Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd October 2019, 11.16:52   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Opposition who are utterly dreadful too. Its called clutching at straws I believe krux
What was your opinion of the game ?
Old 23rd October 2019, 11.28:12   #56-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Bottom of the Eric Roberts Stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
messing about in these tin pot cups will cement our relegation place
Yeah the FA Cups proper tinpot hahaha
Old 23rd October 2019, 11.32:51   #57-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Wow. Relax.

There's a difference between strong management etc and players just downing tools and being unprofessional, they should be keeping fit as a bare minimum so if they weren't then that speaks volumes about them as players regardless of what BH did or didn't do with them. So I still say blaming BH is a bit feeble and its just excuse making for the players who the club pay to play football to the best of their ability.
Clearly BH should never have been given the job but that's an entirely different subject.

I realise that players need pampering and treating like children but I still think they should be able to play 90 minutes.

Its interesting that you have heard things about BH tenure here. I'm guessing these things aren't good from what you have implied.
So add him to the list of managers brought here by the board who were incompetent or unprofessional or both and were allowed to do so. So they either weren't aware or they were aware and ignored it, I'm not sure which is worse.
I dunno where you get this idea I am anything other than relaxed, tone doesn't come across well on a message board obviously.

You are 100% right about players downing tools, miraculously recovering from injury, not being fit enough. They absolutely must take some responsibility for performance on the pitch BUT the be all and end all is the manager.

It is his job to instill discipline into the players, get them training to a level that will improve them, get them knowing what he expects of them on the pitch and get their fitness up to scratch. That ISNT the job of the players, that is what Hughes was paid to do. He failed to do it and the results on the pitch spoke for themselves. You here it all the time, managers losing dressing rooms. That is how it happens most of the time, poor management.

All I am saying is Keates needs time to get the players up to speed. A difficult job mid-season at the best of times. Those who dont buy into it will be playing for different clubs soon enough. We are still dealing with the mess Hughes left us.

As for the board appointing him in the first place, of course its blindingly obvious now he wasn't cut out for it. They took a punt (that never looked a good one) and got it wrong. Time to move on.
Old 23rd October 2019, 11.57:20   #58-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I dunno where you get this idea I am anything other than relaxed, tone doesn't come across well on a message board obviously.

You are 100% right about players downing tools, miraculously recovering from injury, not being fit enough. They absolutely must take some responsibility for performance on the pitch BUT the be all and end all is the manager.

It is his job to instill discipline into the players, get them training to a level that will improve them, get them knowing what he expects of them on the pitch and get their fitness up to scratch. That ISNT the job of the players, that is what Hughes was paid to do. He failed to do it and the results on the pitch spoke for themselves. You here it all the time, managers losing dressing rooms. That is how it happens most of the time, poor management.

All I am saying is Keates needs time to get the players up to speed. A difficult job mid-season at the best of times. Those who dont buy into it will be playing for different clubs soon enough. We are still dealing with the mess Hughes left us.

As for the board appointing him in the first place, of course its blindingly obvious now he wasn't cut out for it. They took a punt (that never looked a good one) and got it wrong. Time to move on.
Your reply gave me that impression, that's why.

It was blindingly obvious when they appointed him, never mind now. Other than this,most of what you write I agree with although I still think you're letting players off lightly.

How many mistakes do we give the board that we should just 'move on from' out of interest? The count is getting quite high now.

We need to stop indulging people who are doing a shit job, volunteers or not, if we ever want to achieve anything.
Old 23rd October 2019, 13.03:51   #59-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Hooper is better than Oswell but neither are target men. Hooper would be better playing off someone. Harris isn’t a natural striker but could be good on RW. Grant played well in the first-half but faded badly in the second — just like most others — and his late miss was a hanging offence.

I still think our main problem is a lack of ability in midfield. Rutherford brings energy but is limited. Redmond has quality but can’t last 90 minutes. Barton is essentially a third CB because our CB pairings aren’t good enough or quick enough on their own.

Horsfield had a very good first-half but again faded in the second. He is definitely better than BB

Clearly that performance wasn’t good enough overall to suggest we are climbing out of the doldrums. If it wasn’t for Lainton we would have lost that. DK has much to do. My question to him would be: why did we stop playing football in the second-half and sit ever deeper? If it was because Chesterfield were so much better then we have serious issues because they were truly awful in the first-half.

In conclusion, 2 poor teams that will be struggling to avoid relegation unless they get their acts together. I care not whether Chesterfield slip into oblivion, but am getting worried we might, too, unless we sort things out pdq. Rochdale will have one eye on the Round 2 draw after watching that tame effort.
Agree with pretty much all you say PD, but in Redmond’s case - he doesn't last 50 minutes, never mind 90. Never have I seen a player hide as much as him second half !
Old 23rd October 2019, 13.09:48   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Apologies if I missed something, but where was Pearson again last night?
Old 23rd October 2019, 13.16:11   #61-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill View Post
Agree with pretty much all you say PD, but in Redmond’s case - he doesn't last 50 minutes, never mind 90. Never have I seen a player hide as much as him second half !
He has bags of ability but his application is mostly poor, probably due to his poor stamina. Don’t know if he has an underlying medical condition, but he must contribute more.

That said, we have Rutherford at the over end of the spectrum: runs all day, the occasional glimpse of greatness, but mostly poor control, lack of vision and pace. I don’t dislike him, but his limitations are there to be seen.
Old 23rd October 2019, 13.20:57   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Apologies if I missed something, but where was Pearson again last night?
In the MRS - Injured
Old 23rd October 2019, 14.25:21   #63-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
In the MRS - Injured
Lucky Mrs Moyn
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.36:17.