Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th October 2019, 14.20:59   #19-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Egm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I posted the following yesterday but few will have read it since the thread has closed. One or two misunderstood the message it contained. It isn't a declaration of undying support for the current Boards - instead it is a way in which an EGM could be held constructively:

Re: What are they thinking

We've had players come here off the back of good performances for their previous team(s).

We've had precious little out of them after signing them, on loan or on contracts.

They've moved on to other clubs, and have regained their lost form.

We have many players who are still with us, but who are underperforming.

They aren't all useless players.

I doubt that Mr Kellogg's and his merry men sanctioned the spending on their wages and then 'arranged' it that so they failed to live up to their potential.

Somewhere, there's a link between the above situations, and we need to find out what it is NOW!

Forget the idea that we need to spend big on new players. Instead we need to address the reason why there's a wet rot spreading through the way that we play.

Just how the hell can anyone claim that true fans of the club who put hours and hours of voluntary work into making us a better club could gain anything out of making players fail week after week? Why would they do that? What possible reason could there be for them choosing to loose week after week?

Look for the answers to the above, THEN remove the cause of our incipient decay.

*** Instead of expecting the club or the trust to host an expensive kangaroo court style of EGM which will never happen (and you know it!) disgruntled fans need to organise an independent meeting somewhere off the park if you honestly believe that it is the Trust Board or the Club Board's DIRECT fault that this decay is continuing. Look for the real reasons for the problems. Invite former players to give their side of the story. Based on the answers received, you then write motions to be put before an EGM and submit them to the club and the trust as required. Whatever those motions demand, you must be prepared to put your money where your mouth is in finding the solutions to the problem, whether it is a lack of proper coaching, which would need you to consider getting rid of AND replacing coaches with better ones and financing that move, or building better toilets (not that doing the latter would improve performances on the pitch!)

Create a plan... it seems that there are experts here who know all the problems and think they know the solutions. Do it - you will have plenty of support for your efforts. However, be prepared for the backlash from yet more disgruntled fans if your solutions don't work, placing you in exactly the same line of fire as you are now putting the present Boards. ***
So, who do you hold primarily responsible for the predicament we are in?

The Board chooses a manager and gives him a goal and some dosh.

The manager chooses his No2, the team and tactics etc.

If the manager isn't up to it or there is a third malevolent force preventing things, it's up to the manager and Board to remove the problem for the greater good of the club.

Personally, I think the Board has made numerous, speculative appointments, most of which have crashed and burnt. Ricketts was the exception but he left pdq.
Old 30th October 2019, 14.21:12   #20-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

EGM 2019 user not been on since the 18th - threads have been left open for a couple of matches at a time.
Old 30th October 2019, 15.12:29   #21-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
So, who do you hold primarily responsible for the predicament we are in?

The Board chooses a manager and gives him a goal and some dosh.

The manager chooses his No2, the team and tactics etc.

If the manager isn't up to it or there is a third malevolent force preventing things, it's up to the manager and Board to remove the problem for the greater good of the club.

Personally, I think the Board has made numerous, speculative appointments, most of which have crashed and burnt. Ricketts was the exception but he left pdq.
If you want a truthful answer, there's a need to revisit our last experiences under private ownership when the financial situation at the club was truly dire. But that's old news by now, and in this blame culture, other scapegoats are being sought.

You say 'The Board chooses a manager and gives him a goal and some dosh. The manager chooses his No2, the team and tactics etc.'

That's standard practice in most if not all other clubs. In our case, every manager has failed to secure the fans' primary goal which is to secure promotion, obviously. Adding to our problems there are the concerns (I don't know if there's hard evidence) that there's a 'malevolent force' at play in the form of a coaching team - or individual - who for some unknown reason has been a constant in recent seasons, whether the managers wanted him or not. There may also be a belief from someone on the board that this individual is too precious to sack. God alone knows why! Remove those two characters and it feels as though whatever is stifling our abilities to score and win games will be behind us. What would then remain would be the issue of who would be brought in to replace them.

I suggested that those players who were scoring freely until they settled in at Wrexham and lost their way completely before leaving and then regaining the very skills that we were paying them for should be consulted to see if they would throw light on who or whatever has been happening behind the scenes that caused their loss in form. If there is a corrosive influence at the club, we MUST get rid of it. But simply claiming that it is X or Y without any proof will be an utter waste of time. Just hoping it will go away will never work.
Old 30th October 2019, 15.20:18   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
If you want a truthful answer, there's a need to revisit our last experiences under private ownership when the financial situation at the club was truly dire. But that's old news by now, and in this blame culture, other scapegoats are being sought.

You say 'The Board chooses a manager and gives him a goal and some dosh. The manager chooses his No2, the team and tactics etc.'

That's standard practice in most if not all other clubs. In our case, every manager has failed to secure the fans' primary goal which is to secure promotion, obviously. Adding to our problems there are the concerns (I don't know if there's hard evidence) that there's a 'malevolent force' at play in the form of a coaching team - or individual - who for some unknown reason has been a constant in recent seasons, whether the managers wanted him or not. There may also be a belief from someone on the board that this individual is too precious to sack. God alone knows why! Remove those two characters and it feels as though whatever is stifling our abilities to score and win games will be behind us. What would then remain would be the issue of who would be brought in to replace them.

I suggested that those players who were scoring freely until they settled in at Wrexham and lost their way completely before leaving and then regaining the very skills that we were paying them for should be consulted to see if they would throw light on who or whatever has been happening behind the scenes that caused their loss in form. If there is a corrosive influence at the club, we MUST get rid of it. But simply claiming that it is X or Y without any proof will be an utter waste of time. Just hoping it will go away will never work.
I would also add that it should be a priority to get to the truth (that's truth not cover up) if any board members have been involved in smear campaigns on social media or not. It goes without saying that such individuals should be removed.
Old 30th October 2019, 15.34:56   #23-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
I would also add that it should be a priority to get to the truth (that's truth not cover up) if any board members have been involved in smear campaigns on social media or not. It goes without saying that such individuals should be removed.
Agree. We should not condone such acts, if true.
Old 30th October 2019, 15.43:22   #24-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Sam View Post
And going by some of the accusations they made under a false name against certain fans, prosecuted and sued too.
Old 30th October 2019, 15.46:44   #25-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:

Moss gave Saunders a massive budget that ultimately led to nowt. He then wanted some of it back, having paid the club £6m for the land behind the Kop.

As with most things in life, Moss was neither entirely good nor entirely bad. But, when he banged out, the club was in dire straits. Initially, it was ordinary fans who raised the cash to save the club -- by raising the £250k bond demanded by the Conference -- and then the WST eventually took over from Moss et al.

The WST helped stabilise the club, and were fortunate to get some 'football fortune' to balance the books. However, the WST has been unable to devise a strategy to get us out of this hell-hole and back into the FL, where FA grants etc make life so much easier.

This season's awful start has put the WST's decision-making processes under the spotlight, and they are coming up wanting. If the team were doing well they would escape the criticisms aimed at them. Some of those criticisms are absurd, whilst others are pertinent.

As with Brexit and the general election, an EGM is the proper way to resolve the impasse at the club but, alas, the movers and shakers haven't mustered the minimum support required to call an EGM, let alone win the vote.

And so it goes on. The WST believe they are doing what's best for the club, whilst many fans believe they are doing anything but. That would be corrosive and dangerous enough, but our being in the relegation zone, and looking like a team who couldn't score in a Texas Whorehouse, has made the climate very dangerous. And I fear it will only get worse unless DK and the players get a grip.
Old 30th October 2019, 22.16:40   #26-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
And going by some of the accusations they made under a false name against certain fans, prosecuted and sued too.
Agree with this.

Should this apply to future board members?
Old 31st October 2019, 13.22:50   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

GREAT POST from Ian Parry on Fans Chat with regards the call for an EGM.
Ian is one of the 2 people who put forward the resolution calling for the WST/club to provide accessible facilities to minimum standards.
Of course that was opposed by the board but passed by the members.
(The other proposer Nathan has resigned his WST membership).
Ian has previously said that the WST have left him feeling less valued than an empty plastic seat.

"I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t know this was a thing. Definitely going to sign. As one of the people who put forward the resolution some 18 months ago regarding the 2nd balcony I feel I’ve been completely ignored. No progress at all, complete disregard for disabled fans by putting a wheelchair stand between 2 sets of rival fans, a place usually occupied by police, stewards and security staff. Not 1 single board member has met with me or even spoke to me about how or what a 2nd balcony should be equipped with or even where it should be put. I mean it’s not like I’ve been involved with a charity on behalf of the EFL to assess and report on disabled facilities at league grounds is it or even visited nearly 70 grounds nationwide as a fan and know a lot more about what constitutes a wheelchair viewing platform than ANY board member we have.
Time for a disabled board member I think ����"
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.04:05.