Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th October 2019, 16.32:49   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolini View Post
At last some sense. If we continue with the fans owned model, then presumably the next members of the future football board are already members of the Trust. Can you name them and tell people like me what their relevant strengths are and how that marries in to running a football club.

Once those "replacements" are in place, are they going to be bombproof, or will they too be subjected to the hateful tirade that some of the present board have had to endure if things just happen not to go to plan?

Where do we find an honest philanthropic millionaire who will take over the club with no real assets, invest heavily and not require any financial benefits. Do they exist?

None of us are very happy at the moment, so please tell me what your answer is.
"Things just happen not to go to plan..."

That just makes this all sound like a big honest accident, when the truth is anything but.

Is the disgraceful treatment of the DSA and former academy staff "things just happen not to go to plan..."?

Is the numerous managerial appointments and the January fiasco "things just happen not to go to plan..." ?

Is our part-time approach to all things football-related at the club "things just happen not to go to plan..." ?

I'm sure there have been good intentions and honest mistakes along the way, but the above has trumped that and lead to a spiral of arrogance and aloofness which has alienated a huge number of supporters.
Old 29th October 2019, 16.40:34   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
At last some sense. If we continue with the fans owned model, then presumably the next members of the future football board are already members of the Trust. Can you name them and tell people like me what their relevant strengths are and how that marries in to running a football club.

Once those "replacements" are in place, are they going to be bombproof, or will they too be subjected to the hateful tirade that some of the present board have had to endure if things just happen not to go to plan?

Where do we find an honest philanthropic millionaire who will take over the club with no real assets, invest heavily and not require any financial benefits. Do they exist?

Could you have done the same for the current boards 9 years ago?
Old 29th October 2019, 17.13:41   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyMac View Post
Which, as we are a fans owned club, would reduce income and therefore the budget for players which would make the squad even weaker, with the consequence of dropping even further down the leagues.
In Blackpools case they were aiming at the owner and by not attending reduced his income and the value of the club to sell
Well considering how much these wst supporting throbbers love telling us that there’s nothing to invest in ... if we all stop going maybe il get what Iv always wanted the wst giving the club away to someone who can take us forward.
Old 29th October 2019, 17.22:16   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

No, I cannot name them. I'm not one who's advocating a whole restructure of the board but I would like to see some changes as whatever is happening, it is not working. I would like to see a professional hired at CEO level to oversee the board while they dig us out of this mess and a Director of Football brought in to oversee the footballing side. We looking at former players who may lend us a hand in that department as I'm sure there are a few there who would like to assist.

Do you not think that some of the stick they get is justified? Just take a second to look at our situation. We are staring relegation to the national league north down the barrel. Should we drop to the level below and not bounce immediately back up, crowds will drop significantly (as they've already begun to) and we will struggle to afford the lease on the ground, let alone any players to come in. Should we lose our club or ground because of those who think they know better, I will not hold back and neither will anyone with a sense of passion for this football club. You now may counter that death threats are incredibly over the top, as is abuse, which I agree with. People telling them to leave the club isn't unjustified at this point though.

Yes, they do exist. Look at teams like Salford, Forest Green and Fleetwood who have zoomed past us in recent years. These clubs had little to no assets either, yet with heavy investment their millionaire owners have seen them into the football league and beyond. Investing into a football club is a risk, but one a lot of millionaires like to take due to the enjoyment of running a football club can bring. Look at Lincoln, I bet those south African investors are over the moon with the money they pumped in and too right they should be. They've seen profits soar and are now competing at League One level. I think they could even go higher! There are other examples and if you would like me to list a few I'd be more than happy to.

I hope I've answered your questions there, and I hope that you will provide a follow-up given that you've received a thorough response from me.
Old 29th October 2019, 17.42:34   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

The result of leading without the know how required probably leads to things just happening to not go to plan. Nobody should have to endure any personal abuse btw but lets be honest here... there have been a succession of expensive blunders made seeing us where we are. The current leadership have proven they do not have the skill sets to reverse the decline they have presided over. The answer is to get people in who have the skill sets to halt the decline and take us forward.
Old 29th October 2019, 17.53:05   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

If there is not any millionaires about in this national division why is it that we have not been very competitive in this division in the past 7 seasons considering we get 3000 more fans than the average national league club.I am sure you will tell me Solihull have got a backer but have got a car park they rent out.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.00:34.