Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.10:52   #28-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuderz123 View Post
They were doing a sponsored silence. I said I'd give them 10p for every 10 minutes they were silent for but they ruined it with that oooh. I'm feeling generous though so will give them 80p
For which charity Simon?
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.17:56   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Twitter: @Hiphiphooray

Not bad 1st half, bloody awful 2nd half. Hardly put more than 2 consecutive passes together after the break and seem to lose our shape and semblance of tactics! But a win is a win. Lainton was my MoM especially late on.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.25:13   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Question Re: Wrexham 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
Not bad 1st half, bloody awful 2nd half. Hardly put more than 2 consecutive passes together after the break and seem to lose our shape and semblance of tactics! But a win is a win. Lainton was my MoM especially late on.
Posted via mobile theme
Put together that one passing movement which i think led to harris cocking up his clear scoring opportunity. That passage of play was more luck than skill with us riding our luck at every ball.

Game of two halves today. First half thought we looked decent, second half was on a par with last weeks game. A good team would have torn us a new one.
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.34:10   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Any joy we had came when we kept the ball on the floor. Did it a few times in the first half but keates had seen enough by half time and second half we hoofed relentlessly. Awful to watch. Shite game with 2 shite teams
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd October 2019, 22.37:23   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davd29 View Post
Grant is dire. Trouble is he thinks he’s Messi or someone not just the missed chance at the end. His shooting outside the box my god has he ever hit the target. Why are we pumping balls into him it just comes right back at you. Think he needs resting now Dean
Despite his faults he is currently our top scorer.
Old 22nd October 2019, 23.39:55   #33-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post
Any joy we had came when we kept the ball on the floor. Did it a few times in the first half but keates had seen enough by half time and second half we hoofed relentlessly. Awful to watch. Shite game with 2 shite teams
Posted via mobile theme
We need quality in midfield. If Keates is making another loan signing this is the area he needs to improve most.
Old 23rd October 2019, 06.38:56   #34-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Hooper is better than Oswell but neither are target men. Hooper would be better playing off someone. Harris isn’t a natural striker but could be good on RW. Grant played well in the first-half but faded badly in the second — just like most others — and his late miss was a hanging offence.

I still think our main problem is a lack of ability in midfield. Rutherford brings energy but is limited. Redmond has quality but can’t last 90 minutes. Barton is essentially a third CB because our CB pairings aren’t good enough or quick enough on their own.

Horsfield had a very good first-half but again faded in the second. He is definitely better than BB.

Clearly that performance wasn’t good enough overall to suggest we are climbing out of the doldrums. If it wasn’t for Lainton we would have lost that. DK has much to do. My question to him would be: why did we stop playing football in the second-half and sit ever deeper? If it was because Chesterfield were so much better then we have serious issues because they were truly awful in the first-half.

In conclusion, 2 poor teams that will be struggling to avoid relegation unless they get their acts together. I care not whether Chesterfield slip into oblivion, but am getting worried we might, too, unless we sort things out pdq. Rochdale will have one eye on the Round 2 draw after watching that tame effort.
Old 23rd October 2019, 07.09:40   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

At the WST meeting the football club board spokesperson said the manager will have funds to improve the team. So watch that space - the pitch I mean.
Old 23rd October 2019, 07.13:07   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

2nd half they closed our players down a lot quicker leading to a lack of composure from players lacking in confidence, who just played hoof. They were quicker to the second ball and this just created more pressure. I hardly think this was a Keats game plan as some imply just poor decisions on the pitch. We rode our luck with a good strike hitting Lainton, who knew nothing about it then Jennings getting in the way of the second near the end of the game. Their keeper did well against grant made him self big. Harris is still learning but something you can’t teach is bravery. He continually backs out of challenges and gives up too easily. DK has a lot to do.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.54:07.