining enough game and a good opportunity for some fringe players to get minutes in. Tollitt was my MOTM with Redmond and Mcintosh not far behind. Young uns gave a good account of themselves too.

The biggest plus though was having Lainton back and looking fully fit. I await to be told the club should be shot for fielding a team now :)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 12th October 2019 16.17:30

Re: St Mirren Colts Wafer Cup reaction

Ffs,the nightmare continues.

That's my reaction.

Great news on lainton though. Will give everyone a lift if he trots out on Tuesday.

gwersyllt red 12th October 2019 16.18:44

O was very impressed with Matty Jones in the middle of the park. Encouraging that we continued to attack rather than sitting back. Tolliet was much better 2nd half when moved to the wing

fezbob 12th October 2019 16.19:57

[QUOTE=krux;2307288]Ffs,the nightmare continues.

That's my reaction.

Great news on lainton though. Will give everyone a lift if he trots out on Tuesday.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Have you been to the games? Not a defensive question btw just out of interest. If you accept the tournament for the non-event it is then it can be quite entertaining. I don't think being in it has harmed us so far.

NottinghamRed 12th October 2019 16.22:42

How much prize money in the bag have we got now? Tried to search online but couldn't find anything.

WAFCExile 12th October 2019 16.24:45

Last years’ winner only got £20k total prize money.

tokyored 12th October 2019 16.25:29

[QUOTE=NottinghamRed;2307291]How much prize money in the bag have we got now? Tried to search online but couldn't find anything.[/QUOTE]

Not sure for this season but under last year's sponsor losing 1/4 finalists got £8250.
Not exactly mega bucks.

krux 12th October 2019 16.27:30

[QUOTE=fezbob;2307290]Have you been to the games? Not a defensive question btw just out of interest. If you accept the tournament for the non-event it is then it can be quite entertaining. I don't think being in it has harmed us so far.

It has harmed us because we have postponed league matches on a Saturday. I dont know why that isn't obvious? What will the crowd be on Tuesday versus today? You can literally put a value on the harm.

fezbob 12th October 2019 16.31:20

[QUOTE=krux;2307294]It has harmed us because we have postponed league matches on a Saturday. I dont know why that isn't obvious? What will the crowd be on Tuesday versus today? You can literally put a value on the harm.

What's the alternative then, throw the game or do as the club are doing and using it to blood youth and give fringe players/those coming back from injury a chance?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.12:20.