RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Live meeting thread - KO 7:30pm (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114766-live-meeting-thread-ko-7-30pm.html)

Cartman 22nd October 2019 16.08:31

Re: Live meeting thread - KO 7:30pm

[QUOTE=REDGOG;2310266]From Quay's post

[I]He tried to suggest that Spencer was lying about Barrows resignation, suggesting that it was before the meet the manager meeting when in fact it was a number of days later. Spencer had the evidence to back his version up.[/I]

I must admit that I and my son attended Februarys meeting and both of our recollection's of the meeting was that it was stated from the top table that Barrow had indeed informed the club that he wanted to give up the role before the meet the manager meeting, the guy near the doorway stated the same thing but was told by PJ that he was not correct.

Richard latter stated that he was aware that Barrow had told Spencer that he wanted to quit before the meet the manager meeting ( after a FA Trophy game)

Spencer and Peter stated they had an e mail to prove the date of Barrow quitting. Perhaps Barrow had expressed his desire to leave earlier but had not made it official in writing hence the latter e mail?.

I am pretty sure of what I heard at the meeting in February and am not alone by the look of it. If this was true then it would be strange but possible understandable, however potentially denying it make it worse.[/QUOTE]

Spencer said at the last meeting that Barrow told him he wanted to step down "in the week leading up to the Fylde away game", which was January 19th.

Barrow Meet The Manager was January 16th, so looks like they could argue the toss one way or the other (though I'd suspect they already knew and had hopes of convincing him to stay). Terrible appointment from day 1.

What's not up for debate however is since the day Ricketts was approached by Shrewsbury, this club has turned into a circus with one catastrophic decision coming after another.

Bragging about "record points totals" is quite frankly embarrassing when we are floundering at our lowest point in existence. We got more league points than Bournemouth last season but I know which position I'd rather be in. I wasn't there last night but the board should have been laughed out of the room when Spencer dropped that clanger.

And if the footballing decisions weren't bad enough, they've now decided to pick a fight with the disabled wing of our fanbase. You honestly couldn't make the last 10 months up.

And that's without even mentioning the name Bryan Hughes.

Percy Sugden 22nd October 2019 16.16:11

[QUOTE=Cartman;2310278]Spencer said at the last meeting that Barrow told him he wanted to step down "in the week leading up to the Fylde away game", which was January 19th.

Barrow Meet The Manager was January 16th, so looks like they could argue the toss one way or the other (though I'd suspect they already knew and had hopes of convincing him to stay). Terrible appointment from day 1.

What's not up for debate however is since the day Ricketts was approached by Shrewsbury, this club has turned into a circus with one catastrophic decision coming after another.

Bragging about "record points totals" is quite frankly embarrassing when we are floundering at our lowest point in existence. We got more league points than Bournemouth last season but I know which position I'd rather be in. I wasn't there last night but the board should have been laughed out of the room when Spencer dropped that clanger.

And if the footballing decisions weren't bad enough, they've now decided to pick a fight with the disabled wing of our fanbase. You honestly couldn't make the last 10 months up.

And that's without even mentioning the name Bryan Hughes.[/QUOTE]

A record points total at the lowest level we’ve played at and no promotion.

Massive achievement by everyone all round.

mitchelltown 22nd October 2019 17.49:44

[QUOTE=juan16;2310104]I also attended last night's meeting and asked a couple of questions

I also asked 3 times why Bryan Hughes was appointed with his CV on the 3rd attempt Harris agreed with Yosser's CV he wouldn't have had an interview but that they had spoken to him on a another matter a few weeks previously and decided to interview him and give him the job.
[/QUOTE]

What do you think the other matter they had spoken to him on a another matter a few weeks previously?

Royal welsh red 22nd October 2019 17.58:02

[QUOTE=mitchelltown;2310292]What do you think the other matter they had spoken to him on a another matter a few weeks previously?[/QUOTE]

I thought that.

Only thing I can think of is scouting up the north-east.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.46:58.