RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Racecourse Lease Liability (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114800-racecourse-lease-liability.html)

Prodigal Dragon 26th October 2019 16.34:16

Racecourse Lease Liability

Assuming the worst does happen and we are relegated -- we can still pull away but it is looking increasingly more difficult even at this early stage -- then the Racecourse would become an even bigger financial liability than it currently is.

Who would be responsible for paying Glyndwr the £100k or £200k per annum lease? Someone must be liable.:eek:

Colonel D 26th October 2019 16.35:32

Re: Racecourse Lease Liability

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2311403]Assuming the worst does happen and we are relegated -- we can still pull away but it is looking increasingly more difficult even at this early stage -- then the Racecourse would become an even bigger financial liability than it currently is.

Who would be responsible for paying Glyndwr the £100k or £200k per annum lease? Someone must be liable.:eek:[/QUOTE]
Yes the club.

Prodigal Dragon 26th October 2019 16.37:35

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2311404]Yes the club.[/QUOTE]

Is it not in a separate entity to the club? Or do the club directly hold the lease?

fezbob 26th October 2019 16.39:02

I would've thought it would be with the Wrexham Assets Ltd company?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 26th October 2019 16.43:35

[QUOTE=fezbob;2311411]I would've thought it would be with the Wrexham Assets Ltd company?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

That was my understanding. But who underwrites them?

If it is current Board members, and we have no indemnity against relegation, then those directors must be held accountable.

Redted 26th October 2019 16.44:57

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2311403]Assuming the worst does happen and we are relegated -- we can still pull away but it is looking increasingly more difficult even at this early stage -- then the Racecourse would become an even bigger financial liability than it currently is.

Who would be responsible for paying Glyndwr the £100k or £200k per annum lease? Someone must be liable.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally I've just been discussing the topic of the lease with my father, if we go down and gate receipts drop we're screwed. The board must loosen the purse strings in January and put some serious investment into the team otherwise we're definitely heading for disaster. We have to spend, we have no choice. They have put us into this position and they have to release funds to give us at least a chance of surviving in this league.

shetred 26th October 2019 16.47:48

Fear not we have flames wallpaper in the tunnel....

Prodigal Dragon 26th October 2019 16.54:06

[QUOTE=Redted;2311421]Coincidentally I've just been discussing the topic of the lease with my father, if we go down and gate receipts drop we're screwed. The board must loosen the purse strings in January and put some serious investment into the team otherwise we're definitely heading for disaster. We have to spend, we have no choice. They have put us into this position and they have to release funds to give us at least a chance of surviving in this league.[/QUOTE]

This is my fear, although I am glad I am not liable.

However, for all their protestations, those in power seem unwilling to recognise the dangers we are in. Unless we edge away soon, those finances will rapidly fall into the red, and then the very existence of the club will be threatened.

With no white knight, and a fan-base that is rapidly losing patience, there is no other source of revenue than 'football fortune'.

NottsRed 26th October 2019 16.55:33

[QUOTE=Redted;2311421]Coincidentally I've just been discussing the topic of the lease with my father, if we go down and gate receipts drop we're screwed. The board must loosen the purse strings in January and put some serious investment into the team otherwise we're definitely heading for disaster. We have to spend, we have no choice. They have put us into this position and they have to release funds to give us at least a chance of surviving in this league.[/QUOTE]

It will be too late by January. We need two to three players in this week ideally.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.13:25.