Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd October 2019, 14.10:15   #1-0 (permalink)
Dormant User

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @WSTEGM2019

Default WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

To follow up on some comments on the original thread on this subject. It appears that some could not find the outline of the agenda post as it became buried in the ongoing discussion. So, to recap here is a repeat of that post.
We have a had a largely positive response to this EGM proposal leading us to believe it is welcomed by a large number of Wrexham fans and are now looking for all supportive club members to send their name, DOB and membership number to wstegm@outlook.com

Why are we doing this?

The immediate trigger for these actions is not the recent on pitch performances. While like all other fans, we feel the current position within the league table is not satisfactory, we believe it is a symptom and not the cause. We believe that the actions of, in particular, the Football Club board over an extended period of time have both directly and indirectly contributed towards our current position. Like the majority of fans, we acknowledge the great efforts of those people working in a voluntary capacity to provide financial stability, and we expect that they welcome this discussion regarding the future of the club in order to either inform change, or alternatively unify and repair the relationship between existing leadership and the fans.

Who are we?

A number of you have asked who we are. Why the secrecy? We do not wish to compromise the democracy of a vote in any way. If we can achieve enough names to trigger an EGM then clearly our names will be released. But right now, it doesn’t matter. We want people to get behind the idea of discussing change in a forum which as the membership base of Wrexham AFC we are all fully entitled to.

As a collective, we believe that amongst the current supporter base, and in particular the WST membership, the desire for change is strong. We are not individuals with a personal agenda, we are first and foremost fans of our great football club who share concerns about the current condition of our football club. We believe, that the relationship between the leadership team at Wrexham AFC (both the football club board, and the WST board) and the fans / members of the WST has become fragmented. We believe that if we do not address multiple issues and areas of concern, the disparity between fans and those in charge of our club will continue to grow. We are not proposing ourselves as suitable replacements for current board members, nor are we making suggestions of specific individuals as suitable candidates to take up key board positions within Trust or Club boards. We are attempting to invoke a democratic process and reasoned discussion regarding the future of our football club. Not My Wrexham, rather Our Wrexham.

The agenda

Again, to clarify our position, we have reasonable topics of discussion – but the first hurdle, as set out by the WST process is to garner the support for a meeting. Assuming we can make the meeting happen, the high level discussion points that we wish to address are detailed below:

• Address lack of full-time personnel and positions directly supporting the first team management. The long-term aim is to protect Wrexham AFC’s status as a full-time professional football club
• Seek organisational change at boardroom level due to the dissatisfaction amongst a population of the membership. We are not suggesting a complete replacement of board members, which we feel would be unreasonable and irresponsible. Maintaining stability through any period of change is essential
• Enact positive change to the procedures intended to hold directors accountable
• Request that appointments made to replace any outgoing board members are managed by the WST board, and that the skills gap within the area of football operations is addressed via the identification and appointment of a candidate with the pre-requisite skills and experience such as a director of football
• Place the role of WST chair under review, giving this role the remit to hold directors and board members accountable. Implement a time limitation on this role, and make it a directly elected role

This is not an exhaustive agenda, and in the interest of inclusivity, we welcome suggestions from voting members for agenda items, if you do wish to provide suggestions please email to wstegm@outlook.com when providing your membership details. As already stated, we do not have a personal agenda, and are not representing any organisation or party, just a concerned group of loyal fans willing to try and enact a positive change.
Old 2nd October 2019, 14.13:23   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGM 2019 View Post

Who are we?

Last edited by louisleftboot; 2nd October 2019 at 14.14:27..
Old 2nd October 2019, 14.26:41   #3-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
I find your lack of faith in the board disturbing.
Old 2nd October 2019, 14.39:54   #4-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

They have felt my presence?
Old 2nd October 2019, 15.20:59   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
They have felt my presence?
Yes - I saw the Luke on their faces!
Old 2nd October 2019, 15.31:22   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Yes - I saw the Luke on their faces!
No you didnt...
Old 2nd October 2019, 15.34:08   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
No you didnt...
True - I read about it on wookieleaks.....
Old 2nd October 2019, 16.44:48   #8-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Has the facebook page gone. Got added to one the other day but cant find it now. Get emailing people
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd October 2019, 16.56:38   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @froomielol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
True - I read about it on wookieleaks.....
I like where this is going
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.51:51.