Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd October 2019, 21.52:22   #21-0 (permalink)
User

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham 1

messing about in these tin pot cups will cement our relegation place
Old 22nd October 2019, 21.52:32   #22-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Very good first-half, when we passed the ball quickly on the deck. Second-half we were dire, with Harris and Grant cocking up one-on-ones with Coddington. Barton was a good shout for MOTM but Lainton made some great reaction saves to keep Chesterfield out.

Glad we won but need some better players pdq because we will struggle to pick up points these next few games if our second-half performance becomes the norm.
Old 22nd October 2019, 21.54:18   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
messing about in these tin pot cups will cement our relegation place
Little sign of cement but lots of jelly.
Old 22nd October 2019, 21.54:46   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale centre

Agree with all above. Main positive for me was Horsfield who I thought had a pretty decent game. Solid, plenty of energy up n down the wing. Doesn't panic on the ball and always found his man with a pass.
Old 22nd October 2019, 21.58:13   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Came out of the blocks on fire - played some nice football first half - nice passing to feet - my belief is that Chesterfield were treating their derby on Saturday v Notts County in the league as top priority and made 6 changes - out went the big guns and they started with Boden and Spyrou - we started with Hooper and Grant up front.

First half we were better - but in total contrast it was if the teams just changed shirts at half time - second half we hardly got out of our half and sat deep almost inviting pressure - that said we had good chances to increase our lead - a breakaway where two Wrexham players had shots in quick succession but both couldn't kill the game plus Grant with a straight run on goal with only Coddington to beat in the closing stages but messed it up.

Chesterfield were like us - some good approach play and when they brought on Denton late on they looked even more threatening - lumping in lots of crosses that Chambers and Barton dealt with - but they too had their chances.

Both teams were poor and neither show any cutting edge or can turn in a good performance over 90 minutes - if you throw two turds in a confined bucket of water one always floats a bit higher than the other - marginally we were top turd tonight - but I doubt Rochdale will be so charitable in the next round.

The new right back Horsefield looked solid enough - the back four did well but it's a team thing - we just seemed to sit back and allow Chesterfield to dictate play in the second half - granted they had to come out and chase the game but it's not the first time we seem to adopt this tactic and hope by scoring first we can defend the game out or are we not fit enough to play full tilt for 90 minutes ? Second half was exactly the opposite to the first - we totally lost out high tempo and playing with zip.
Old 22nd October 2019, 21.59:45   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: behind the goal

I watched it but Ive got no idea how we won
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.04:34   #27-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

This team could seriously go down. That was awful. Two dreadful teams. Any half decent side would have thrashed us tonight.
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.10:52   #28-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuderz123 View Post
They were doing a sponsored silence. I said I'd give them 10p for every 10 minutes they were silent for but they ruined it with that oooh. I'm feeling generous though so will give them 80p
For which charity Simon?
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.17:56   #29-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]

Not bad 1st half, bloody awful 2nd half. Hardly put more than 2 consecutive passes together after the break and seem to lose our shape and semblance of tactics! But a win is a win. Lainton was my MoM especially late on.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.25:13   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Question Re: Wrexham 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
Not bad 1st half, bloody awful 2nd half. Hardly put more than 2 consecutive passes together after the break and seem to lose our shape and semblance of tactics! But a win is a win. Lainton was my MoM especially late on.
Posted via mobile theme
Put together that one passing movement which i think led to harris cocking up his clear scoring opportunity. That passage of play was more luck than skill with us riding our luck at every ball.

Game of two halves today. First half thought we looked decent, second half was on a par with last weeks game. A good team would have torn us a new one.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.53:13.