Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.09:55   #41-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxcrayon View Post
Need a big centre forward unlike Denton to get knock downs from
Corrected for sanity!
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.15:49   #42-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Its easy to blame Keates for a tired looking second half performance, but it could just as easy be a lack of fitness due to the previous managers reluctance to put them through their paces.

Keates needs time to weed out the bad ones and freshen up the squad, until then, so long as the follow up to "Wrexham 1" ends with a nil, thats me happy.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.36:03   #43-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Its easy to blame Keates for a tired looking second half performance, but it could just as easy be a lack of fitness due to the previous managers reluctance to put them through their paces.

Keates needs time to weed out the bad ones and freshen up the squad, until then, so long as the follow up to "Wrexham 1" ends with a nil, thats me happy.
It's incredibly frustrating if it is a lack of fitness. Don't we have a fitness/performance coach? They're professional footballers ffs. Being fit as possible should be one of their bloody objectives!
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.46:07   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:

I think it is more a lack of confidence and cohesion, players who looked good and wanted to get on the ball and pass reverted to type once Chesterfield upped their game. How often do we hear a game of 2 halfs, we just need to start getting that 2nd goal. It's a start though,a blank sheet and definitely something to build on.

I'm not sure how we are going to get the best out of our pacy forwards (Tollitt & Harris) with the diamond midfield but if we can get a settled system and grind out a few results, things may finally start to click. Missing Hooper & Lainton and right back have been our biggest issues and touch wood these are sorted and we have proved we can win without the leadership of Pearson.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.48:06   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Horsfield played well, looks like a right back and a solid footballer

Jennings created the goal, but sold himself too often and they got passed him easily

Chambers - a bit dodgy, but handled Denton well. We could easily have conceded another own goal.
Lainton brings an added dimension - he’s a solid keeper

Rutherford no end game again.

Why lump the ball to Grant who was marked by a giant

Good or better than good first half, woeful second half

Glad to get through and the next game is winnable

Plenty for Keates to work on
Old 23rd October 2019, 09.01:45   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

A win's a win. I think we are expecting too much for a side in our form and confidence to do anything other than scrape ugly wins at the moment. Hopefully as confidence is regained from a few scrappy 1-0s we can then try and be more expansive/entertaining but it's all about the result at the moment, like it or not.

Maybe we can lift ourselves v Rochdale and take this into the league. I'm going to Dagenham on Sat so bloody hope we do!
Old 23rd October 2019, 09.03:47   #47-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
A win's a win. I think we are expecting too much for a side in our form and confidence to do anything other than scrape ugly wins at the moment. Hopefully as confidence is regained from a few scrappy 1-0s we can then try and be more expansive/entertaining but it's all about the result at the moment, like it or not.

Maybe we can lift ourselves v Rochdale and take this into the league. I'm going to Dagenham on Sat so bloody hope we do!
a 1-0 defeat, then a 1-1 draw, then a 1-0 win against the same opposition in a week - clear signs of progress!!
Old 23rd October 2019, 09.06:42   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
a 1-0 defeat, then a 1-1 draw, then a 1-0 win against the same opposition in a week - clear signs of progress!!
Absolutely, crumbs of comfort at least!!
Old 23rd October 2019, 10.09:14   #49-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
With the greatest of respect that's a piss weak excuse. The players should get themselves fit and keep themselves fit regardless of who the manager is.
I don't believe for one second that BH didn't work on their fitness anyway, he played at a much higher level than this for years so he knows what's required.

I'd be more inclined to point the finger at the players on this. If they can't last more than 45 minutes in a game at the end of October then they are a disgrace.
Old 23rd October 2019, 10.10:02   #50-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Opposition who are utterly dreadful too. Its called clutching at straws I believe krux

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.04:15.