Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd October 2019, 07.26:11   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham 1

First half our fullbacks got forward. They put wide men into their midfield and that killed our wide play. Our coaching team still looking for plan b.

Why do do kick long ball after long ball to grant? Hooper won virtually every aerial challenge yet Lainton never aims at him.

Winning another round or 2 may make a difference to the playing budget. For those who stayed away last night, especially season ticket holders, please make every attempt to turn up for the next round. You’ll all want “your” seat for a glamorous 3rd round tie.

Grant should have scored, Harris bottled a 1 on1 out wide with Coddington , but otherwise 45 minutes of hold what we have. Welcome back Keates. I’ve missed my 2nd half insomnia cures. Dreadful. Our 1 hope is that Hooper gets match fit and plays more. Until he signs a pre contract elsewhere in January and gives up like our previous useful looking players.
Old 23rd October 2019, 07.40:55   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Hooper is better than Oswell but neither are target men. Hooper would be better playing off someone. Harris isn’t a natural striker but could be good on RW. Grant played well in the first-half but faded badly in the second — just like most others — and his late miss was a hanging offence.

I still think our main problem is a lack of ability in midfield. Rutherford brings energy but is limited. Redmond has quality but can’t last 90 minutes. Barton is essentially a third CB because our CB pairings aren’t good enough or quick enough on their own.

Horsfield had a very good first-half but again faded in the second. He is definitely better than BB.

Clearly that performance wasn’t good enough overall to suggest we are climbing out of the doldrums. If it wasn’t for Lainton we would have lost that. DK has much to do. My question to him would be: why did we stop playing football in the second-half and sit ever deeper? If it was because Chesterfield were so much better then we have serious issues because they were truly awful in the first-half.

In conclusion, 2 poor teams that will be struggling to avoid relegation unless they get their acts together. I care not whether Chesterfield slip into oblivion, but am getting worried we might, too, unless we sort things out pdq. Rochdale will have one eye on the Round 2 draw after watching that tame effort.
I agree that our issues are in Midfield. Were Summerfield and Young 'Rested' I simply cannot believe that they are behind Akil Wright in the pecking order. As for Redmond I have the same view as you BUT when have we actually seen that Quality ? Is this a kings clothes scenario where we all somehow believe that he is talented but in reality he is just a lazy bugger ? I do think our style does not suit him and ,a bit like Harris, he is bewildered by the basics of Conference level football.
I also agree that Horsfield had a decent first half but compared to coco the clown I would.
The Grant 'Miss' was just a cocky scouser trying to showboat and we need to get over it. Dropping our leading scorer is nonsense but he does deserve a bollocking - if they had equalised and subjected us all to 30 more minutes they would have ended up playing in front of a Bulgarian stadium as I am not sure many could have tolerated more.
Cautiously optimistic at half time and deflated at full time (despite the win we could all see the cracks)
Old 23rd October 2019, 07.49:32   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: On my bum

Need a big centre forward like Denton to get knock downs from
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.08:41   #40-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
First half our fullbacks got forward. They put wide men into their midfield and that killed our wide play. Our coaching team still looking for plan b.

Why do do kick long ball after long ball to grant? Hooper won virtually every aerial challenge yet Lainton never aims at him.

Winning another round or 2 may make a difference to the playing budget. For those who stayed away last night, especially season ticket holders, please make every attempt to turn up for the next round. You’ll all want “your” seat for a glamorous 3rd round tie.

Grant should have scored, Harris bottled a 1 on1 out wide with Coddington , but otherwise 45 minutes of hold what we have. Welcome back Keates. I’ve missed my 2nd half insomnia cures. Dreadful. Our 1 hope is that Hooper gets match fit and plays more. Until he signs a pre contract elsewhere in January and gives up like our previous useful looking players.
Glad you’re back posting. Being a WREXHAM fan continues to be a trial, but one we must face. Agree Harris must stop pulling out, if only because he will get hurt. Just hope it’s on TV because I will probably not be able to make the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I agree that our issues are in Midfield. Were Summerfield and Young 'Rested' I simply cannot believe that they are behind Akil Wright in the pecking order. As for Redmond I have the same view as you BUT when have we actually seen that Quality ? Is this a kings clothes scenario where we all somehow believe that he is talented but in reality he is just a lazy bugger ? I do think our style does not suit him and ,a bit like Harris, he is bewildered by the basics of Conference level football.
I also agree that Horsfield had a decent first half but compared to coco the clown I would.
The Grant 'Miss' was just a cocky scouser trying to showboat and we need to get over it. Dropping our leading scorer is nonsense but he does deserve a bollocking - if they had equalised and subjected us all to 30 more minutes they would have ended up playing in front of a Bulgarian stadium as I am not sure many could have tolerated more.
Cautiously optimistic at half time and deflated at full time (despite the win we could all see the cracks)
I was impressed by Horsfield. Hopefully he will improve further as he gains match fitness.

We need a midfield general and a target man. Get those 2 in pdq and DK might just rescue the season. If not, we are in for some nail-biting times!
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.09:55   #41-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxcrayon View Post
Need a big centre forward unlike Denton to get knock downs from
Corrected for sanity!
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.15:49   #42-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Its easy to blame Keates for a tired looking second half performance, but it could just as easy be a lack of fitness due to the previous managers reluctance to put them through their paces.

Keates needs time to weed out the bad ones and freshen up the squad, until then, so long as the follow up to "Wrexham 1" ends with a nil, thats me happy.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.36:03   #43-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Its easy to blame Keates for a tired looking second half performance, but it could just as easy be a lack of fitness due to the previous managers reluctance to put them through their paces.

Keates needs time to weed out the bad ones and freshen up the squad, until then, so long as the follow up to "Wrexham 1" ends with a nil, thats me happy.
It's incredibly frustrating if it is a lack of fitness. Don't we have a fitness/performance coach? They're professional footballers ffs. Being fit as possible should be one of their bloody objectives!
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.46:07   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post

I think it is more a lack of confidence and cohesion, players who looked good and wanted to get on the ball and pass reverted to type once Chesterfield upped their game. How often do we hear a game of 2 halfs, we just need to start getting that 2nd goal. It's a start though,a blank sheet and definitely something to build on.

I'm not sure how we are going to get the best out of our pacy forwards (Tollitt & Harris) with the diamond midfield but if we can get a settled system and grind out a few results, things may finally start to click. Missing Hooper & Lainton and right back have been our biggest issues and touch wood these are sorted and we have proved we can win without the leadership of Pearson.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.48:06   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Horsfield played well, looks like a right back and a solid footballer

Jennings created the goal, but sold himself too often and they got passed him easily

Chambers - a bit dodgy, but handled Denton well. We could easily have conceded another own goal.
Lainton brings an added dimension - he’s a solid keeper

Rutherford no end game again.

Why lump the ball to Grant who was marked by a giant

Good or better than good first half, woeful second half

Glad to get through and the next game is winnable

Plenty for Keates to work on
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.48:57.