Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd October 2019, 05.09:15   #64-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Live meeting thread - KO 7:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDGOG View Post
Some of the questions asked as I remember them

Question asked regarding the mistakes made over the last few years

Previous response given in February given again ( challenged latter by Richard regarding when Barrow told Spencer pre meet the manager or post meet the manager, both accused the other of being " mistaken".

Question regarding what happened with the DSA, this got very heated with the board on the back foot and sounding like they reiterated the decision to not use the volunteers going forward? Question from the DSA who leaked the accusation that the DSA had downed tools etc via twitter, board denied it was anyone on the board, when asked would they investigate the answer was "how would they investigate"

I didn't get the impression that anyone had learnt any lessons from the cock up.

Question regarding the latest resignation from the board. Board stated due to personal issues challenged again by a member with a text being produced stating a different reason.

Carl Darlington's role and performance as a coach being challenged ( not improving any players and negative football) Answer was all the managers wanted him and he is very good and a Wrexham fan like all of us.

Did anyone on the board think they should resign after all the mistakes- Answer no, we have done really well except for this year.

Did the board require new members to get away from group think, No we have all the skills required and have done really well 3 highest points total in our history and if we had beaten Orient we would have gone up.

Peter did announce that they are looking at a director of football going forward ( I think that's what he was suggesting I don't want to put words in to his mouth)

Was not an easy ride for the board tonight more questions asked but my memory is not what it was.

Well done to all for asking questions, at the start it didn't look like any would be asked
Wow, if I didn't think it before this has confirmed they are consumed by self importance.
And the old chestnut of the high points total and if we had beaten orient we would have gone up! Firstly, football doesn't work on ifs, it works on points. And if we had beaten orient in one game you can bet they wouldn't have drawn on the last day, or would have been more determined to win.
And high points totals mean nothing if we don't achieve anything from them. What did that high points total ultimately achieve? Nothing.
What did getting 98 points achieve? Nothing.
And, if they are happy to take the plaudits for getting this fantastic points total last season, are they also happy to admit a large portion of the blame in our failure? Doubt it. Yet they appointed a manager who said he didn't want it, allowed him to spend money when it was clear he wasn't going to stick around, then appointed a rookie into the job with no real past form when, surprisingly, we were still in with a shout after the January fiasco!
No, I didn't see them apologising for that. Or at least admitting mistakes were made.
Old 22nd October 2019, 05.58:48   #65-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

i really hate to be the one to say it but predictions were made that last nights meeting would be to exonerate the powers that be, which from what i have read here is what seems to have taken place, as predicted, was anything actually achieved by last nights meeting, i am not seeing it from the comments in this thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 06.13:22   #66-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Did the board require new members to get away from group think, No we have all the skills required and have done really well 3 highest points total in our history and if we had beaten Orient we would have gone up.
Thanks for the round-up, Redgog.

Given the vast majority of our history has been spent in higher leagues this stat always seems like a strange one to boast about!
Old 22nd October 2019, 06.37:38   #67-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

The board had it all well rehearsed last night. Stats, to prove their worth were flying around from the start. Spencer kept telling us that the club had collected the three highest points haul in their history, when he should have said “whilst we have been in the fifth tier”.
Apparently Carl Darlington is here only because all of the previous three managers wanted him here. He really is that good!
To conclude- it’s not credible (in the boards view) to criticise any of them, as they are doing their best and doing it for free. The old chestnut “ if you can do any better than the board, please sign up” was rolled out again. They surely are better than nowt, but is it the time to find more ambitious types? I spent over two hours there two hours last night, and the old scouse phrase came to mind - “p*ssing in the wind”!
Old 22nd October 2019, 06.39:34   #68-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:

Previous response given in February given again ( challenged latter by Richard regarding when Barrow told Spencer pre meet the manager or post meet the manager, both accused the other of being " mistaken".

Question regarding what happened with the DSA, this got very heated with the board on the back foot and sounding like they reiterated the decision to not use the volunteers going forward? Question from the DSA who leaked the accusation that the DSA had downed tools etc via twitter, board denied it was anyone on the board, when asked would they investigate the answer was "how would they investigate"

I didn't get the impression that anyone had learnt any lessons from the cock up.

Question regarding the latest resignation from the board. Board stated due to personal issues challenged again by a member with a text being produced stating a different reason.

Carl Darlington's role and performance as a coach being challenged ( not improving any players and negative football) Answer was all the managers wanted him and he is very good and a Wrexham fan like all of us.

Did anyone on the board think they should resign after all the mistakes- Answer no, we have done really well except for this year.

Peter did announce that they are looking at a director of football going forward ( I think that's what he was suggesting I don't want to put words in to his mouth)

Was not an easy ride for the board tonight more questions asked but my memory is not what it was.

Well done to all for asking questions, at the start it didn't look like any would be asked

Thanks for this. Alas, I live 8000 miles away, but if I'd been there last night, would have wanted to pursue the question that was asked about Carl Darlington:
they apparently said "all the managers wanted him". Question: did the Board make it a condition of employment at Wrexham AFC that the manager would HAVE to work with Darlington?

Maybe this question could be asked again at some future meeting. A lot of people on here get routinely bothered by the presence of Darlington at the side of the manager, so there seems here to be smoke and therefore (possibly) fire.....
Some clarity would be useful. A direct question followed by a direct and honest answer. Too much to ask?
Old 22nd October 2019, 07.09:08   #69-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: boys pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazes View Post
Thanks for this. Alas, I live 8000 miles away, but if I'd been there last night, would have wanted to pursue the question that was asked about Carl Darlington:
they apparently said "all the managers wanted him". Question: did the Board make it a condition of employment at Wrexham AFC that the manager would HAVE to work with Darlington?

Maybe this question could be asked again at some future meeting. A lot of people on here get routinely bothered by the presence of Darlington at the side of the manager, so there seems here to be smoke and therefore (possibly) fire.....
Some clarity would be useful. A direct question followed by a direct and honest answer. Too much to ask?
With this board - YES
Old 22nd October 2019, 07.14:59   #70-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

So the response to the meeting broadly negative?

So help make a change then folks...
Old 22nd October 2019, 07.17:41   #71-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

That point really annoys me. Last season we played orient 3 times and lost 3 times. No way would we have beaten them.

Also they coasted to a draw in their last game because that was all they needed.
Old 22nd October 2019, 07.32:30   #72-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

So since last night's meeting achieving absolutely nothing, now really is the time to send your email for the EGM. I can't see why you wouldn't? If not you are clearly stating you are happy with the current board.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.16:05.